KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » RP General Discussion

RP General Discussion
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (685): « First ... « 681 682 [683] 684 685 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by REXXXX
That's crazy! It trips me out every time you manage to pull these little spoilers and teasers here and there. The talent of a true writer, Ush.

Goddamn Osokans, though...
Xavier has yet to actually fight those pigs lol

At this point I feel like Xavier is starting to feel left out or something. Or perhaps he is just really lucky or smart.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 24th, 2016 12:21 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Hold the phone... did we skip the Clone Wars? And jump into TFO era?

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 02:48 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Nope! The intro to the current game looks back from the time period of the new movies to provide context and a peak at what may be with our game.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 05:20 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Actually, I recommend the Jedi players to also read the intro for for Darkside, though propably it would be more ethical not to follow what happens in the reverse threads after this.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 12:42 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Sorry there, folks- meant to do this yesterday but my timing got all knackered by a friend dropping in.

-

So! Sections for this story:

1. Tracking down Lennah

1 xp you played this section at all and another if you made a reasonable contribution all the way through (I am sure you can judge this for yourself but I think, for example, Roan could not clam all of the 'all the way through' bonuses n this game in all good conscience)

1 xp for finding Lennah, but there are bonuses here for anyone who contributed towards doing this faster. It wasn't that quick so no 2xp bonus but everyone who contributed skills or contacts towards tracking him down scores an extra xp.

1 xp available for meaningful interaction with Saar. Scored for all that exchanged words with him (or described in detail why they refused). Gosh, RPing xp... that's starting to stretch things...

-

2. Secret Sith Base of Doom

The same participation score- 1 for turning up, another 1 for making a reasonable contribution throughout the section.

If you made a contribution towards discovering Darth Kazan's base, score an xp

If you made any contribution to the fight, score another 2 xp. If you dropped out you still score this so long as you did a reasonable amount before dropping. If you were still standing at the end of the fight, score another xp. This fight also ended successfully- despite you guys doing it the hard way by completing both objectives (stealing the data and shutting down the base) when only one was needed. That scores a bonus xp, but that one I am afraid you can't score if you dropped out from the fight (being downed is fine- only stopping playing removes the bonus)

-

3. Shooting Sith in a barrel and the Robine investigation

3 xp straight for everyone who was there for the Dark Side shoot-up, even if you couldn't actually do anything. It was all dramatic and fun enough.

1 xp for being present on Robine; another xp for anyone who made a useful skill contribution. No extra xp for finding bonus info I am afraid.

Count it up and no cheating!

Need a little verification here if I am to stay....

Apologies for my extended absence... So... That Robine stuff must have went on a bit.

Now I was present and contributed for the space battle near Robine before the Sith hyperspaced their hiding, and a little of tracking them down after but I dunno what has happened since as we have been without internet on and off, did we go to see the Saar guy again in the "Imperial" detainment facility or was Robine our final stop?

I was also at the Sith Base of Doom (working backwards here) and think I contributed as much as I could there but I went down. I also tried to help figure out where Darth Kazan's base was. I was still playing pretty much right to the end of that but my presence was less often because Denz was downed but I was glad to get out of there.

I did interact with Saar I believe or at least RPed some in character stuff with other Jedi while discussing with Saar. To be fair here this was the longest time ago now. I don't remember if I made a resonable contribution all the way through. Besides some interesting stuff there wasn't a lot for me to do besides ideas etc. but I was present.

So any ideas what I would have scored, and Ush I'd like your ruling here as I have been a bit in and out late game (the last few months).

13... maybe? But I don't want to cheat here...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2016 12:40 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

I somehow feel that's a little off but I'd have to go back through the thread to be certain.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2016 06:33 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

I still need to actually decide what I'm buying. I should probably do that soon...

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 06:02 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Did someone inform players of Azarl and Relle that new episode has started?

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 08:44 AM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Originally posted by Jedireaper
Need a little verification here if I am to stay....

Apologies for my extended absence... So... That Robine stuff must have went on a bit.

Now I was present and contributed for the space battle near Robine before the Sith hyperspaced their hiding, and a little of tracking them down after but I dunno what has happened since as we have been without internet on and off, did we go to see the Saar guy again in the "Imperial" detainment facility or was Robine our final stop?

I was also at the Sith Base of Doom (working backwards here) and think I contributed as much as I could there but I went down. I also tried to help figure out where Darth Kazan's base was. I was still playing pretty much right to the end of that but my presence was less often because Denz was downed but I was glad to get out of there.

I did interact with Saar I believe or at least RPed some in character stuff with other Jedi while discussing with Saar. To be fair here this was the longest time ago now. I don't remember if I made a resonable contribution all the way through. Besides some interesting stuff there wasn't a lot for me to do besides ideas etc. but I was present.

So any ideas what I would have scored, and Ush I'd like your ruling here as I have been a bit in and out late game (the last few months).

13... maybe? But I don't want to cheat here...

XP isn't a zero sum game... If you think its right, I've got no problems with it.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 06:44 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Originally posted by Tptmanno1
XP isn't a zero sum game... If you think its right, I've got no problems with it.
Cheers smile be nice to try and start doing this more often.

Originally posted by Craft
I somehow feel that's a little off but I'd have to go back through the thread to be certain.

Be good if you could man, it would be awesome. I never got the numbers game. Don't even remember how ot buy skills and such anymore. Has it really been 4 years?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2016 12:53 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

When one has no current idea how to level up. I've honestly forgotten.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 05:06 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Just watched TFA again.

How does Kylo Ren's ability to mind read and tear information out of people's heads factor into our Force trees? And what schticks do we think he used?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 03:25 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

I'd imagine that ability is, like, some weird mastery of Scan or maybe some Sith subtree of Sense?

Not sure about schticks though, I'd have to give it a rewatch for that. Off the top of my head I'd say Cleave and Balanced Guard (or even Forward Guard), as he seemed to be very wild with his swings if memory serves.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 01:37 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Not that when the rules were written we were expecting more canonical source material (and by canonical, I mean that these stories were always meant to be based primarily on the style of the films), but the idea always has been that the rules would be adjusted as new ideas came in.

It's just a matter of whether it is actually worth it now!

Ren's is interesting because, for example, Vader couldn't get specific info like that in ANH. This might point towards a specific talent like we give to Acolytes and Orphans.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 01:51 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

I just assume that some of the extraordinary things the Skywalkers do are beyond the reach of the average Jedi, but they don't do too many things in the films that go that far. Ren's mind reading might go into that category. And stopping lasers and paralyzing people.

I'd think Ren would have Forward Guard and other 'reckless' styled schticks with those messy, aggressive swings.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 08:08 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Remember that in ROTJ Vader was able to figure out that Leia was Luke's sister, so it's not without some similar precedent. It's not exactly the same, as Ren took his info by force (no pun intended. really!) while Vader seems to just pick up on Luke's apparent "broadcast" of his own thoughts/fears.

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 04:05 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

I forgot Vader was able to do that. It must be some kind of technique Jedi or maybe just Sith are able to do with the proper training.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2016 01:07 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Very sorry everyone- obviously been hit by real life stuff again of late. I'm hoping to update the game in Thursday and I should be able to get it done at a proper rate over summer; I'll aim not to let the game drag out in general and will move things along quickly.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 10th, 2016 02:56 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Ah, that's fair enough. It sucks when real life doesn't cut you much slack.

I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things! big grin

Old Post May 11th, 2016 05:43 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Craft
Ah, that's fair enough. It sucks when real life doesn't cut you much slack.

I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things! big grin
Same Xavier has to kill at least one Jedi this game smile

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 11th, 2016 03:26 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote