KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » M. Night Shyamalan [merged]

M. Night Shyamalan [merged]
Started by: 113

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shadow link
aka mr terwilleger

its looks pretty mad, i loved the sixth snese but will probably wait till this one comes out on dvd coz i dont like to watch those movies in theatres -im a softy when it comes to horror and violence, but i redckon it will be good

WORLD JUGGLING DAY JUNE 19

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 12:10 PM
shadow link is currently offline Click here to Send shadow link a Private Message Find more posts by shadow link Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by quantass
It's revealed that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the creatures are really just human beings of "modern day" (2004 era) coming to the village, while the people of the "Village" are the ones stuck in their old fashioned 19th century fabrication made up by the John Hurst character of the film ... It's a flick about People afraid of change ... beyond the forest is modern society of today. John Hurst's character is the one who kills the animals and puts blood on the doors (as seen in the trailer) so that the people of the village believe that creatures really exist when in fact they dont. From the last revision of the script.

Happy Dance Hope this helps Happy Dance

I put spoiler tags just in case. This way ppl read it at their own risk.
Please next time you wish to give out info (wheter its true or not) use the Tags, thank you.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 01:59 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

Signs - M. Night Shyamalan

just saw signs and thought it was really good

i like all of M. Night Shyamalan's films - i like how he takes an old concept and gives it a cool twist

aliens - signs
superheros - unbreakable

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 10:15 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

signs was an excellent movie. when we got back from the movies, my friends dropped me off and i kept looking up at my roof. and i live right next to a soccer feild-- and i know this is asinine but-- i kept looking night after night if there would be a mini- crop circle in it.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 11:10 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Signs is a wicked movie.. but i disagree...signs is nothing like aliens or alien.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 02:02 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Signs reminds me of Indepence Day in many ways. Of course its not as extreme and its just a much better made movie.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 02:15 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

yah, somewhat.... and it was made alot better also.. superbly crafted. Used suspense rather than shock to make the movie somewhat scary. Specially the part on where the newscast shows the alien walking out of the bushes and on top of the roof

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 02:31 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilvorlandobloom

i love that movie! it wasnt that scary though.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 06:09 AM
ilvorlandobloom is currently offline Click here to Send ilvorlandobloom a Private Message Find more posts by ilvorlandobloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by Samas-adian
Signs is a wicked movie.. but i disagree...signs is nothing like aliens or alien.

i think youve misunderstood me

i wasnt saying signs was like the film 'alien' or 'aliens'.

i was saying the director takes a familiar concept such as;

ghosts in the sixth sense
superheros in unbreakable
or aliens (the creatures not the film) in signs

and then gives it a bit of a twist to create a good film.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 01:26 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Samas-adian
yah, somewhat.... and it was made alot better also.. superbly crafted. Used suspense rather than shock to make the movie somewhat scary. Specially the part on where the newscast shows the alien walking out of the bushes and on top of the roof
Yeh, that was cool. And the scene in the basement with the kid. If you pay attention you can see the hand is already there.
I didnt like them showing the alien (in the house, in the tv it was wicked)but... wink

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 02:42 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
greyboy

I'm actually looking forward to the village. I think that it looks like another hit, and will def draw in the thriller fans, not to mention the shyamalan fan base.

I wonder how he'll utilize that "M. Night Symbolism" that we all know and love. It looks like his use of color (the bright red on the doors) might be a big factor in the village.....

any thoughts?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 03:57 PM
greyboy is currently offline Click here to Send greyboy a Private Message Find more posts by greyboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

yeah Signs is cool, the way the whole movie is basically a conversation between Mel Gibson's character and god. and i liked the way everything came together at the end, and how everything bad that had happened to Gibson's character, even the death of his wife, had a reason behind it.

plus Joaquin Phoenix is my fave actor thumb up

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 09:36 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vagaryatwill

Yeah, Signs was great, as well as his other movies. I like looking back at his movies into all the symbolism that he uses; the colors, the water, the children. It's all pretty cool and fun to see how each film has similar uses of symbolism.

I heard recently that a documentary on Shyamalan is coming out in the next few months; on Sci-Fi I think. That should definitely be interesting.

I can't wait for his new movie coming out this summer. Does anyone have a good idea of what this story line's going to be or what kind of twist may be used at the end?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 10:24 PM
vagaryatwill is currently offline Click here to Send vagaryatwill a Private Message Find more posts by vagaryatwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yah... it was somewhat shocking that you actually saw the alien..but well..atleast he made all the little quirks each character had work well to defeat it. and how showed the alien in the first place..from the tv and how you saw it change its appearence through camoflauge.

Mook, from what you said..it was preety easy to misinturpet.

and Vag.... well how bout you just go to the movies and find out what the twist is..hehe.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 10:45 PM
MythBlazer

at first i didn't like signs at all but eventually i caught on.
The VIllage will be good

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 11:08 PM
MythBlazer is currently offline Click here to Send MythBlazer a Private Message Find more posts by MythBlazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love this movie

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 11:59 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by vagaryatwill
Yeah, Signs was great, as well as his other movies. I like looking back at his movies into all the symbolism that he uses; the colors, the water, the children. It's all pretty cool and fun to see how each film has similar uses of symbolism.

I heard recently that a documentary on Shyamalan is coming out in the next few months; on Sci-Fi I think. That should definitely be interesting.

I can't wait for his new movie coming out this summer. Does anyone have a good idea of what this story line's going to be or what kind of twist may be used at the end?

There's a thread about it. Please discuss it there.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 06:49 PM
greyboy

I enjoyed signs as well....specifically his use of water again.....he's a clever director....I like when they stick to themes...

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 07:03 PM
greyboy is currently offline Click here to Send greyboy a Private Message Find more posts by greyboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vagaryatwill

quote:
[i]and Vag.... well how bout you just go to the movies and find out what the twist is..hehe. [/B]

Because I'm not that patient....!! smile

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 09:55 PM
vagaryatwill is currently offline Click here to Send vagaryatwill a Private Message Find more posts by vagaryatwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

i liked signs, it was a movie that made you think, kinda like Double Take

There are no coincidences *runs off* evil face

Made by the awesome transforming Hegemon
Don't mess with The Force, because I ownz you. -The Force

Crazy Christian all over your candy arse.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 10:46 PM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote