KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » M. Night Shyamalan [merged]

M. Night Shyamalan [merged]
Started by: 113

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
scott hiwersh

awesome... will it be online anytime before that?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 10:29 PM
scott hiwersh is currently offline Find more posts by scott hiwersh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by greyboy
no no....sorry, i meant the color themes....i saw the movie, but at that point wasn't really straining to see any depth to movies....i dont remember red being a strong focus there tho...

both Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson have their signature colours - one is green, one is purple - look at their clothes - links to superhero idea - every superhero has 'their' colour.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 10:05 AM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
greyboy

Ahhhhh....I see what you're saying.....but i wonder what they mean....and if they even mean anything to Shyamalan, ya kno? most directors have personal reasons for the intricacies of their directing....

Tim Burton...nuff sad....lol

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 03:47 PM
greyboy is currently offline Click here to Send greyboy a Private Message Find more posts by greyboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scott hiwersh

Bump to see if anyone had seen the new trailer for the villlage... There was a newer one released last night, on a Shyamalan special on abc. I know it must be up online now.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 02:02 PM
scott hiwersh is currently offline Find more posts by scott hiwersh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

I thought the trailer was very good. This is definitely going to be another Shyamalan hit. I found the trailer on Comingsoon... here's the link:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/v/village.php

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 02:31 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

quote:
Originally posted by quantass
It's revealed that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the creatures are really just human beings of "modern day" (2004 era) coming to the village, while the people of the "Village" are the ones stuck in their old fashioned 19th century fabrication made up by the John Hurst character of the film ... It's a flick about People afraid of change ... beyond the forest is modern society of today. John Hurst's character is the one who kills the animals and puts blood on the doors (as seen in the trailer) so that the people of the village believe that creatures really exist when in fact they dont. From the last revision of the script.

Happy Dance Hope this helps Happy Dance

I had heard that supposed spoiler as well, but from what I've heard it's not true.

This is the real spoiler

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: joaquin phoenix is an alien superhero who sees dead people, oh yeah, and he's a woman. It's basically a combination of all his other movies and the crying game.

you may doubt me, but we'll just have to wait for the movie to see laughing

Old Post May 7th, 2004 03:59 PM
FlappingMangera is currently offline Click here to Send FlappingMangera a Private Message Find more posts by FlappingMangera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scott hiwersh

Pretty funny... but in all seriousness, I think this will kick some serious ass. I can't imagine the script was leaked that easily, it has to be BS....

Old Post May 10th, 2004 09:55 PM
greyboy

that is pretty interesting that the script got "leaked", i cant imagine that its that simple to do...but who knows. i hope to see more trailers or something soon....i need to start dissecting this one as much as I can...shyamalan can pack a whole lot into his flicks....

Old Post May 13th, 2004 06:13 PM
greyboy is currently offline Click here to Send greyboy a Private Message Find more posts by greyboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyond Image
RE SOCK the UNITY

since were specking about his movies; did any one understand
UN-BREAKABLE. i just watched it for the first time and i liked it a way lot more then my time in the theater.

Old Post May 14th, 2004 06:10 AM
Beyond Image is currently offline Click here to Send Beyond Image a Private Message Find more posts by Beyond Image Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scott hiwersh

Unbreakable is great. All of Shyamalan's thrillers are great. I think you just have to get a feel for the style of film he creates. I have really grown to respect his films, which is one of the main reasons I am excited for The Village...

Old Post May 14th, 2004 08:49 PM
IluvTheodorC
Mrs.Osment

I ono bout all of u ppls but I lUV THE SIXTH SENSE!!!and haley joel Osent!!!Hes soo HOT!

Old Post May 16th, 2004 06:56 PM
IluvTheodorC is currently offline Click here to Send IluvTheodorC a Private Message Find more posts by IluvTheodorC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
greyboy

quote:
Originally posted by Clark_Kent
since were specking about his movies; did any one understand
UN-BREAKABLE. i just watched it for the first time and i liked it a way lot more then my time in the theater.

unbreakable is my fav of his, and def didnt appreciate it till I viewed it outside of the theater.....so amazing. great concept too, just maybe a bit before its time. i dunno....def one of my favs.

Old Post May 17th, 2004 09:51 PM
scott hiwersh

quote:
Originally posted by greyboy
unbreakable is my fav of his, and def didnt appreciate it till I viewed it outside of the theater.....so amazing. great concept too, just maybe a bit before its time. i dunno....def one of my favs.

Is it true that it was supposed to be part of a trilogy? That would be interesting... I over heard some people talking about it and it made me wonder how it would be expanded upon. Regardless though, The Village is going to rock, and I hope Shyamalan continues to bring on new films... his have been some of my favorites.

Old Post May 18th, 2004 08:59 PM
greyboy

it is true about the trilogy, i just found that out recently as well. apparently shyamalan was disappointed with the response he got from the audience during the release of Unbreakable, that he decided against it altogether. and thats really too bad if you think about it, samual L and Bruce Willis could've done some really cool stuff together if you think about it.

Old Post May 21st, 2004 07:20 PM
scott hiwersh

That would have been unbelievable. Oh, maybe it will happen at some point... Do you know if there has been any additional VIllage stuff released lately? There were those 2 trailers a couple of weeks ago, but nothing sense, at least that I know about...

Old Post May 21st, 2004 07:45 PM
scott hiwersh

Old Post May 24th, 2004 06:35 PM
FLW

Shyamalan Doc

The Sci Fi Channel is airing a "documentary" on "The Sixth Sense" and "Signs" director M. Night Shyamalan titled, "Portrait Of A Filmmaker: M. Night Shyamalan". Episodes will air simultaneous to the release of Shyamalan's new feature "The Village" this coming summer.

Nathanial Kahn ("My Architect") directed the series and is credited with writing as well, though the project was actually written and executive produced by Shyamalan himself!

The "documentary" is a FICTIONAL piece in the spirit of "The Blair Witch Project" that emulates the suspense/thriller aspects of "The Village". It will be presented as a factual documentary highlighting the making of "The Village", as well as the achievements and background of its subject, M. Night Shyamalan.

Old Post May 26th, 2004 07:00 AM
FLW is currently offline Click here to Send FLW a Private Message Find more posts by FLW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scott hiwersh

I just saw tha you can watch the long trailer, the 7 minute one, on JoBlo... I don't know how they got it up, but it is up...

Old Post May 28th, 2004 06:37 PM