KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » The Terminator Versus Thread

Who will win the tournament...
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Predators 16 94.12%
Aliens 1 5.88%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Terminator Versus Thread
Started by: scifigunslinger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
moviebuff

rages just tell us what do u like?we will all just talk about that.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2003 06:07 AM
moviebuff is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

i dont want him 2 like it. i just want him to bash it out like that. it makes me sad, i know it shouldn't but it does, please show a bit more respect, try 2 give it a chance when the dvd comes. i mean u can say u dont like it and it lacked in a things but no like: THE WORST MOVIE OF 2003. i mean,c'mon man have some peace here

Old Post Aug 17th, 2003 08:19 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieluigi

1. Terminator 1
2. Terminator 2
3. Terminator 3

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 06:51 AM
zombieluigi is currently offline Click here to Send zombieluigi a Private Message Find more posts by zombieluigi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieluigi

Terminator 1 seemed have an atmosphere that the rest didn't have. T2 and T3 had plenty of action mixed with some moments that would make you laugh. Also make-up details were different and computer effects were used. Terminator 1 had something the others didn't. Terminator 1 was a very dark film which seemed to make more sense in certain areas. For example, in Terminator 2 and 3 Arnold always seemed to wear the sunglasses, however he would only wear them sense they were his trademark look for a terminator. Terminator 1 was what ofcourse started it all, but in T1 he didn't wear them because he felt like it or because he looked "cool", but because he was trying to hide his ugly gash which destroyed his Human-eye and revealed his Cyborg-eye and so he used the sunglasses so he wouldn't blow his human appearance. This look seemed to work well for him so they continued to use it in the following movies, but realistically a terminator would care less about how he looks and would simply think about getting it's job done without revealing itself i.e. killing or protecting John Connor. Also, the terminator was mostly silent and said very little dialogue in Terminator 1 which made him more intimidating. He definitely wasn't the social type and didn't show any facial enthusiasm and always managed to keep a straight face. These are simply my opinions about the trilogy.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 07:14 AM
zombieluigi is currently offline Click here to Send zombieluigi a Private Message Find more posts by zombieluigi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

terminator 1 is an awesome movie. maybe even the best considering it was 20 yearz ago. arnold was so scary in that 1.arnold still scares me even if i watch it today( not scary but u no more like, cant put it into words) and kyle reese was cool. but didn't like sarah in that film. but in t2, she was the best. she was the coolest! the best female character EVER!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 10:52 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah T3 had the highest movie budget to date, and i have to stop and ask often, what did they do with the money. half of T2 had better action and effects than all of T3 and had only half the budget T3 had

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 04:35 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

i think most of it went for arnies pay cheque and the other half was for the crane scene. What ever left was payed to the other actors?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 05:25 PM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

ya i know. 175 million? when i saw t2 and saw it took them 100 million i was like WOW, and when i saw t3 and 175 million i was like WTF?besides how on earth did mostow get that kind of budget?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 06:13 PM
Eat My Ass

T1 all the way baby. Sooooooooooooo much ****ing better than the others. HARDCORE TERMINATOR WOOHOO!
Then a tie between T2 and T3, i liked the ending to T3 much much much better. I thought T2 ending sucked ass, and everytime i watch that movie i end up daydreaming about something else, that's how freakin boring it can get.

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 06:36 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Buzz

T1000 Vs Terminatrix

I personaly like the T-X because she is SUPER HOT and she is a pretty cool terminator as well the T-1000 is cool as well for me this is a hard dession can anyone helpme out

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 10:22 AM
Buzz is currently offline Click here to Send Buzz a Private Message Find more posts by Buzz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

this was discussed many times ina the last few months however i can see that you have just joined us so welcome. I think most of us had agreed the T1000 is far better.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 11:29 AM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviebuff

welcome buzz to our killermovies forum. i think that as a machine t-x is better and as an actor T 1000 was better.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 01:17 PM
moviebuff is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bad banana

Is this supposed to be which one is more physically appealing, which is a more efficient killing machine, or what? As for sensuality I would hope you would choose the T-X, but as for efficiency the T1000 advanced prototype would probably win. The T-X had its weakness in that it had a defined metal body. The T1000 was simply liquid metal that could always regenerate, even after being frozen with liquid nitrogen and shattered to pieces. How do you shoot something that takes no damage to its frame unless it's some sort of explosive device?

And I don't think acting was really a part of the question, but I'm not sure.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 08:54 PM
bad banana is currently offline Click here to Send bad banana a Private Message Find more posts by bad banana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Buzz

I presonaly think the T-X better

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 10:24 PM
Buzz is currently offline Click here to Send Buzz a Private Message Find more posts by Buzz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Yeah the TX would kick the T-1000's ass because it's more advanced and it's made it has a liquid metal covering an a metal endoskeleton. The T-1000 could only make sharp weapons like knives axes, machetes etc... And the T-X can make flamethrowes and plasma guns as seen in the movie. You guys just say the T-1000 because you like T2 better than T3.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 10:38 PM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Buzz

thats right if you guys liked T3 you would say that the T-X is better

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 10:39 PM
bad banana

How about we use examples from movies instead of speculating affiliation associated with preference of film:

T-1000: At the end of T2 during the helicopter chase scene, the T-800 suddenly applies the brakes to the truck as the helicopter with T-1000 in it crashed into it, causing it to crumple, crash, and eventually explode.

T-X: At the end of T3, the T-800 makes his own dramatic entrance with a helicopter diving into the fall-out shelter, which consequently crashed into the T-X.

The result: The T-1000 promptly emerged from the scene unscathed and wasted no time to move on and find a new vehicle. The T-X lost her lower half of the body, thanks to her metal chasis. Ultimately its mobility and efficiency were severely hampered and that's basically how it failed. With the T-800 grabbing onto its tail it became useless. Imagine the T-800 grabbing the T-1000 -- what could you grab?? It would just shapeshift and slip away, being that it has no body.

Now, I do agree the T-X is radically advanced in that it is able to form complex machinery and moving parts involving chemicals, something the T-1000 is not capable of. In that regards I believe the T-X would make a more efficient terminator for humans; all it'd have to do is change its primary weapon into some sort of mass terminating projectile.

However, we were talking about head to head here, and I'd believe the T-1000 has the edge.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 11:59 PM
bad banana is currently offline Click here to Send bad banana a Private Message Find more posts by bad banana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Not the edge man, probably a tie but definetely not the edge.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 02:22 AM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

T2 had suspense, it built up to the action which made the action all that more intense

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 03:36 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

terminator 2 RULES. i loved the t3 ending though. it was so classy

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 03:51 AM