KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » The Terminator Versus Thread

Who will win the tournament...
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Predators 16 94.12%
Aliens 1 5.88%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Terminator Versus Thread
Started by: scifigunslinger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
alic88
Barzakh

o k herez how it goes. everytime u shoot the t1000 it stops a bit, so when the tx will hit her rocket or whatever it is, it will stop the t1000 for sometime, say 15 seconds. during that time the tx will take her finger out and corrupt t1000's systems. its easy as that. but t1000 is far better when it comes 2 spy missions.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 04:49 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Well yeah but not when it comes to combat.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 07:51 AM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

definatly the t1000 wins it kicks ass. just to repeat bad banana's explanation i totally agree the tx's solid metal endoskeleton is its weakness compared to the t1000's liquid polymer frame. In T2 when arnie is fighting in the smelting plant arnie tries to punch the t1000 in the face, it immediatly morphs where its face was now its both its hands holding arnie's fist and his body shifts to the side. That is already a more advance mechanism, the tx has the liquid polymer outer covering however it is only for morphing as a disguse on the outside, to pass of for someone else. i will explain it like this, if you take a mamal and break its back the mammal will die right, goes for elephants dogs man etc...i mean if u really break it into 2. Whereas if u take a starfish and break its into 2 ...each grows into 2 diffrent starfish. It adapts and quite advancely compared to to a mammal in that aspect. So the TX how ever cool had the weakness of its solid skeleton. T1000 did not, also i have read that scientist are now working on smart metals that can repair itself in an sense like the t1000/tx, imagine having a ding on ur car and it repairs itself! Cool huh. Oh tx had its on board weapons, which is the only plus point really. But a laser cannon that got damaged...and a flame thrower. T1000 could have stole a flame thrower and used it anyways. So definatly t1000 is better.
however this is just my opinon smile

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 10:21 AM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

i hated the ending of t3 in the sense of, remeber when arnie jumps out of the chopper and slides to prevent the wall from closing, arnie is like in so much stress telling them we meet again ..now goo..and he is like out of breath as if he is human, but he is not, why did they not redo that scene, he is a machine, his voice does not have to alter as if he is suffering holding up the wall..know what i mean, u see that in t1 arnie acts perfectly as a cyborg. They keep making arnie more human he is a machine reprogrammed make him act like it accordingly!!! oh and remeber the tx as arnie shoved the cells into her mouth in t3 and her eyes are all scared like, christ i was like wtf is that!! is she a scared lil doggy now!!that was so cartoonish to me.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 10:53 AM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

no i m talkin bout the ending after that ending. the 1 in which says: WHOZ INCHARGE, I AM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 02:20 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

i was disappointed how tx died. the way she was screaming made it look more like an alien than a machine

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 02:21 PM
skule
blissfully ignorant

her expression was very cartoonish, shes a machine...no need for wide eyed expressions like that.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 02:39 PM
Ambarturion

T-1000, both as an infiltrator and in combat with the T-X ( which in my eyes isnt more advanced than a T-1000, it is a regular Terminator with some exotic new features borrowed from the T-1000 prototype)

The onboard weapons on the T-X are interesting but not decisive against another Teminator. Apart from the plasma cannon most of them are pretty conventional and would be of no use against a T-1000. (even the plasma cannon is of questionable use. It`d burn a little hole straight through a t-1000.. then what? it heals, thats what)
While I`m on the subject, where would the fuel for a flamethrower like that be kept? there`s no way you could store gallons of fuel in a little frame like that. Its a little too Inspector Gadget for me.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 08:59 PM
Ambarturion is currently offline Click here to Send Ambarturion a Private Message Find more posts by Ambarturion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

i agree. but thats not kristannaz fault. stan winston got a bit 2 over

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 09:19 PM
alic88
Barzakh

but hez a genius, lets not forget that

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 09:20 PM
alic88
Barzakh

did u c my explanation. dont u agree that when u shoot the t1000 it stops a bit, therez also a hole.so with the tx shooting its rocket thing it will stop for atleast 10-15 seconds for healing. while that time tx will use her finger and corrupt t1000s systems

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 09:24 PM
bad banana

As usual I agree with Ambarturion. Note that the T-X does have a plasma-rocket thing, but it takes a while to load. The change in weaponry isn't instantaneous.

Have you seen how fast the T-1000 runs? I don't suppose he's just going to stand there and let the T-X load up its artillery. And in reference to a flamethrower, you've seen in T2 what fire does to the T-1000: absolutely nothing. It doesn't really even damage the T-800 if you refer to the first film. All it does is burn off its flesh.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 11:11 PM
bad banana is currently offline Click here to Send bad banana a Private Message Find more posts by bad banana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

i m talkin bout the tx rocket thing, the primary weapon. the weapon it used in the begining 2 knock the t-850 off. did u c how far he backed up. as for t1000, it will back 2 some extent. giving tx the chance

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 01:12 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If that plasma gun IS a plasma gun it would very likely kill the T-1000, as it would be hotter than the molten stuff that actually killed it in the second film.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 01:55 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

Ok its been a couple of weeks since my last post here but I think I got to put my 2 cense in here (even though there is another thread that I started about this somewhere)

Ok the first thing we got to remember is the Tx is a T-900 it is less advanced then the T-1000 and we also got to remember that the T-1000’s powers where toned down in T2 to give Arnold a chance to kill it. By toned down I mean that the T-1000 could just make itself into a pool of liquid and move extreme fast throw any hole down any pipe then It could simply go under its victim and shot up throw the person with its metal stabbing weapons.

Ok so what could the Tx do to stop the T-1000 from using these tactics….not much. Basically as liquid the t-1000 is virtually indestructibly (unless it accidentally fell into milting liquid metal it is fine)

Sooo about the Tx corrupting the T-1000 systems I don’t think that would work at all (or not for long) I mean the T-800 was able to fight the corruption and it is far less advanced then the T-1000. Another thing we got to remember is that all models before the T-1000 had a nerle net processor The T-1000 doesn’t have a central computer like the earlier models so can the Tx even corrupt it??

Hmmmm Ushgarak I never thought about that what if it really is plasma gun then it easily melts the T-1000…..but this wouldn’t stop a T-1000 ether. The reason the T-1000 was destroyed in the Molten metal is because it was a pool of molten metal. The stuff was so hot that it melted the T-1000 into its liquid form and it could not pole itself back together again. What we see at the end of T2 is the T-1000 trying to hold itself together, if it gets broken down into pieces that are to small then it cant function. (We know that It would have a problem working without all its parts became it ran after the car in T2 to get a small piece of itself back) So the only true way to kill a T-1000 is to break it down into small pieces and separate them. A plasma gun could milt it back into a liquid state but it would not separate the pieces it could just reform when it cools down.

See T-1000 way better…..and don’t give me that crape that I like the T-1000 more just because I didn’t like T3. I am a true Terminator fan (and Arnold fan) that likes T3. (just not as much as T2 or T1)

Hop you guys can understand all this I think I got most of the SP errors
smile

Last edited by JRatT12 on Aug 25th, 2003 at 03:01 AM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 02:55 AM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

hey jrat, i agree to everything u have said except u saying that tx is a t900. where did u get that from. t900 is something v will c in the t3game. tx has nothin 2 do with it.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 03:22 AM
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Now that I see everyone's point I can tell it would be a savage fight but the T-1000 takes a bit of time to turn into liquid. Remember the scene where him and Arnie are fighting in the mall, Arnold slams the T-1000 into walls and shit. If the T-1000 and TX were to fight like that the TX could corrupt it's system silently. And I doubt that they would ever fight each other since they both are from Skynet.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 04:36 AM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Buzz

The T-1000 would eventually win but it would take quite a while to kill the Terminatrix. One more thing How the hell dose the T-1000 work?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 06:31 AM
Buzz is currently offline Click here to Send Buzz a Private Message Find more posts by Buzz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

i dont think u can explain how the t1000 works with current day physics and mechanics, its all fantasy (unlike star trek which uses current therotical examples of physics for its technology in the movie)
i do know or have read on scientist researching smart metals that are able to change its shape etc to its original form once its shape has been altered, how ever that is a far cry from having a cybernatic machine processing complex programs to carry out complicated tasks (such as termination etc) and also being to change its appereance to clone a human physic in 2 seconds! Unless there is some real true scientific explanation out there i could be wrong but i never came across it myself.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 11:56 AM
skule
blissfully ignorant

hehe for me i can never blanme kristanna eh ....mmmmmmmmmmm

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 12:17 PM