KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman power limits?

Superman power limits?
Started by: SuperDarryl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SuperDarryl

quote:
Originally posted by wolverine8888
wait superman brobly coudl survive the sun cuz dident in new x-men wolverine went in to the sun and lived

That was an incredibly stupid statement. Wolverine can not withstand super, hot, solar fusion from the sun. I think that the other post about Jean grey having everything to doing with Wolverine being reconstructed from a molecular level is the only reason he woud be still around. Superman on the other hand I believe is able to fly into the sun, meditate for a while then fly out with no problems feeling energized. eek!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 12:00 AM
SuperDarryl is currently offline Click here to Send SuperDarryl a Private Message Find more posts by SuperDarryl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kal-el
kryptonian slag

I went into the sun the other day.Took the family, we had a barecue, a few beers. It was nice

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 12:00 AM
kal-el is currently offline Click here to Send kal-el a Private Message Find more posts by kal-el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperDarryl

Ludacrious

quote:
Originally posted by kal-el
I went into the sun the other day.Took the family, we had a barecue, a few beers. It was nice

What kind of sun screen did you bring!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 12:03 AM
SuperDarryl is currently offline Click here to Send SuperDarryl a Private Message Find more posts by SuperDarryl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

it better of been better then 15 or ur goign to be quite burnt

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 12:04 AM
wolverine8888 is currently offline Click here to Send wolverine8888 a Private Message Find more posts by wolverine8888 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kal-el
kryptonian slag

Re: Ludacrious

quote:
Originally posted by SuperDarryl
What kind of sun screen did you bring!

Oh.....it was that new one........erm..............oh yeah Nivea - factor 1000,000 for my girl but I'm a tough man!I used 100,000

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 12:06 AM
kal-el is currently offline Click here to Send kal-el a Private Message Find more posts by kal-el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol was ur ride there a shitty old rocket or those sweet new ones

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 12:08 AM
wolverine8888 is currently offline Click here to Send wolverine8888 a Private Message Find more posts by wolverine8888 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kal-el
kryptonian slag

Some old banger- second hand. only £1000000000000. Of Course I'll be paying £20 per month for 42,000 years so it was a good deal.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 12:11 AM
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

dam u lucky bastered. did u stop at the mall on the moon on the way there

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 12:13 AM
SuperDarryl

Thinking about Wolverine flying toward the sun is pretty funny to picture in my mind. Wolverine would get vaoprized before he got past Venus...hah

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 12:15 AM
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

it already happened and he survived dotn ask me how thou they found his skeleton and he rehealed him self in the new x-men

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 12:20 AM
SuperNova
Restricted

Account Restricted

HIS SKELETON, survived it, And jean grey reanimated him from his admantium, Damnit, didnt you read the "All knowing" Never's post... *cough* sarcasim *cough*
As for the extent of superman's power...
DC CHARACTER BUILDING STUDIO.
2:30 AM.
"Dude... We have to make this new hero by 8 or were gonna get axed..." Some guy.
"I know I KNOW but making a hero is hard!" Some guy 2
"Yea, well, were gonna have to think, or were fired... How about a fast runner?" Some guy 3.
"No, theres the flash" Some guy 2
"Yup" some guy 1
"Dangit..." Some guy 3
"Well..."
"Since were gonna get fired... lets PULL OUT DA BEER!" Some guy 1
After drinking, LOTS, 5:30 am.
"OK OK OK... U MAKE DUHHHH COSTUME..." Some guy 1
"Yup! We make him... dis... He get super strong! And... We give him all this crap... Laser eyes... And see through eyes... Make him so cheap ass that... Even hulk cant beat him!" Some guy 3
"Thats marvel! Bizzzzaaaaatttchhh!" Some guy 2
"Sooooo?" Some guy 3

My point being, Is, Superman was just some hero, that was thought up in like 5 minutes by a group of stupid japanese drunks. "Lets make flashy lights, and bright colors that give people seuizures come out of his eyes!"
Hes the cheapest hero in the books, and they thought him up in like 10 minutes before a board meeting. So, I wouldnt be surprises if he could walk in the sun and have sex with the burning hot gas itself.

(Made by Godshinto)
CARNAGE! YOU WILL PAY FOR EVERY DROP OF INNOCENT BLOOD, WITH A GALLON OF YOUR OWN!--Venom.
BUT I NEED TACOS! I NEED TACOS OR I WILL EXPLODE!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 12:49 AM
SuperNova is currently offline Click here to Send SuperNova a Private Message Find more posts by SuperNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

I already stated I wasent sure I never read tat comic I saw in a preview lol

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 12:52 AM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
HIS SKELETON, survived it, And jean grey reanimated him from his admantium, Damnit, didnt you read the "All knowing" Never's post... *cough* sarcasim *cough*

Wrong, idiot.

He was never DEAD so she could not "reanimate him." He looked like he was going through "explosive decompression."

Phoenix: "Did your eyes grow back yet?"

Logan: "I dunno. What am I supposed to be lookin' at? Jeannie? What did you just do? I was on fire..." <----- ON FIRE. Did not melt and certainly was not DEAD.

Phoenix: "...total telekinetic control of matter at the molecular level."

Did I not mention that when I said:

quote:
Jean Grey is still experimenting with the Phoenix Force on a molecular level.

But I would not know this if I "don't even have any comic books," now would I?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 01:09 AM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Isn't the sun the source of Superman's powers? And he lived in it durring DC 1000000, so evidently it doesn't hurt him. Which begs the question ... if he needs air to survive, how could he have lived in the sun?

Incidently, maybe people should just stop replying to wolverine888? I don't want to be inhospitable, but I'm getting sick of him turning every other thread into a discussion of Wolverine's alleged invulnerability.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 01:46 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

gregory first off in thsi thread I dident start it some one was bad melthing wolverine so I answered. also superman needs air to live also when has he ever lived in the sun

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 02:09 AM
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

neevr I read ur comment and u ahve proof and every thing. That was a perfect comment

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 02:14 AM
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

never I ment

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 02:14 AM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
Originally posted by Gregory
Isn't the sun the source of Superman's powers? And he lived in it durring DC 1000000, so evidently it doesn't hurt him. Which begs the question ... if he needs air to survive, how could he have lived in the sun?

Superman or Superman Prime...? I know Superman Prime "hibernated" in the sun for a good LONG while - Superman did it also in DC 1,000,000?

Think it was Superman Prime only, who...argh, does not exist in current DC continuity...

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 02:28 AM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote:
Originally posted by Wynndar
i dont want to apply real life physics to a comic book...however, heat is not the most powerful characteristic of the Sun, Gravity is, the sun has enough gravity to hold all of our planets in orbit...that means that someone flying through would be exposing themselves to some unbelievable forces...if Superman were strong enough to fly through the gravitational fields present at the center of the sun (much more impressive than taking a punch from doomsday) he would also be able to easily bench press the planet earth....if this is the case he is just too powerful to be interesting...and i dont think getting punched by doomsday would have been enough to kill him either...

wynndar, i just wanted to say that i appreciated your post. although physics is seldom applied in comic books, i believe they should really put a standard in including it so we could have a lot more variables to measure the abilities of the comic book characters.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 02:35 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SuperNova
[B]HIS SKELETON, survived it, And jean grey reanimated him from his admantium, Damnit, didnt you read the "All knowing" Never's post... *cough* sarcasim *cough*
As for the extent of superman's power...
DC CHARACTER BUILDING STUDIO.
2:30 AM.
"Dude... We have to make this new hero by 8 or were gonna get axed..." Some guy.
"I know I KNOW but making a hero is hard!" Some guy 2
"Yea, well, were gonna have to think, or were fired... How about a fast runner?" Some guy 3.
"No, theres the flash" Some guy 2
"Yup" some guy 1
"Dangit..." Some guy 3
"Well..."
"Since were gonna get fired... lets PULL OUT DA BEER!" Some guy 1
After drinking, LOTS, 5:30 am.
"OK OK OK... U MAKE DUHHHH COSTUME..." Some guy 1
"Yup! We make him... dis... He get super strong! And... We give him all this crap... Laser eyes... And see through eyes... Make him so cheap ass that... Even hulk cant beat him!" Some guy 3
"Thats marvel! Bizzzzaaaaatttchhh!" Some guy 2
"Sooooo?" Some guy 3

This is the funniest thing ive ever seen...but i agree laughing

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 03:05 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote