KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Neo is not supposed to be like Jesus?

Neo is not supposed to be like Jesus?
Started by: lordnikon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

He also 'embodies the same likeness' as Buddha...or Gandhi(sp?), or Muhammed, or...what's your point?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 10:46 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

I think that he was supposed to be like Jesus, but the Bros I think tried not only to in someways illustrate the origins of Christianity (Judaism, Greek mythology) but also not to put Christianity above all other religions.

"Always remember...your focus determines your reality."

May whatever God you believe in...have mercy on your RSIs. May the source be with you.

To know the truth, you must risk everything.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 02:29 PM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

if he was supposed to be like Jesus, then that automatically places Christianity above other religions. Either one or the other. Either he is just similar to Jesus in the same way that he is similar to Buddha or Muhammed, or they are saying Christianity is more important.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 08:24 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

jedi! eek!

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 08:43 PM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
if he was supposed to be like Jesus, then that automatically places Christianity above other religions. Either one or the other. Either he is just similar to Jesus in the same way that he is similar to Buddha or Muhammed, or they are saying Christianity is more important.

But depending on what religious teaching you follow or are sympathic to, will determine which religion you identify in the trilogy more or first.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 09:30 AM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Numo> It’s true, that if you’re narrow-minded and has never studied other religions, you may see ONLY the Buddhist, Islam, Christian, Jewish, Greek, Hindi connection in the movies.
But what about all us atheists? What do you think WE see in the movies?
We get stuff like: The Architect is the Creator of the “world”, a white bearded man in white even! big grin He has a PLAN he follows, and he manipulates his creations to full-fill this plan. Should such an omnipotent being exist that pulls invisible strings its our “duty” as free-willed free-thinking beings to break free of these bonds.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 07:55 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

I Do still think that he was intended to be more like Jesus, as opposed to any other Saviour, saint, or whatever they may be...the "coincidences" are to blatantly obvious to deny this..........

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 12:27 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
Numo> It’s true, that if you’re narrow-minded and has never studied other religions, you may see ONLY the Buddhist, Islam, Christian, Jewish, Greek, Hindi connection in the movies.
But what about all us atheists? What do you think WE see in the movies?
We get stuff like: The Architect is the Creator of the “world”, a white bearded man in white even! big grin He has a PLAN he follows, and he manipulates his creations to full-fill this plan. Should such an omnipotent being exist that pulls invisible strings its our “duty” as free-willed free-thinking beings to break free of these bonds.

It is true that the Creator must be all things to all people, Buddha to the Buddhists, Allah to the Muslims, even non-existent to the atheists.

Even though the Architect existed, how many people in the matrix apart from Neo and the Oracle KNEW of his existence.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 03:29 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

((The Anomaly))> if you aren't going to listen to our reasoning, then why start the thread?

Omega said it right when she said It’s true, that if you’re narrow-minded and has never studied other religions, you may see ONLY the Buddhist, Islam, Christian, Jewish, Greek, Hindi connection in the movies. If you are only looking for the Christian aspects, then you only see the Christian aspects, and you think Neo is Jesus. But he is not. The Bros. are not christian, and even if they were, they are trying to give a bigger picture than just Jesus of Christianity.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 05:38 PM
sum1butno1
Transient being

What are the Wachowskis, anyways? Atheists?

There was another religion I heard people thought they might be... don't remember what it was called... had something to do with using elements of all the major religions or something. Anyone know?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 04:41 AM
sum1butno1 is currently offline Click here to Send sum1butno1 a Private Message Find more posts by sum1butno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

quote:
Originally posted by sum1butno1
What are the Wachowskis, anyways? Atheists?

There was another religion I heard people thought they might be... don't remember what it was called... had something to do with using elements of all the major religions or something. Anyone know?

I think Ba'hai.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 11:49 AM
rpointdreams

I suddenly wondered why the defence of Zion (Neo, Morpheus, Trinity etc.) are all dressed in black (leather) once they are plugged in the matrix.
Is that also a reference to something religious?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 07:57 PM
rpointdreams is currently offline Click here to Send rpointdreams a Private Message Find more posts by rpointdreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rpointdreams

Forgot one (maybe important) thing.
Niobe is, as far as I can see, the only one dressed in red leather instead of black.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 07:59 PM
rpointdreams is currently offline Click here to Send rpointdreams a Private Message Find more posts by rpointdreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

There's already a post just like this. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f42/t291102.html

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 08:19 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

actually...technically, this one was first...but we won't go technically...

i think it is just a personal preference, a way to stand apart from the crowd...besides, they are the only ones that can get away with it, seeing as how leather can't chafe what isn't real...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 08:45 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

i do listen to ur reasoning..however....i do agree that he is not "jesus" and that there other religious references to Neo, however..i think that he is predominately more like jesus then any others...thats just me though

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 09:39 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sum1butno1
Transient being

quote:
Originally posted by Numo
I think Ba'hai.

I don't think I've ever heard of that religion. What is it?

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 02:27 AM
sum1butno1 is currently offline Click here to Send sum1butno1 a Private Message Find more posts by sum1butno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordnikon

Did you know that Nebuchadnezzar was the asiro-babylonian king that FREED the hebreu people .... this is maybe the purpose of the hovercraft's name ... to free them ....

Also Seraph ... seraphims are the highest kind of angels (besides archangels) .. holly protectors: "I guard that which matters most"

I am more interested however in the history of the Merovingian ... I couldn't find much on the internet ...

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 07:23 PM
lordnikon is currently offline Click here to Send lordnikon a Private Message Find more posts by lordnikon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rpointdreams

Update to the above (if Lordnikon doesn't mind wink)
Nebuchadnezzar was the king of Babylon.
Morpheus was/is the God of dreams. I think that has something to do with the following line of Morpheus when the Nebuchadnezzar is blown apart.
"I had a dream, but now that dream is gone for me"

Well, very likely there's also a connection there (between the God of Dreams and the King of Babylon).

P.S
Thnx for the answer on my Blach leather question.

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 02:59 PM
rpointdreams

I've done some thinking (wow!!)
If Morpheus is the king of dreams and the Nebuchadnezzar is the king of Babylon then it makes sence that Morpheus said that.

in theory:
The god of dreams (Morpheus) gives Nebuchadnezzar (king of Babylon) the "assignment" to free the people of hebreu (or else: the God of dreams "uses" the king of babylon to free these people), when Morpheus is witnessing the destruction (or the death) of Nebuchadnezzar (king of Babylon) he realises that he is run out of options to free the people of hebreu and with that his "dream" is gone.

The people of hebreu are from this point of view the people of Zion.
Zion is the hill where God has gathered the "believers" in Revelations chapter 14.
"Then I looked, and lo, on Mount Zion stood the Lamb, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads."

If anyone is interested in the book of revelations just send me an email [email protected].

Well, thats all for now.

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 05:13 PM