KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Neo is not supposed to be like Jesus?

Neo is not supposed to be like Jesus?
Started by: lordnikon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TPS
TheProgramSmith

The is also the most obvious reference to religion in the third film.

When Neo is in the heart of machine city, he gets jacked in. Notice he looks a lot like Christ when Christ was crucified. Arms spred out, etc. Not only that, but he sacrafices himself to save the rest.

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 10:18 PM
TPS is currently offline Click here to Send TPS a Private Message Find more posts by TPS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

indeed

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post May 4th, 2004 01:14 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Do not forget that King Nebuchadnezzar was given a dream that no man could interpret, but Daniel. Daniel recieved a vision from God, which was the dream given to the King. Nebuchadnezzar also 'saw the writing on the wall'. And yes, he allowed the 'chosen people' to be freed.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post May 4th, 2004 05:32 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

I heard that Neo is suppose to be jusus.........if you have said this above dont blaim me i havnt read it.

Old Post May 4th, 2004 09:13 AM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

well...the merovingians were a highly powerful and wealthy family in france in like the 14th century i believe...sumthin like that...anyways they founded paris (i beilive thsi is y he's french...)
um...theres a religious meaning too..sumthin to do directly w/God and them...but i forgot exactly what it is

Old Post May 4th, 2004 01:44 PM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

as was said before, the Merovingians said they were direct descendants of Jesus and Mary Magdalene...and Neo is not supposed to be like Jesus, although there are similarities, there are also vast differences and we have discussed this before.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post May 4th, 2004 06:45 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordnikon

Neo being the Christ and Smith the Antichrist right ...? This can also be interpreted ....

Old Post May 4th, 2004 09:08 PM
lordnikon is currently offline Click here to Send lordnikon a Private Message Find more posts by lordnikon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TPS
TheProgramSmith

Well, Neo and Smith were opposites. It would only make sense if you interpret Neo as Christ.

Old Post May 5th, 2004 02:10 AM
TPS is currently offline Click here to Send TPS a Private Message Find more posts by TPS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The religious side of The Matrix is the worst side. It's real lame to watch all the extremely obvious messages inbedded in the films.

Old Post May 5th, 2004 02:55 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

and here is our resident Matrix-basher...welcome back, BF...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post May 5th, 2004 03:23 AM
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

but neo has black hair not brown..and he dosnt have scars on his rists..

Old Post May 5th, 2004 06:20 AM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

what does that have to do with it?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post May 5th, 2004 06:26 AM
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

quote:
Originally posted by sum1butno1
I don't think I've ever heard of that religion. What is it?

http://bahai.com/writings/

Old Post May 5th, 2004 01:57 PM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

In some ways I can see the argument for Neo not supposed to be Jesus. I mean if he were Jesus then we would have to explain the five predecessors part.

But here is another question then. If he is not supposed to be Jesus then who else does Neo remind you of?

This is not a rhetorical question, I want answers.

"Always remember...your focus determines your reality."

May whatever God you believe in...have mercy on your RSIs. May the source be with you.

To know the truth, you must risk everything.

Old Post May 5th, 2004 02:01 PM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

Six versions of the Matrix and the world was created in six days. Coincidence?

"Always remember...your focus determines your reality."

May whatever God you believe in...have mercy on your RSIs. May the source be with you.

To know the truth, you must risk everything.

Old Post May 5th, 2004 03:27 PM
TPS
TheProgramSmith

quote:
Originally posted by Machete_guy
but neo has black hair not brown..and he dosnt have scars on his rists..

And as far as I know, there was not an agent that made him wear a crown of thorns either, but we are using symbolism here.

You must bear in mind that if, on his way to the machine city, Neo was carrying a giant cross, God could have sued the W. Brothers for plagerism.

Old Post May 5th, 2004 04:41 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Neo reminds me of Neo. As i have stated before, yes, there are similarities between Neo and Jesus. However, there are also immense differences which cannot be ignored. Neo is a concatenation of all 'Messiahs' throughout every religion, and we cannot just forget that. neo is the 'Enlightened one'. He is the 'Conquering Warrior', the 'Suffering Servant'. He is the one whom everyone can look at and say, 'now he reminds me of so-and-so', the one everyone can look up to. Saying Neo is Jesus is blatantly disregarding the facts.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post May 5th, 2004 06:14 PM
lordnikon

Yeah ... However ... You can relate the last supper with a scene in the movie ...

... remember in the first Matrix movie when Neo talked to Cypher on the Neb ... they had a drink togheder ... now remember Jesus' Last Supper .. where he gave to the trator a piece of bread (or in the christian catholic religion a glass of wine) ...

...Now remember the smile on Cypher's face when he was jacked it the matrix and the hell started (after they went to the Oracle) .. this can be the Kiss of treason gave bu Juda when he had to identify Jesus for the guards

Old Post May 5th, 2004 09:04 PM
lordnikon is currently offline Click here to Send lordnikon a Private Message Find more posts by lordnikon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

just browsing through some threads and this one popped up:

just to clarify, the Merovingians were a dynasty which started already in 496 when Clovis got baptised and ended in 751 when Childerik II was placed in a monastery by Pipin III the short (dunno the english name so I took a guess), that's not the 14 century realworlddreams

to me, all this talk is just hugely overanalysing, but heck, that's not the subject nor worth discussing since it's a private view

but anyway, saying that the Merovingians claimed they descended from God, that's wrong, they traditionaly boost that they either come from Noah, Abraham or Adam.
and it was "tradition" in that time to say such things.
Cassiodurs did it for the Ostrogoths, Isidorus of Seville for the Visigoths, etc.

Old Post May 5th, 2004 09:35 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shape Shifter
Roland's Shifter

actually Niobe isnt the only one not dressed in black, in the first movie we had Switch who was dressed in white, then in the second Tirant who was dressed in red during hte meeting at the start, Ghost was also dressed in white(the motorway chase), and im sure there are a few others im forgetting

http://www.fanfiction.net/~rolandsshifter

Old Post May 5th, 2004 09:38 PM
Shape Shifter is currently offline Click here to Send Shape Shifter a Private Message Find more posts by Shape Shifter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote