KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Neo is not supposed to be like Jesus?

Neo is not supposed to be like Jesus?
Started by: lordnikon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
super pr*xy

i just thought about this right now... stigmatas. stigmatas are the wounds of christ experienced by a man or woman. miracle? no. mental? yes. most of the wounds on the stigmatic people followed the pattern of a particular painting/ picture or sculpture that they have seen. studies have shown that the mind can indeed inflict wounds on the body without physically experiencing it. for one instance, a blind folded experiment volunteer was told that she was gonna be touched by a searing hot iron. she was touched with only a mildly warm iron but burn marks started showing on her arm.

now, flashback to neo's first jump...

neo- *puts fingers in mouth, finds blood* i thought this wasn't real...

morpheus- your mind makes it real.

Old Post May 6th, 2004 12:03 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

You know thinking about the trilogy, I'm reminded of the film Tron. Does anyone see similarities?

If anyone hasn't seen Tron you should, then tell me what you think.

"Always remember...your focus determines your reality."

May whatever God you believe in...have mercy on your RSIs. May the source be with you.

To know the truth, you must risk everything.

Old Post May 6th, 2004 01:29 PM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

ur logic is flawed.......I do recognize that Neo, is Neo, and not "jesus" thats not the point that im trying to make, and i also agree that there are more persons in which he is supposed to symbolize.....and u said that "Saying Neo is Jesus is blatantly disregarding the facts." is flawed. as i said I DO agree that he symbolizes alot of things, however, there are more points to wards the realization that he is predominately supposed to be more like jesus. I would also like to point out that im not saying that he is jesus, and i think that u people become irrational and say the "NO HE IS NOT JESUS" but perhaps i should rephrase what i mean, Neo's story is pretty damn close to Jesus's story......and to deny that is a "blatant disregard of the facts."

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post May 8th, 2004 03:31 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

how is his life like Jesus'? He was not born of a virgin, did not spend his childhood hiding from the king who wanted him dead, he did not 'walk the earth' at age 30, he did not have 12 disciples, he did not perform miracles (except for bringing Trinity back to life), he loved a woman, he had intercourse, he was not a servant of anyone, he fought the system rather than accept it...yes, he sacrificed himself to save humanity, he 'flew', and he died with a cross, but i see more contradictions that similarities...i am not blatantly disregarding the facts, i think the facts speak for themselves...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post May 8th, 2004 07:21 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

ahhhhhhh.....i give up on u people......perhaps u should look at the overall story, not the pithy little details, but that is a thing that alot of people do lack, being able to see the whole picture, but hay what do i know, Jedi is god and knows all, right??? yes

Old Post May 8th, 2004 08:15 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

huh What the f**k?

i AM looking at the whole story, and the 'pithy' little details help to give the story more depth...if you think i am wrong, explain why, don't just say i am...

...besides, who died and made me God?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post May 9th, 2004 01:12 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

wow, I never knew the matrix had biblical references.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post May 9th, 2004 02:55 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

COUGHsarcasmCOUGH!!!!! sleep

Old Post May 10th, 2004 12:51 AM
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

The story of Jesus was set two thousand years ago, the story of Neo was set somewhere in the future.

Now, people who believe Jesus existed, may or not believe that he will return again and may see Neo as the Second Coming of Christ.

Now, although both your agruments have merit you are missing a fundamental point the clue of which is in the problem of the five predecessors.

In matrix terms Jesus would probably be one of those predecessors, and the term - the One- comes from the title (not name) Anointed One or Christ, so my question to you both to consider is although there has only been one Jesus and one Neo, has there been more than one Christ?

"Always remember...your focus determines your reality."

May whatever God you believe in...have mercy on your RSIs. May the source be with you.

To know the truth, you must risk everything.

Old Post May 11th, 2004 09:28 AM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Yes, i once had this same idea, however, i dont think that it marrets any real credibility because of the time line...jesus was alive well..in the past....the matrix is based on 21st century human history not before that...although it has never been seen i dont think that the matrix "progressed" like the real history did..it has always been in the 21st century, and every time is reloads it starts at the 21st century not in the past..thus i dont think that it feasible to say that jesus (in matrix terms) was a former one.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 02:59 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

also, there have been only 8 predications, two of which were very short lived...so, thats 600 years and maybe 2-5 years for each of the first two, which would put us at about 500 years before the turn of the millenium, if it progressed through time like you say. there might be gallileo, but not Jesus. Also, Smith said it was designed to be at the 'peak of your civilization' which makes me think that it really doesn't have a similarity to real life time...it would be starting at about 1990 perhaps, and move forward everytime.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post May 12th, 2004 05:08 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

i agree with u on this, Jedi.....it is not logical to say that jesus is a former one...the point has been made :y:

Old Post May 13th, 2004 10:52 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

thumb up...lol...used to MSN lingo

hay..that gives me a good idea for a post!!!!!

please see new threads big grin

Old Post May 13th, 2004 10:54 PM
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
also, there have been only 8 predications, two of which were very short lived...so, thats 600 years and maybe 2-5 years for each of the first two, which would put us at about 500 years before the turn of the millenium, if it progressed through time like you say. there might be gallileo, but not Jesus. Also, Smith said it was designed to be at the 'peak of your civilization' which makes me think that it really doesn't have a similarity to real life time...it would be starting at about 1990 perhaps, and move forward everytime.

What I love the most about this post like alot of your posts is that whereas most know that any theory spouted on this forum is exactly that, theory until the Wachi bros explain their thinking, i sometimes get the impression yours are not... 8 predications, two of which were short lived, 500 years before the turn of the century. I love to know where you get all this from.

Old Post May 14th, 2004 09:23 AM
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

quote:
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Yes, i once had this same idea, however, i dont think that it marrets any real credibility because of the time line...jesus was alive well..in the past....the matrix is based on 21st century human history not before that...although it has never been seen i dont think that the matrix "progressed" like the real history did..it has always been in the 21st century, and every time is reloads it starts at the 21st century not in the past..thus i dont think that it feasible to say that jesus (in matrix terms) was a former one.

You missing my point. If you believe that Neo was supposed to be like Jesus then you must also believe that he had five preedecessors, yes or no?

Old Post May 14th, 2004 09:35 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

quote:
Originally posted by Numo
What I love the most about this post like alot of your posts is that whereas most know that any theory spouted on this forum is exactly that, theory until the Wachi bros explain their thinking, i sometimes get the impression yours are not... 8 predications, two of which were short lived, 500 years before the turn of the century. I love to know where you get all this from.

hmm...let me see...oh, wait, that's right...the Architect.

"I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the 6th version...The first Matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art - flawless, sublime. A triumph equalled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being...As I was saying, she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99% of all test subjects accepted the program, as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at a near unconscious level."

here we see there are two 'test' matrices, v1 and v2. then there is the third, designed with the help of the Oracle, but which produces anomaly's. there were five before, and Neo is the sixth. if we are to assume that the process of the anomaly takes roughly the same amount of time each iteration, then there are approxiamately 100 years for each iteration, as we learn from Morpheus. as the first two were frustated by failure, because people wouldn't believe in it, i am to assume they each took a relatively short amount of time, thus my 2-5 years. I am probably overguessing with that number, but it will do for our purposes. That leave 8 iteration, with approximately 600 years before the end of Revolutions as the beginning, and since Neo believe it to be ~1999 in the movies, that would place them, if they didn't live in a perpetual present, starting sometime around 1400-1500 AD. if they do live in a perpetual present, as one of the comics makes me think, then each time the matrix is restarted, it is moved back in time, which would put us starting at approximately 1900, or even later. and if their world doesn't progress technologically like ours did, then we could safely assume they started off with technology similar to ours in 1990.

...so, in answer to your question, i am taking in information from a variety of Matrix sources, synthesysing the material, and packaging it for your informative needs. big grin enjoy

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post May 14th, 2004 06:06 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

..couldent have said it any better smile thumb up

Old Post May 15th, 2004 05:23 AM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

except i dont think that they live in a "perpetual present"..i think that everytime the matrix is restarted it doesnt "move back in time" its simpyly restarted, "at the peak of our civilization".......i dont think that it goes all the way back in time to 1400-1500 AD....because that doesent make sence to what the smith says and the achitect say either...

Old Post May 15th, 2004 05:28 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

well, i say that time is reset because of this...it is the first comic...read it. it is on the matrix website.

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.c.../rl_neil_g.html

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post May 15th, 2004 06:06 AM
Walksoftly2000

Warning Missing point

Congrats on seeing Jesus in something else. Yes there are references to jesus but, you can look at almost anything and say "This is talking about jesus!" You can't look too deep otherwise you see past the point. If you ever written poetry or panted, you know interpretation is key! You can write something that talks about love and someone else will see it as talking about hate. This is very common not only in poetry and painting. Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, Act 2 scene 2 that which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet... This line is thought to be one of love and purity. WRONG. During this time Shakespeare’s rival theater the Rose was having a sewage problem. He was making fun of this. The Koran even has a part in the matrix. If you are to have a "bad dream" which is caused by the devil, you spit to the left and never tell anyone about the dream. You see them spit to the left and they never talk about "dreams" or what the oracle tells them. Hadith Bukhari 9:168. Mythology has a play too. Morpheus is the God of Dreams. You can take it to another level and say there are Freudian things going on. There is no end to it. It is good to analyze. The fact that we are doing this helps us stretch or brains. But overanalyzing things, that just breeds insecurities and useless emotions. If you read this, Thanks.

This is only my opinion. Take it for what its worth. I mean no insults towards anyone. You don't have to have jesus in your heart to be friendly, nice, or humane

Old Post May 16th, 2004 08:57 PM
Walksoftly2000 is currently offline Click here to Send Walksoftly2000 a Private Message Find more posts by Walksoftly2000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote