KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Wheel of time.

Wheel of time.
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morridini
Morridini

Wheel of time.

I just wonder if there are anybody else here reading the Wheel of time series? I am very fond of the books and would like to hear what you people think about them. I couldn't find any other topics about this, but if it does then I appologice.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 08:28 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Are there realy no one who have read this series?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 09:37 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterWizard

I have read books 1-7, and after I finish The Dark Half, and the Tommyknockers (by SK) I will get around to reading the last 3. I have also read the prequel.

There is another topic about this, btw, so this might get merged.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 10:14 AM
MasterWizard is currently offline Click here to Send MasterWizard a Private Message Find more posts by MasterWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Ok, but where is the other topic?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 10:33 AM
MasterWizard

here it is:

Wheel of Time

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 11:29 AM
MasterWizard is currently offline Click here to Send MasterWizard a Private Message Find more posts by MasterWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Cool another Wheel of time thread. Hmm, hopes yours does better than mine. Oh by the way who's your favorite character? Mines Perrin.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 12:40 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Hmm, my favourite character. Among the good guys it must be Mat, while among the bad ones it must be Moridin/Ishamael (it's obvious if you look at my nick). Yours then?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 12:49 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Perrin from the good guys. And from the bad yeah probably Moridon/Ishamael, he's the the only Forsaken to det more than a few pages.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 01:17 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterWizard

Mine is Perrin, and for the bad guys, well, I don't like any of them very much.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 04:33 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Which part/chapter of the series did you like the most? I realy liked the prologue in the Eye of the World, it was very well written. So how about you, any favourite chapeters?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 04:03 PM
MasterWizard

I like the prologue as well. My favorite chapter is the one where Moiraine and Co. come to the Queens Blessing inn in Caemlyn, and get Mat temporarily healed, and Rand asks of Loial can come with them. I don't know why, but that chapter stands out the most after I've read it.

My favorite fight scene was at the end of The Lord of Chaos, when all of the Asha'man come in the middle of the fight and help the good guys, while Rand is stuck in a chest.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 07:18 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Yeah, that was a great fight scene. It totaly showed the power of Saidin. I realy hope the Asha'man are going to attack the White Tower in one of the following books, either with Rand or with Taim.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 09:46 PM
MasterWizard

The great thing about that scene, was that I didn't expect the Asha'man to show up. Just blew me away.

I'd rather the two sides of the power combine to make a sort of a Grey Tower or something. And there would be two rulers, the Amyrlin, and whatever Taim's title was.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 10:39 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Taim's title is M'hael, and the new M'hael will probably be Logain, since Taim is a traitor. Maybe the Amyrlin and the M'hael would be bonded in some way, if the two towers merge, which I doubt.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 11:14 PM
MasterWizard

Well I was going on pure speculation, since I haven't read past book 7 yet. I don't know how things are happening by the end of book 10.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 12:16 AM
Morridini
Morridini

ok, sorry if I spoiled anything for you.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 04:51 AM
MasterWizard

Don't worry about it.

Here's a way to possibly make this thread go longer. A debate. I'll start with the question, "Is Moiraine really dead?"

Other WoT readers, come on and post. It's turning into a two person thread.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 10:06 AM
Z4¢|<
King of The world

I've only read books 1-3 and am 1/4 through book 4 but I'm planning on reading all these books after i'm done my other books im reading, I have three books on the go at once! As to the question about Moraine, I have no Idea what you're talking about.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 11:40 AM
Z4¢|< is currently offline Click here to Send Z4¢|< a Private Message Find more posts by Z4¢|< Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterWizard

You'll find out at the end of book 5 I think it was. Or book 4. Can't quite remember.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 11:43 AM
Morridini
Morridini

I think she is alive, and she will probably come back in the following book or the next. She can't be dead because of Mins viewings, which are never wrong, which said that Rand needed her to win Tar'mon'gaidon (is that how i is spelled?).

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 12:10 PM