KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Wheel of time.

Wheel of time.
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

The World just lost a damm good writer, fantasy lovers everywhere will miss him.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 12:38 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Les yeux clos
Wisdomous

I can't believe he never got to finish the books. Apparently they're are releasing the last book in 2009 though because Jordan managed to dictate most of it to his wife and friends so it will be a collaborative text. At least we get to see how it ends...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 04:08 PM
Les yeux clos is currently offline Click here to Send Les yeux clos a Private Message Find more posts by Les yeux clos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I keep hearing that all over the places, on forums I mean, but noone has ever managed to find a source. You got one?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 02:12 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Yey, new author announced to take up the final book:

http://www.dragonmount.com/News/?p=326

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 05:33 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Good news.

A Memory of Light will ble split up into 3 seperate books, instead of being one huge one. This means that the wait to finish the series will be longer, but it also means that we will have more then simply one book of WoT goodness.

The first part of AMoL will be called The Gathering Storm, and will be released November 3rd this year, rumours say that part two and three will be released in November 2010 and 2011.

Source: http://www.tor.com/index.php?option...og&id=19734

Also, seeing as Brandon Sanderson is an avid blogger, he posted a huge blog regarding his writing progress and why the book was split. You can (and should if a WoT reader) read it here: http://www.brandonsanderson.com/arti...Splitting-AMOL

And now besides news, are none of the old WoT readers still around on these boards? Or what about new readers?

Last edited by Morridini on Apr 16th, 2009 at 09:52 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 09:41 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I gave up on the series awhile ago.

It got too much for me, and now I don't even remember a quarter of things that happened in the previous books.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 09:53 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Well now that new books are looming on the horizon it would be a perfect time to restart the series.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 10:13 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I don't have the time to read all of them again, or the patience.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 07:19 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I just finished rereading A Knife of Dreams, great book, it was just soo nice being back in the WoT universe. Going to pick up the Gathering Storm on Ftriday next week.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2009 02:18 AM
Morridini
Morridini

Aww, I held A Gathering Storm in my hands a few minutes ago, but didn't buy it since I'm picking it up at the book signing on Friday. Must say I'm really excited by this, only other book release that could exceed this would be if a talented writer finished Dune 7 based on Herberts notes (if only Brian Herbert could die soon). When you look at the size of this book you will realize that keeping A Memory of Light as one book instead of three would have been impossible.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 04:38 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Buddy of mine from work gave me his copy of Eye of The World.

Seems pretty solid so far.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 07:23 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

What do you think of the series nowQuincy? You should have completed it by now.

So I just finished Gathering Storm, extremely good book, I had forgotten how fun it is to read new material in the WoT universe, definitley the top of the Fantasy genre.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 10:17 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Mat is my homeboy

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Nov 14th, 2009 01:00 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Wow, time has flown by. Tomorrow is the release date for the final book in this amazing (and in my mind, best) fantasy series. Cannot wait to see what is in store for us.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 02:52 PM
Morridini
Morridini

My copy is safely secured:
(please log in to view the image)

EDIT: Oh my god, doesn't this forum resize images to fit the boundaries of the thread itself? Trying to fix this...

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 08:47 AM
Ascendancy

Anyone read it yet? No spoilers please, I'd just like to know how the reading went. The Gathering Storm and Towers of Midnight were excellent and I'm hoping this follows suit.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 06:09 PM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Anyone read it yet? No spoilers please, I'd just like to know how the reading went. The Gathering Storm and Towers of Midnight were excellent and I'm hoping this follows suit.

I am about 666 pages into the book, and have a couple of hundred more pages to go now. All in all I will say that it is suffering from some pacing issues in the first half of the book (or rather, the prologue was pretty darned good, so say the first 10-50% of the book has some pacing issues). The reason for the pacing issues is however that since this is the last book, Sanderson wanted to show us every character we have gotten to know and love. This then results in some of the PoVs just staying for 4-5 pages before we change PoV once again.

Everything that is happening is awesome, I just would rather have had one whole 30 page chapter deicated to Mat, rather than having 5 pages of Mat strewn across 6 chapters. So I'll say I would have preferred a different editing in fact.

But all in all, ****ings awesome. Oh except for this:

Gawyn you whining piece of shit, please die soon!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 10:08 AM
Ascendancy

At least it's not Perrin being a pansy for 900 pages again.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 04:33 PM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Ouch, this died hard. Finally finished the series. The final book was great, sewed up the right things, but left many appropriately open-ended. A lot of questions were answered, the pacing was good, the battles had good flow, Perrin wasn't whining the whole time, and some characters you never expected to make sacrifices did so on a massive scale. More than once it had me laughing out loud at some of the banter between characters and their inner monologues.

The series lived up to what it set out to be, and amazingly, the tone and overall voice of the books wasn't lost after Jordan died and Sanderson took over. More than worth the read.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 10:51 PM
Balgoritin8
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmmmmmmmm

Old Post Mar 7th, 2024 05:17 PM
Balgoritin8 is currently offline Click here to Send Balgoritin8 a Private Message Find more posts by Balgoritin8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote