KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » is venom good or bad

is venom good or bad
Started by: Stevie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Marcellus
executioner

LOL, Never thought of it that way but it kinda makes sense....

But I agree with Rageremourse in the whole storyline resutls in Venom's mood, they really went overt kill with the Story in Venom vs Carnage. so Im thinking we will see the best character interaction between Venom, Carnage, Spiderman and the few bit players tagging along

Old Post May 15th, 2004 04:32 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

I thought bringing this thread out again might please some of the truer Venom fans in the forum. Any of you who are not reading the Tsunami series--and shame on you if you're not--really ought to start. This story is really heating up, but the book will get lost in the shuffle with the impending release of Spidey2 and the Venom vs. Carnage ltd. series due out the same day.
The current arc, "twist" features Venom and the cloned symbiote, hosted by Patricia Robertson, Spidey and the Fantastic Four. The art is done by the fabulous Skottie Young, and if you don't like him, then you can p*ss off. If you do, however you can check out more from Skottie and the whole LedHeavy posse at http://www.ledheavy.com

Attachment: skottie-spideydrop.jpg
This has been downloaded 76 time(s).

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 07:50 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

In the spider-man games he was always really funny but he still did bad things so im not sure either.I think on the outside he likes to have fun but on the inside hes evil.

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 05:23 AM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

In the Spider-man games he was a freakin idiot! He was nothing more than a big slobbering teddy-bear!

I still have that game and at first I was lovin' Venom in 3D and getting to chase him through buildings and stuff, but then after his fight with Spidey he seemed to turn into a buffoon! He was like The Thing!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 03:15 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

Yeah, maybe. But, c'mon, you've gotta admit that Daran Norris' voicework as Venom was pretty great.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 04:34 PM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

He was still funny me and my buddies where always cracking up at him.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 08:54 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Oh sure he was funny, I never said I didn't like him.

You have to admit, he was a bumbling buffoon.

That's okay considerring the Spiderman game was very family-orientated. You can't really have Venom as the big psychotic sociopath going round killing people for dropping litter can you?

The Spiderman game falls into the "kids-7-page-A4-size-comic" category. You know, the kind of comic that comes with a free Spiderman badge and stickers. Venom's a big stupid ape here.

No worries, it was a kick ass game, I loved it considerring the cheap "oh there's gas on the floor thats why you die if you try to go down to the streets" tactics they used. I loved the chase at the end with Carnage-Ock (Or is it Ock-Carnage? Or Doctor Carnage? Argh imagine that!).

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 09:20 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah he is a bufoon I geuss your right with the family oriented thing smile

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 09:57 PM
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

Amen. It's clean dialogue that still manages to be both cute and funny at the same time. I have 3 sons--ages 7, 5, and 4, and they all love this game. My 7 year old beat Monster-Ock--I haven't been able to do that.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 11:12 AM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

smile

I beat both the games and the last part of Spider-Man where you had to run from beat carnage and then run from him was the hardest sad

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 04:57 PM
TheVenomSymbiot
Hostility Restrained

He's a good guy, a siper hero, who is an enemy of Spider-Man. That about sums it up.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 10:20 PM
TheVenomSymbiot is currently offline Click here to Send TheVenomSymbiot a Private Message Find more posts by TheVenomSymbiot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeAdLy KaRnAgE
ThEcReEpEr

i think hes good and bad

definatly made by me

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 11:01 PM
DeAdLy KaRnAgE is currently offline Click here to Send DeAdLy KaRnAgE a Private Message Find more posts by DeAdLy KaRnAgE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koto K
Raised by a cup of coffee

Venom is a BAD ass. I wouldn't classify him as EVIL, but he is bad. Sort of like how someone mentioned the Punisher. I'd rate them about the same really. Evil is I think someone who lacks any quality of remorse or empathy. Both Eddie Brock and the symbiote have shown remorse in the past, so I don't think it's fair to call either of them evil.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 12:14 AM
Koto K is currently offline Click here to Send Koto K a Private Message Find more posts by Koto K Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

Exactly. As I said before--like Frank Castle, Eddie Brock and his "other" are vigilantes. Not without conscience and compassion--just don't piss them off.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 01:23 AM
Stevie
Blitzed out of our skulls

in the cartoons they promote him as a villain as oppose to a vigilante but in the comics hes more of a protector, like when someones getting raped he'll save him/her just like spidey so there sort of the same although venom doesnt care that much about things like spider-man, like venom would stop a robber but only if its in his way...like what im trying to say is venom doesnt go looking for crimes to happen as oppose to spider-man which does, but venom will stop a crime if hes on his way somewhere and he'll see it then he'll stop it.

but i think venom is a little more crueler to the robbers or rapists as to which spider-man will hang them in a web and wait for cops venom will like kill them or throw them in to the river or something like that.

Last edited by Stevie on Jun 29th, 2004 at 02:42 AM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 02:37 AM
Stevie is currently offline Click here to Send Stevie a Private Message Find more posts by Stevie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
INFAREXIA

Well, It's kind of complicated, so let me explain this as simply as I can. (BTW, I'm going to go through the Whole Story).

First, Venom was a Symbiote that attempted to possess Peter Parker as the Well-Known 'Black Suit' that Peter wore a few times. However, in realising what the Black Suit was doing to him, Peter rejected the Black Suit, and it came into possession of Eddie Brock, whereas it transformed into the so-called 'Venom'. At this point, Venom was a Supervillan.

However, as far as I know, Venom became an Agent when the Symbiote came into possession of Flash Thompson. Then is really when Venom became a sort-of good guy.

So I would think Venom as a Anti-Hero. He is not a Super-Good-Kind-Fly-Out-The-Window-And-Save-The-Damsel-In-Distress sort of hero, as he does kill people for even the Slightest Crimes, however, Spiderman and Venom both do have One Enemy in common, which is Carnage, in which Venom Hates because Carnage has no pride.

Too much information? Who Cares. I spent 7 minutes of my Whole Life writing that paragraph.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 02:04 AM
INFAREXIA is currently offline Click here to Send INFAREXIA a Private Message Find more posts by INFAREXIA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Venom (Eddie Brock) is bad because in his warped delusional mind Spider-Man is a wrong for not using lethal force as in killing foes even when it undeniably isn't necessary so simply because he can and because he can, he blames Spider-Man for screwing up his life when he didn't check the source of the guy that confessed so not Spider-Man's fault along with the aftermath also Spider-Man in no damn way at all gave Eddie cancer, he stalked Mary Jane which terrified her attempts to murder Spider-Man because in his warped mind he's the hero and Spider-Man is a villain, also a Cannibal, add in he believes murder and intimidation are the same thing if I recall right.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 11:51 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote