KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Too many sequels?

Too many sequels?
Started by: enyafreak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fire

I agree
personaly I have nothing agaist sequels but the story line from the first movie needs to leave room for a sequel and the sequel needs to hqve some quality

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 06:38 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RockyBalboa

Sequels are fun, take them for what they are.
Supermans
Batmans
Spidermans
X-Men
Star Wars
Halloweens
Rambos
Rockys
Star Treks

IF you do not like them, do not see them. I would think it would be hard to keep coming up with original ideas after 100 years of movies.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 03:54 AM
RockyBalboa is currently offline Click here to Send RockyBalboa a Private Message Find more posts by RockyBalboa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ahaetrkarykl
---------------

i think the funniest sequel is jeepers creepers 2. what made them think the first one was good enough to make a sequel? i never saw the first one but wow i cant belive they made a second

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around every once and a while you could miss it.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 04:25 AM
ahaetrkarykl is currently offline Click here to Send ahaetrkarykl a Private Message Find more posts by ahaetrkarykl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

Man I can't FREAKIN' believed they made sequels to the LOTR. Just kidding. She's right though. Some sequels just don't have to be made.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 04:47 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
o kiMMii o
= MJ 2o06 =

i really hoped that "The Terminator Series" would turn out good yah noe?! seeing how good the 1st 2 was! but it let me down by T3......
wen r hollywood gona learn?! wat a load of crap!!!!!!!!

Old Post Sep 5th, 2003 11:31 AM
o kiMMii o is currently offline Click here to Send o kiMMii o a Private Message Find more posts by o kiMMii o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Furzarsch
Master Wizard

Good Sequels are a must.

Terminator 3 is 7/10, T2 8/10, T1 is 10.
Tomb Raider is like the game.
Hellraiser is getting better and better ->
Star Wars is great: 100/10.
Star Trek NG is cool, the 10th is I think the greatest.
Alien-Sequel is 8. The 3rd is ..well.. 4.

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Sep 5th, 2003 12:08 PM
Furzarsch is currently offline Find more posts by Furzarsch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

I heard that this year will see the release of 23 prequels,sequels or trilogy additions not to mention one or two remakes.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Sep 5th, 2003 09:09 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

there are a fwe Sequels that have the claim of being good............they were made because the story plot could be expanded not cause some producers saw that they could get more money if they made a new one

THey should not have made T3..........T2 would be the best damn sequel ever made in my book, the movie rocked.
but this brain drain in the entertainment sector has to stop...................dont get me wrong they still make good movies but not that many great Blockbuster movies anymore

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Sep 6th, 2003 04:54 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
o kiMMii o
= MJ 2o06 =

i agree.........>=/ T2 is 1 of the best sci-fic movies ever made man!
argggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Old Post Sep 6th, 2003 04:52 PM
o kiMMii o is currently offline Click here to Send o kiMMii o a Private Message Find more posts by o kiMMii o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roberto

I'm afraid you can count good sequels on one hand,
Aliens, empire strikes back, T2, Jaws 2 wasnt to bad, X2, the two towers
Sadly hollywood ran out of good ideas years ago.
did we really need bad boys 2 and charlies angels 2 ?
No, course not, its bloody stupid.
Then you get stupid situations were actors are asked to not only sign on to a film but the possibility of a sequel which is why WB are struggling to find a new superman..............

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=roberto

Old Post Sep 6th, 2003 09:01 PM
roberto is currently offline Click here to Send roberto a Private Message Find more posts by roberto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morfiwen

hollywood is having MAJOR problems coming up with interesting plots anymore!!! Makes me really mad! the only good sequels are the ones where they were all written at the same time, and they didnt just decide on the spur of the moment to do a second because the first was a hit (LOTR, star wars, etc) mad

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 01:36 AM
Morfiwen is currently offline Click here to Send Morfiwen a Private Message Find more posts by Morfiwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

Dumb and Dumberer laughing out loud

It's not out yet, but my reaction from the first.... What were they thinking??

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 02:06 AM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Warning Too many sequels?

It seems to me that there are so many sequels coming out its not funny!
Any semi-big title is bound to have sequels these days, even a trilogy. And if theyre not sequels, theyre either re-makes, or adapted from a novel. Is it just me or have they really run out of ideas !! There's no more originality.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 04:06 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I completely agree. They come up with any excuse to make a somewhat successful movie into a series. Using the excuse "well, a trilogy was originally intended". Thats utter bull. Lord of the Rings was an intended Trilogy, not fast and the furious or matrix.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 06:52 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

theres nothing wrong with sequals as long as there good. Sadly only a handfull of sequals are even worth watching, and even less are as good or better than the original. I'm all for a sequal now and then. Sometimes it's nice, because it gives you more or a greater understanding of some of your favorite characters. Even though most of the time there failures. The anticipation is still nice, Anything can be turned into a sequal and be entertaining, hollywood is running thin on talented writers

This last year though they did go a little heavy on the sequals. Matrix is one thing it had prospect of being a trilogy and was thought of at one time, the most important thing though. Is that it was popular and well liked. The other shit bag of sequals that pleagued the cinema's this year were from mediocre films that gained popularity after they were featured in the theaters

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Oct 15th, 2003 at 10:24 AM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 10:20 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jakanden
Movies "R" Us

Waaaay too many. Here is my current list of Sequals that I have come across (Some are two years away or so)

Indiana Jones 4
Pitch Black 2 (Chronicals of Riddick)
Rush Hour 3
Mortal Kombat 3
Blade 3
Mulan 2
Ring 2
Boondock Saints 2 (All Saints Day)
Resident Evil 2 (Apocolypse)
Timecop 2
Bourne Identity 2
Batman 5 (And Batman Year One)
Mad Max 4
Mission Impossible 3
Shrek 2
XXX 2
Starship Troopers 2 (Hero of the Federation)
Star Wars Episode 3
Bridget Jones 2 (Edge of Reason)
Matrix 3 (Revolutions)
Dirty Dancing 2 (Havanna Nights)
LOTR 3 (Return of the King)
X-Men 3
Scary Movie 3
The Whole nine yards 2

Any others to add?

Last edited by Jakanden on Oct 15th, 2003 at 04:33 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 03:33 PM
Jakanden is currently offline Click here to Send Jakanden a Private Message Find more posts by Jakanden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Jakanden
Waaaay too many. Here is my current list of Sequals that I have come across (Some are two years away or so)

Indiana Jones 4
Pitch Black 2 (Chronicals of Riddick)
Rush Hour 3
Mortal Kombat 3
Blade 3
Mulan 2
Ring 2
Boondock Saints 2
Bourne Identity 2
Batman 5 (And Batman Year One)
Mad Max 4
Mission Impossible 3
Shrek 2
XXX 2
Starship Troopers 2 (Hero of the Federation)
Star Wars Episode 3
Bridget Jones 2 (Edge of Reason)
Matrix 3
Dirty Dancing 2 (Havanna Nights)
LOTR 3
X-Men 3
Scary Movie 3
The Whole nine yards 2

Any others to add?

I agree. Way to many sequels but some of these are necessary.
Well I didnt really like the idea of ST ep 1 but now that we have 1 and 2 the 3rd is necessary (thou it will mot likelly suck).
Matrix 3> Well Reloaded and Revolutions are 1 movie. And the Wash bros had it planned. The 1st Matrix just wasnt expected to be a hit.
LOTR> Again its 1 movie broken in 3. We need this 1.
X-men 3> Singer has something planned, you can see the connection between 1 and 2 and obviously the end of the 2nd tells you what the 3rd is about. Not really necessary but hey I want it big grin

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 03:46 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jakanden
Movies "R" Us

I will admit to eagerly anticipating Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day. I LOVED the first one =)

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 04:29 PM
Jakanden is currently offline Click here to Send Jakanden a Private Message Find more posts by Jakanden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StefMan

well the bat man movies arent really sequels of each other, they are kinda like the series...loose stories

Star Ship Troopers had a very open ending, which demanded a sequel

Star Wars: the first 3 movies where episode 4,5 and 6, now they made episode 1 and 2...an episode 3 would be logical right?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 04:33 PM
StefMan is currently offline Click here to Send StefMan a Private Message Find more posts by StefMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jakanden
Movies "R" Us

Im not saying all sequals are bad heh. I am just saying there are alot comming out =)

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 04:34 PM