KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Too many sequels?

Too many sequels?
Started by: enyafreak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StefMan

I know, and most of them arent needed, like dumb and dumberer or charlies angels 2,

T3 is even a dumber sequel, but its ending opens an opportunity for a T4 or even a T5 confused

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 04:41 PM
StefMan is currently offline Click here to Send StefMan a Private Message Find more posts by StefMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jakanden
Movies "R" Us

It was originally planned to have T4. They had the basic story written at the same time as T3. However nothing concrete has been set which is why its not in the list =)

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 04:49 PM
Jakanden is currently offline Click here to Send Jakanden a Private Message Find more posts by Jakanden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StefMan

u know where I can find the basic story of T4? or isnt it on the net and is it kept somewhere safe from us terminator fans/freaks

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 05:11 PM
StefMan is currently offline Click here to Send StefMan a Private Message Find more posts by StefMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jakanden
Movies "R" Us

I havent been able to find much. I came across a snippet that told how it was based after the ending of T3 and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: It take place completely after judgement day. It follows John Conner from the beggining showing how he came to be leader of the reistance.

Supposedly on the basic premise was fleshed out. They have not written a script or anything for it yet.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 05:31 PM
Jakanden is currently offline Click here to Send Jakanden a Private Message Find more posts by Jakanden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
o kiMMii o
= MJ 2o06 =

yup i agree and most of them end up crap.....
example T3....horrible, matrix reloaded, 2 fast 2 furious, scary movies....etc etc

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 06:44 PM
o kiMMii o is currently offline Click here to Send o kiMMii o a Private Message Find more posts by o kiMMii o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

terminator was never planned to go past the secod film. However when the third was made there were plans for a fourth.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 07:54 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jakanden
Movies "R" Us

Aye I meant 3 and 4 were planned together. I just realized that my post didnt make it sound that way

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 08:00 PM
LilyGinnyBlack
Harry and Ginny Forever

quote:
Indiana Jones 4
Pitch Black 2 (Chronicals of Riddick)
Rush Hour 3
Mortal Kombat 3
Blade 3
Mulan 2
Ring 2
Boondock Saints 2 (All Saints Day)
Resident Evil 2 (Apocolypse)
Timecop 2
Bourne Identity 2
Batman 5 (And Batman Year One)
Mad Max 4
Mission Impossible 3
Shrek 2
XXX 2
Starship Troopers 2 (Hero of the Federation)
Star Wars Episode 3
Bridget Jones 2 (Edge of Reason)
Matrix 3 (Revolutions)
Dirty Dancing 2 (Havanna Nights)
LOTR 3 (Return of the King)
X-Men 3
Scary Movie 3
The Whole nine yards 2

Any others to add?

Yep! big grin The first two may not have been that good but this one and the fourth one should be great! Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire! Though I do like the books better the movies.... But the books mature as Harry gets older.... so than movies should too! stick out tongue

You don't hear me say...

Please, oh baby, don't go...

Simple and clean is the way that your making me feel, tonight...

It's hard to let it go...

Simple and Clean, Kingdom Hearts theme song big grin

LilyGinnyBlack

http://hgnetwork.co.uk/fate
Harry/Ginny Network
Harry/Ginny fan... Forever! love

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 08:16 PM
LilyGinnyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send LilyGinnyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by LilyGinnyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
o kiMMii o
= MJ 2o06 =

ill be watching Rush Hour 3 and LOTR 3

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 08:53 PM
o kiMMii o is currently offline Click here to Send o kiMMii o a Private Message Find more posts by o kiMMii o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
plenTpak52
Pinball Wizard

Yea there arew a lot of unnesscesary sequels. Some of them will definately be good, but others will probably suck. But there are just way too many.

About T4, I think it was written already, and now they are working out the rights to everything (that is confirmed). However, now that Arnold is governator, I don't think T4 will be made. Let me get back to you guys on that.

Will we EVER get to see judgement day occur?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 12:11 AM
plenTpak52 is currently offline Click here to Send plenTpak52 a Private Message Find more posts by plenTpak52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

[COLOR=limegreen]There's nothign wrong w/ sequels, true they are becoming quite profuse lately, but that does not mean that there is a lack of originality. Hollywood finds that people enjoyed a certain movie, so they milk it for all it's worth. It's just the way the system works. And while most sequels are absolute crap (i.e. Batman movies, Tomb Raider, 2Fast2Furious, Harry Potter, and many many more), You do get the occaisional gem (X-Men, LotR, Matrix)

What I'm saying is, sequels are not a bad thing. Sequels expand upon world that we come to know and love (wit

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 04:38 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
plenTpak52
Pinball Wizard

well its not fair to mention harry potter because they ar nessecary

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 04:44 AM
plenTpak52 is currently offline Click here to Send plenTpak52 a Private Message Find more posts by plenTpak52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Sequels should only be released if they actually ARE part of a trilogy, ie LOTR, Harry Potter etc. Geez thats one crazy list of upcoming sequels back there, im not sure half are really necessary, cant they think of something new instead? New characters, new story etc.. something different. And The Matrix was originally a trilogy, cheap excuse i reckon, M1 was clearly a single movie, he is the one, he gets the girl, Smith is dead (or gone at least), story's over !!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 04:51 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Yrh but the Matrix is still going so the ppl arent free wink

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 12:55 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
plenTpak52
Pinball Wizard

But now nothing is stopping them from freeing the people, so its really sort of implied

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 11:23 PM
Kes
Philie

Well they have to destroy the Matrix so..

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 11:28 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

well indeed now aday every good story can have a sequel
it's all about the money
FFS best example is disney
they now have a sequel to almost every story they have
(with the exception of snowwhite I think)

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 11:36 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
buffymitch
Colossus

I love sequels. THey give more depth to a story. Some sequels suck and you can defenitley see that Hollywood has no ideas any more. Every little thing is turned into a movie.Even thaty stupidest comic books. But you have to say that allmost everything has alredy been done. If you could make movei or just write a script what would you write about. Trust me most of it has already out there

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 12:03 AM
buffymitch is currently offline Click here to Send buffymitch a Private Message Find more posts by buffymitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

true but I would just make something that I think the big crowds woud like
envolving: adventure, good looking stars, violence and sex

I think that would really sell

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 12:10 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
plenTpak52
Pinball Wizard

well about the comic book thing, after Spiderman, they were all basically for money. I mean I'm sure whoever made the movies is a huge fan of the movies, but its still mostly for money. Or maybe Marvel wants to do some kind of saga?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 12:27 AM