KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Too many sequels?

Too many sequels?
Started by: enyafreak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TPS
TheProgramSmith

FAR too many sequels. Hollywood must be running out of ideas.

Old Post May 18th, 2004 12:57 PM
TPS is currently offline Click here to Send TPS a Private Message Find more posts by TPS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Some films should be just left as they are. Matrix would have been an absolute classic, but then two and three came out, and then all the shite about ''we had it in plan long long before''

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post May 18th, 2004 02:36 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

Totally argree with lil....(without intentionally insulting) bitchiness. Matrix would have been classic had it been left at the first one.

I think all films made from books have a sequel if theres a sequel to the book.

Alot of the time the last film ruins the series. Check it.

-Scorpion King
-Jurassic Park 3
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 5
-Police Academy 8
-Terminator 3

But some are great. Hence

-LOTR
-Er any other suggestions?

Old Post May 18th, 2004 04:02 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

the scorpian king wasn't really a sequel more like a spin of or even a prequel ....tho saying that it was not good.....argh.... where as the others where just made to line some peoples pockets with gold.... if they did that .....

Old Post May 18th, 2004 05:23 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Nothing wrong with sequels.

Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Alien, Spiderman, X-Men, LOTR to name but a few.

I welcome sequels. The potential for what they are capable of is huge - just look at what The Empire Strikes Back did for movies, and that wasn't already based on a book or other source material. The baddies won, it was dark, and at the time a complete revolution. It's also ten times better than the first movie. Same goes with Aliens being the best in the franchise (although thats more my opinion).

It can be done. It's just when the directors get delusions of grandure and try and do something that backfires in their face (The Matrix sequels being a prime example of total dissapointments)

Old Post May 18th, 2004 07:09 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

many sequels are dissapionting....but there are tose that make it better then there origanal movie...

Old Post May 18th, 2004 07:55 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

True.

Old Post May 18th, 2004 08:00 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

comic book movie sequels are good until like around movie 3 or 4

Old Post May 18th, 2004 09:07 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

well i just saw shrek 2 wed. and it was great, but i expected that to be good like i expect spiderman to be good.

Old Post May 21st, 2004 10:27 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Aku - they made a Ninja Turtles 5?????????????

I thought it only went up to 3 - man that one was awful. Time travelling samurai in a overly-kiddified Turtles adventure, urgh!

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 12:04 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

yea i never knew there was a 5 probably just went straight to video

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 12:16 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Nah, i hate superhero or cartoon movies sequels... i hate them. Its the same actor with a new enemy..nothing else.

The only time i lthink sequels wors is if they continue the story... like the matrix... but i feel they have to someting different with content...then the same as the earlier film.

I enjoy T3 because of the story but its not great.

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 01:10 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

yea the entire matrix thing was ruined, especially by "Revolutions". its just that they hollywood is loosing ideas so they say "OO this movie made a lot of money when it came out, lets make a sequel." i even am hearing things of Gladiator 2 wtf he was killed, whats there to talk about, HOLLYWOOD STOP RUINING GREAT FILMS W/ BAD SEQUELS!

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 01:17 AM
Red Superfly

quote:
Originally posted by Samas-adian
Nah, i hate superhero or cartoon movies sequels... i hate them. Its the same actor with a new enemy..nothing else.

The only time i lthink sequels wors is if they continue the story... like the matrix... but i feel they have to someting different with content...then the same as the earlier film.

I enjoy T3 because of the story but its not great.

I understand your point. Comic book movies have rarely progressed further than "this new one has a different enemy, and er, better special FX than the last".

I HOPE this will chnage with Spiderman - mainly thanks to the awesome source material and the fact that Sam Raimi has kept quite truthful to the comic book in terms of STORY (even though many changes were made).

They could (and are rumoured to actually be doing so) six Spiderman movies - all very different from the last, because Spiderman has changed so much since his beginnings, and evolved so much, as have his enemies.

There's literally THOUSANDS of ideas for the next four Spiderman movies, they'd be really stupid not to make each movie special it its own right. They seem to be doing it right - for instance in Spidey 2, Peter has become an amazing superhero, fully controlling his powers (this is something we have never seen in comic movies - a hero who actually improves his game with experience), and is shunning his friends. They are focusing on the human side of Spiderman, a very relatable side to the character, which is admirable. He decides to start thinking about himself for a change, like we all do from time to time, and he quits being Spiderman - only to realise his mistake when Dock Ock turns up. It looks brilliant.

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 06:35 PM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

well comic book sequels havent all been like that, there have been good sequels such as Batman Returns, and Superman II. although those are the only ones there are good ones none the less, but w/ other movies, i do see your point.

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 06:45 PM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

o well

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 08:32 PM