KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » What Is The Meaning Of Life?

What Is The Meaning Of Life?
Started by: Syren

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (52): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~Angel~
??Or am I??

quote:
For me the meaning of life is to learn, educate, and teach each other. Death is a factor, but that doesn't mean a person should just give up, and accept the end. Life goes on, our meaning is to ensure that the chain of humanity continues. Love is also a great factor in life. We should not only love our family but also express that love to others. People depend on others for help. That's were we should come in, and help them. To be human doesn't mean eat, sleep, sex, build a family. It also means to help others.

I agree completley with WindDancer!!!

If our purpose was to merely eat, sleep, reproduce, and die, we would not have been given a consciousness. We have intelligence, and creativity.

I believe the purpose of life is to love. That's it, plain and simple.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 06:37 AM
~Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

The meaning of life is to live. No more complicated than that.

"Conciousness" and self-realization comes with intelligence. If monkeys were as intelligent as we are, they'd create religion and ponder these questions too. But they aren't.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 11:20 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

live, love, and be happy

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 02:09 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelsflame265
la la la lalaaaa

Living life as best you can

Offical Country Music Lover of Ravenclaw

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 10:29 PM
angelsflame265 is currently offline Click here to Send angelsflame265 a Private Message Find more posts by angelsflame265 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Living life. Period?

I don't know if that's perhaps too simple, but why decorate it? We're all doing the same thing, albeit in various ways. Live life.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 10:48 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draku

Life

Give me a reason why you wake up every morning. What do you think is your purpose in being alive?
We have created a world, where we all work our a$$es off in order to finnish school, so we can get a good job to earn a thing called money, which is in fact, the main source of evil and hatred among humans. Then you eventually get married, have kids, medicine is improved, and the population increases each year. People are blinded by movies, games, music, etc.
I feel we are so unconscious sometimes, and the general idea of life is far from reality. Does getting a bad grade, or becoming a sinner really matter?
Do you think life was just an accident, or it has a purpose?

Last edited by draku on Aug 31st, 2004 at 11:06 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 10:58 PM
draku is currently offline Click here to Send draku a Private Message Find more posts by draku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Most people don't realize that the purpose to life is more simple(simple...r?) than anyone cares to belive. The purpose to life is to LIVE. That's it, plain and simple.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 01:34 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paxelius
bearer of the blue hat

wuteva: you raise difficult and important questions here... although I see the subtle truth in Arachnoidfreaks answer I still think it's more complicated than that. I'll settle for just answering a few of your questions --

My purpose in life is to learn and love. It's hard sometimes...
It was no accident, I don't belive in mistakes - I think Shakespear said some truth in: The world is a stage and we the actors. I think this show is all according to some kosmic manuscript in which we all partake and intertwine to such a degree it gets confusing to see the whole picture. Is it worth it ? Yes, what else do you have. It's here , now , and it's magic.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 01:53 AM
Paxelius is currently offline Click here to Send Paxelius a Private Message Find more posts by Paxelius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

No, it isn't more complicated than that, because "living" encompasses all that you do while you are alive. Learning, loving, teaching, making mistakes, it's all part of life and living. Humans have a knack for making things more complicated than they really are.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 01:57 AM
Paxelius
bearer of the blue hat

Arachnoidfreak: True, that we make things more complicated than they are. But since 'living' as you say encompasses everything we do - then we should take aim to seek the best way of living and there is no simple way to find this answer. Some seek a higher purpose in the midst of the mundane everyday life and it's both simple and hard at the same time. Life evolves as you live it.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 02:05 AM
Paxelius is currently offline Click here to Send Paxelius a Private Message Find more posts by Paxelius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

breakfast j/k

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 02:34 AM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i just wanna find my wife to be.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 02:42 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by Paxelius
Arachnoidfreak: True, that we make things more complicated than they are. But since 'living' as you say encompasses everything we do - then we should take aim to seek the best way of living and there is no simple way to find this answer. Some seek a higher purpose in the midst of the mundane everyday life and it's both simple and hard at the same time. Life evolves as you live it.

True dat. As you search for the simple answer you must sort through the complicated sometimes. Life certainly does evolve as you live it, but does that neccessarily mean that you have to make it more complicated? Something can change and stay simple at the same time.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 03:33 AM
Fiery Eyes

Re: Life

quote:
Originally posted by wuteva
Give me a reason why you wake up every morning. What do you think is your purpose in being alive?
We have created a world, where we all work our a$$es off in order to finnish school, so we can get a good job to earn a thing called money, which is in fact, the main source of evil and hatred among humans. Then you eventually get married, have kids, medicine is improved, and the population increases each year. People are blinded by movies, games, music, etc.
I feel we are so unconscious sometimes, and the general idea of life is far from reality. Does getting a bad grade, or becoming a sinner really matter?
Do you think life was just an accident, or it has a purpose?

Why do I wake up in the morning, cuz God gave me the air in my lungs, I give him Thanks and praise for that, He is my purpose in life. To serve him and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is the reason for Life to me. smile smile

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 04:20 AM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nemo
ocean and sea

then what happened after you have turn every human being into christian?
there would be no more purpose to ur life?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 04:28 AM
nemo is currently offline Click here to Send nemo a Private Message Find more posts by nemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Well, she wouldn't turn EVERY human. Someone would have to shoot me in the face before I convert back to religion.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 04:30 AM
Fiery Eyes

Did you read the 1st part of my post?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 04:31 AM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Re: Life

quote:
Originally posted by wuteva

To play video games and have sex.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 04:32 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Re: Re: Life

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
To play video games and have sex.

I like that answer. I think I'll make it my new mantra...

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 04:34 AM
Darth Revan
-

laughing out loud

I really don't know about this whole "purpose" thing, I have things I want to do with my life, but I don't see them as my "purpose". I don't believe humans have "purpose," humans just... are.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 04:58 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote