KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » Poetry Personified

Poetry Personified
Started by: Syren

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Syren
dreaming

I'd also just quickly like to point out that we are in no way trying to discourage you from posting your work in general, it is very good. Anything you write is perfectly welcome in the other poetry thread, as, I think, is obvious by the fact that all poets work has been left when posted.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 12:57 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krabs55

its fine i just didnt understand

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 10:21 PM
Krabs55 is currently offline Click here to Send Krabs55 a Private Message Find more posts by Krabs55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Wow, I'm surprised nobody's actually done artwork based on the poems... I have an idea for the last one you posted, I'm going to start working on it now smile

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 10:41 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

I have an idea for Shy Guy, but unfortuantely, I won't be able to post it when I'm done.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 10:56 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Too bad man, I like your work erm

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 11:10 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

eek!

Artistes!!!

Finally!!

Go for it guys, I'd love to see how people interpret my poetry, considering I can't draw to save my life big grin

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 12:03 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Someone likes my work, Woot! My purpose is fulfilled.

You are pretty good yourself Darth. One suggestion though, try mapping things out in a basic sketch before you draw. It will make everything more symmetrical and clean once you actually start the drawing, and your skill will improve quickly.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 12:35 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Thanks for the advice AF... Yeah, sometimes I do that, sometimes I don't... I'll start doing it more often yes

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 12:55 AM
Syren
dreaming

big grin

You guys just made a friend for life. Yes, I'm easy, I'm a genius stick out tongue

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 11:46 PM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Well, I started the basic sketch, it's all mapped out and everything. I'll be working on the details tomorrow. Won't be online though. sad

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 06:07 AM
Darth Revan
-

yo AF... you think you're going to be able to find a scanner to use?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 11:47 PM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Probably not. Besides, I scrapped the first design, I'm starting over.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 12:06 AM
Darth Revan
-

Ah. I actually did the same thing, started over last night... But not to worry Syren, this one is much better. yes

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 12:12 AM
Syren
dreaming

eek!

Seriously guys, this is wonderful. I was beginning to think it wouldn't work, but Milla did say to give it time

When we've had a few entries, I'll submit three more poems.......

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 12:01 AM
Darth Revan
-

Hey Syren... I'm going on a short trip, leaving in about two or three hours. I've almost got the drawing done, so I'll work on it while I'm gone and have it for you when I get back on Monday or Tuesday.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 04:52 PM
Syren
dreaming

Excellent babes wink

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 11:22 AM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

I'm finished with "Shy Guy", unfortunately, you won't get to see it.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 05:18 PM
Syren
dreaming

Well, describe it to us big grin

Nah, seriously, you'll never be able to get it up on here??

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 25th, 2004 04:13 PM
Darth Revan
-

Alright, I've gotten around to scanning my drawing in. It's fairly simple, but it took some work and I'm reasonably proud of it. I didn't use any of the similies from the poem directly, but hopefully this is a fairly good representation of what you're talking about... To me the poem is about fear, and I apologize for the crappy quality, but it's the only way I could get the file small enough and have the picture a decent size stick out tongue

"When You Crack"

You never see it coming do you?
It encases you in grimy darkness,
It's hard to inhale,
You feel so frail,
It's like you don't exist anymore.

It suffocates like a plastic bag,
Wrapped around your face,
Your heart begins to race,

It strangles your mind and soul,
Sucks out all your might,
You lose the will to fight,

Curled up like a child on the floor,
Screams that make no sound,
You've finally hit the ground,

But you feel it hit.

Attachment: train.jpg
This has been downloaded 225 time(s).

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 08:23 PM
Syren
dreaming

Oh, DR, it's awesome yes

Absolutely fantastic, you've shown my poem from a completely different perspective, exactly as I'd hoped. The quality's fine, the picture's brilliant. I love the solidness of it, the train is an image of strength, of untouchable machinery, whilst the person portrays utter weakness, especially because they are being controlled by a 'puppeteer'. I love it!! wink

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 08:32 PM