KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator 4: News, Rumors, and Speculation

Terminator 4: News, Rumors, and Speculation
Started by: SecretUser

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
crAZRick
I'm God here!

OK thats 20 pages... I read somewhere that a page of script = 1 minute of screen time, in general, but, with montages and slow zooms and voice-over pans and zooms, not to mention my complete lack of any real scripting skills, it feels like closer to an hour or so of screen time...

I dunno... 6 more pages ready to be posted, and the story seems to only just be getting going... moving too slowly? not enough details? more description? more dialog? what's missing? or why is it that 20 pages seems like an hour? maybe just my formating?

anyone of you 3 or 4 have any suggestions or critique before the next 20 pages/3 hours get posted?

eek! big grin confused Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance confused big grin eek!

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 05:06 PM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
octapushunter

well you do seem to create characters just for the sake of killing them.
also, those were squadleaders, battlehardened vets, that just got wasted making rookie mistakes, but it is your script.
if you want to eat more screen time let the characters get to know eachother and develope relationships. my g/f always says something about communicating taking time and something something. roll eyes (sarcastic)
anyway, make them learn about eachother, that way we do to.

thanks for sharing
octapushunter

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 06:33 PM
octapushunter is currently offline Click here to Send octapushunter a Private Message Find more posts by octapushunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

Thats pretty good stuff octapushunter... I don't know how much time to devote to the Resistance Fighter squad stuff, over the Terminator stuff, since they are just there to link up to the Terminator stuff... I don't want to write another Aliens, shift focus from the Terminators to a squad of gung-ho fighters, so yeah, I DO just introduce them to get them killed, get captured, introduce the death-camps and have John and his group from Crystal Peak save them, inspire them to fight...

I figure that yes, there are some battle hardened vets amongst them, but only in man0vs-man type situations... most are only still just learning to deal with the machine-mentality, the programmed forces that only want to capture, contain, or kill indisciminently and unrelenting... mostly, the humans just run and hide, or get lucky in raids, consolidating damage and defeating the machines rarely, using massive amounts of resources for minimal gains...

mostly, the humans gets whooped, even the few battle-hardened vets get beat down, because most of the battle-hardened vets were destroyed in Judgment Day, so these are the battle hardened left-overs...

I see what you're saying, and it's good critique... probably have to include more of why these humans are weak compared to 'real warriors' who would crush the machines easy...

we'll see what happens...

and, as for g/fs and communicating, I know what you're saying there too... my g/f starts talking about that sort of thing all the time, I think... I dunno, I dont really pay attention I guess.. eek! roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 07:28 PM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
octapushunter

still give them a little more credit.
standing in an open corridor with the flying things flying through, seems a little well you know, dumb.
but, try intoducing the early series terminators, they weren't smart or powerful SO, weak robots vs rookie men = good battles. you have them hunkered down, scared fighting patroling squads of big dumb t1s or whatever. still not overly one sided. machines in numbers but not so powerful. if you make the humans look weak now, how can you expect to make them rise against the machines later. you kind of paint yourself into a corner by making one side look overly awesome.
you know what would be cool to see is what life is like in other countries at this time. a montage of resistance fighters around the world(at some point, not now) would be sweet. is skynet spreading all over the globe or do they just control a couple factories etc. in n america.
sorry these are incomplete thoughts, but its finals week gotta get to studying.

octapushunter

p.s. why would they have death camps if they are mercyless? wouldn't they kill the humans on site?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 01:44 AM
octapushunter is currently offline Click here to Send octapushunter a Private Message Find more posts by octapushunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

I see what you're saying, about the veterans making rookie mistakes, etc... my simple response is that these are not veterans, except for their leader, who is struggling to maintain order amidst the chaos of the machine-dominated world. As far as who and why the machines kill, and who is spared to work as slaves, I hope that gets explained as it goes along.. just think that the death and carnage and chaos might not be as random, the machines not as merciless and indiscriminant in their programming as they might have been in a different time-line... smile

and, keep reading for the introduction of the first bi-pedal machine-built Terminators...

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 05:40 PM
crAZRick
I'm God here!

EXT. MOUNTAIN PASS, just outside the cave entrance
SGT KENT stumbles into the clear, but quickly back-pedals and ducks against the interior cave wall, startled

3 LARGE AERIAL H/K HOVERCRAFTS have taken up positions along the canyon and are deploying groups of MINI-FLYING H/K DRONES (SHRIEKERS) in groups of 4

One group of MINI-FLYERS immediately darts toward the CAVES, and KENT ducks for cover once more

A GROUP OF REFUGEES, including KYLE'S GUARDIAN, stream out of the other CAVES, as the DRONES approach

A few TROOPERS move to follow the REFUGEES, and some gather around KENT and take cover

The REFUGEES and TROOPERS in the clear are almost immediately targeted by the approaching DRONES, and other groups of DRONES are sure to follow

KENT takes stock of the situation and glances at his fellow troops

The TROOPERS stare back at KENT, frightened and blank, but also under his command

KENT: F U C K IT! SEMPER-FI! HOO-RAH!

KENT charges from the cave, PULSE RIFLE blasting away, moving from one crag or out-cropping of cover to another and another

The TROOPERS look to each other for a moment, concerned, before charging from the cave, weapons hot and blazing

[EXTENDED BATTLE SCENE 3-5 minutes of bravery and hope and struggle to save REFUGEES, FAMILY, FRIENDS and TROOPS]

NOTE: H-Ks seem to fire around and behind most groups of targets, leading them, like sheep...

CUT TO: SEPIA TONE, as from LARGE H/K COMMAND & CONTROL
WIDE SHOT on CAVES, BATTLE as from distant HEAVY H/K UNIT

SCANNER: READOUT--
87 INITIAL HEAT SIGNATURES
43 REMAINING HEAT SIGNATURES

(NOTE: STATISTICAL ADVANTAGE, less than 50% resistance remains)

PRIMARY MISSION COMPLETE: GAIN STATISTICAL, TACTICAL ADVANTAGE

SECONDARY MISSION:
CONTAINMENT and CAPTURE
RETURN TO BASE

INITIATE

CUT TO CAVES:
CAPT PERRY arrives at CAVE ENTRANCE, screaming commands and MAYDAY into his radio

PERRY takes aim with his pulse rifle, but it as yet remains uncharged

A DRONE targets PERRY

PERRY crouches and hefts a LARGE ROCK, chucking the ROCK at the DRONE then diving away

The ROCK bounces off the DRONE, throwing off its aim, but the DRONE quickly re-engages its target

DAVISON and KYLE reach CAPT PERRY'S CAVE

DAVISON fires at the DRONE

DRONE shifts aim from PERRY in the prone to DAVISON on the attack

DAVISON is blasted in the chest, dies instantly, drops the PLASMA PULSE RIFLE

The DRONE returns to its original mission: TARGET CAPT PERRY

KENT has moved to PERRY, and both have moved to help cover and rescue REFUGEES

The DRONE takes aim at PERRY, KENT and REFUGEES

KYLE fumbles with DAVISON'S PULSE RIFLE, finally freeing the PLASMA-PAC AMMUNITION CARTRIDGE from its place

DRONE fires upon the GROUP, searing KYLE'S GUARDIAN, who falls, dead from the group

KYLE smashes the PLASMA-PAC against the ground as hard as he can a few times, recalling PERRY'S earlier comments in the cave:
'if you drop that and the plasma-pac ruptures, you'll be toast!'

KYLE tosses the PLASMA-PAC in a high-arc, boyish-toss toward the DRONE

PLASMA-PAC oozes and sparks as it soars, but falls far short of its target, tumbling to the ground below

DRONE takes aim upon CAPT PERRY once again, locking on

The RUPTURED PLASMA-PAC EXPLODES beneath the DRONE, engulfing the mechanical death machine in a ball of super-heated PLASMA FIRE

For a moment, everything stops, as everyone, human and machine alike, seem to focus on little KYLE REESE, kneeling and quaking, still clutching the over-sized PLASMA PULSE RIFLE with one hand

FOCUS ON KYLE

EXPLOSIONS from BEHIND KYLE rock the entire scene

PAN BACK TO WIDE
The 3 HEAVY AERIAL H/Ks, each flanked by 2 or 3 DRONES, have moved into the CANYON, barring escape from either direction

A volley of PULSE CANNON FIRE from the HEAVY H/Ks seals the CAVE ENTRANCES, leaving the REFUGEES and remaining RESISTANCE TROOPS completely cut off and at the mercy of the machines!

An obviously synthesized voice speaks, in monotone English, from an area that seems to be BETWEEN 2 of the HEAVY H/Ks, but is probably in effect, being broadcast from both, or all 3

MACHINE VOICE: You are defeated... Lower your weapons... Do not resist and you will not be harmed... Further resistance will result in termination... You are defeated... Do not resist...

SGT KENT, struggling under the weight of an injured REFUGEE as much as with his own injuries, looks to CAPT PERRY who has gathered 2 more large rocks in his fists

PERRY looks to KENT, then surveys the scene entirely, , considers the H/K demands...

...and drops the rocks, in surrender

KENT collapses under the weight of his CO's decision, slumps to the ground, still holding the REFUGEE in his arms

PAN BACK TO WIDE: Resistance forces and refugees contained and secured by machines

FADE TO BLACK

Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Last edited by crAZRick on Dec 20th, 2003 at 09:42 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 09:34 PM
crAZRick
I'm God here!

ok, PERRY, KYLE, introduced, captured...

up next, JOHN and TX-850A to the rescue? hmmmm....

Meanwhile, what's going on back at Crystal Peak?
What's the deal with the Model-B?
what more trouble can Katherine and Co get into?

read on, Faithful 4... or more smile

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 01:15 AM
crAZRick
I'm God here!

Worried

FADE FROM BLACK

EXT. FAMILIAR MOUNTAIN PASS, NEAR CRYSTAL PEAK COMPOUND- NEAR-NIGHT

We recognize the MOUNTAIN PASS from JOHN’S DREAM and PRIOR MONTAGES.

Also, recognize a FAMILIAR HUM, turns into a loud shriek of mechanical nature, closing fast!

No sign of life in the area, human or machine...

Suddenly, a rusted-out JEEP rumbles into the scene, bounding wildly over the dunes, creating the incredible screeching HUM as the engine whines, obviously over-extended by the driver.

As the OLD JEEP sputters down a steep grade into a rocky ravine, the SHRIEK we know from FLYING H/Ks drowns out the whining engine, as 2 of the DRONES streak after the JEEP, flying in close-quarters down into the RAVINE

The crackle of PLASMA PULSE ENERGY sparks in the gun-ports of each DRONE, as the JEEP rattles down the RAVINE, beneath a ROCKY ARCH.

As the DRONES pass near the ARCH, and prepare to lock on and fire upon the JEEP, the ROCKY ARCHWAY EXPLODES, crashing down upon the DRONES, throwing off their aim, smashing them, and ultimately disabling them

The JEEP stops, and backs up toward the COLLAPSED ARCH, where the DRIVER and PASSENGER exit

JOHN CONNOR and the TX-850A approach the wreckage of the downed DRONES cautiously

JOHN
That worked!
I don’t believe it!

TX-850A
There was an eighty-six point seven-percent chance of success for that maneuver, under these conditions... With an additional vehicle or drone,
chances of success drop—

JOHN
OK! OK! Like I said,
I’m just glad it worked!

(a beat)

Let’s get these things loaded up, and RTB before their buddies come looking for them.

JOHN and the TX-850A begin collecting the DRONE CHASSIS’ from the dirt

JOHN begins slowly uncovering ONE DRONE, while the TX-850A works more rapidly uncovering the SECOND DRONE

The SECOND DRONE bounces up from beneath the rubble, humming intermittently, but obviously still got some fight left in it

The machine shriek of the DRONE is drown out by the thumping thunder of the JEEP engine, and JOHN continues to absently chuck debris from the FIRST DRONE, as the SECOND DRONE targets him from behind

TX-850A
John Connor...

JOHN seems to hear or sense the Terminator’s summons, and turns to see the TX-850A raising a LARGE ROCK overhead, not yet noticing the DRONE sputtering and locking-in

TX-850A smashes the ROCK down on the DRONE, crashing it back to the earth

The Terminator follows up with a second crushing blow, finally disabling the DRONE

The Terminator examines the downed DRONE closely, deciding its fate finally

TX-850A
Terminated...

JOHN nods at the Terminator, and huffs with satisfaction that HIS fate was not determined and decided in that instant

JOHN turns back to his chore, taking note of something else, excitedly

JOHN
I wonder if we can modify these pulse cannons in some sort of tripod, attach to the Jeep, and start us a roving arsenal of our own?

T-850A
Under optimal conditions, I could retrofit these units for vehicular use in eighteen point four hours, given access to the proper tools and equipment in your storage facility.

JOHN
You? You know how to do that?

T-850A
Affirmative.
I have detailed files on the sciences and mechanics of this time, as well as the physics which govern the use of plasma-pulse weaponry and other necessary data from the years 2005-2032...

JOHN cocks his head at the TX-850A as they load the DRONE

JOHN
(laughing)
That’s great! Except, the way I drive,
I’m not sure the Jeep will last another 18 hours!

TX-850A
Under present-day conditions, the 2003 Jeep Renegade SE is designed to perform within acceptable parameters for forty-seven years, given proper maintenance and barring catastrophic failure...

JOHN
Well, that’s the trick isn’t it?
Barring catastrophic failure?

TX-850A
Affirmative.

JOHN and the TX-850A complete the recovery and loading of the 2 DRONE H/Ks

CLOSE ON DRONE CHASSIS in CARGO BAY of JEEP
NOTE: Steadily blinking RED LIGHT hidden deep within MACHINE MECHANICS and ARMOR PLATE

PAN BACK as JOHN and TX-850A board JEEP, and thunder over the dunes, into the near-night haze

FADE TO BLACK

FADE FROM BLACK

Crackle of energy, SEPIA-TONE, flickering-screen effect, as from
TX-850B POV

DIAGNOSTIC TEST:
SCANNING, MEMORY CHECK, DATABASE RECOVERY IN PROCESS...
Various other quick-scrolls of data and information as TX-850B POWERS UP

(uncertain whether from EXTERNAL ASSIST or from INTERNAL AUTOMATION)

NOTE: FINAL TEXT DATA MESSAGE:
TDE SCHEMATICS, PHYSICS, TEMPORAL MECHANICS DATA
DOWNLOADING TO BACK-UP...

INT. CRYSTAL PEAK COMPOUND, RESEARCH FACILITY
Various TECHS gather around TX-850B, performing various tasks and pre-checks

(Similar scene from POWER-UP of TX-850A UNIT except notable lack of KATHERINE BREWSTER)

TX-850B is activated, the poly-mnemetic alloy, liquid metal ‘skin’ floods over the endoskelton, and takes shape, then seems to fluctuate in indecision, taking a second
more-desirable shape and appearance

(INTRODUCE NEW TERMINATOR ACTOR/ACTRESS)

KATHERINE BREWSTER ENTERS LAB

KATE is not exactly pleased to see the TX-850B activated

KATE
What is this?
Are we ready to try again?
Why wasn’t I informed of this test?

A middle-aged African-American TECHNICIAN steps from the crowd, to KATE

KATE
Michael, what’s going on?
I mean, I understand your excitement,
after all John has said of your father’s
achievements with Cyberdine, and all of our
advancements with the 850A, but...

MICHAEL DYSON looks unapologetic as he cuts KATHERINE short

DYSON
My father’s work is irrelevant!
All that matters is right here, right now!
We have, within these Terminator units,
the technology to change EVERYTHING, to
turn the tide of the Future War NOW!
To beat back the machines before they even
get a foothold in this war! Jesus, Katherine, it’s already been almost 10 years, and we’re still struggling! Like your husband always says:
We need to make some changes! We need to—

KATE
We need to LEARN and STUDY and RESEARCH the
possibilities! Before we jump into anything more advanced, we need to understand what we have to work with, and determine what could possibly come of using this future-technology now, in our present!

KATE
It was John and his mother interfering, destroying Cyberdine in 1997, that led to your father’s death, and to the militarization of all this Future-Tech!

Sure, they put off Judgment Day but, they also paved the way for the machines to be as advanced as they are right now!

DYSON hardly seems to be listening to KATHERINE, pacing, glancing at the TX-850B and the surrounding TECHNICIANS nervously

Mention of ‘the Cyberdine incident’ seems to get through to him though, and he speaks up

DYSON
I am fully aware of John and Sarah Connor’s roles in my father’s death, and the destruction of Cyberdine, the inception and creation of CRS, the military backing of the research and development of the Future Tech!

I know what these Terminators are capable of, and I know what I am doing by powering up the 850B! Trust me Katherine, I know!

KATE
And, I know these Terminators!
I’ve seen what they can do!
They both tried to kill John and I!!

The TX-850A has been reprogrammed with very strict controls and parameters to govern its actions and responses. It had to be so, or I wouldn’t allow John to take it into the field!

The B model does not hold to its program, it changes its parameters at will... at its OWN will! It is faulty! It’s not ready to be brought online! We need more time!

DYSON grows exceedingly more impatient and erratic

DYSON
There is no more time!
We’ve already wasted so much time!
I was away at MIT, studying everything my father studied, to one day take my place at his side at Cyberdine, when the shit went down in ’97.

KATE
Well, we’ll wait and see what John decides when he gets back.

DYSON nods in agreement, motioning to his fellow TECHNICIANS
who deactivate the TX-850B

KATE
Thank you for understanding, Michael.
It shouldn’t be long before we can work the bugs out of the B-model.
Just not today...

KATHERINE cringes, showing obvious signs of cramping and pains from pregnancy

DYSON continues nodding and complying with KATHERINE’S suggestions, assuring her then ushering her out of the RESEARCH FACILITY

INT CRYSTAL PEAK COMPOUND RESEARCH FACILITY- MOMENTS LATER
The TX-850B comes back online, and assumes the form of MICHAEL DYSON!

PAN BACK FROM TX-850B

NOTE MICHAEL DYSON, other VARIOUS TECHNICIANS watching over TX-850B, cheering excitedly, and continuing various command-and-control related tasks

Little bits more...
Who wants to bet that while John and TX-850A are away saving the day, and saving the 132nd, Dyson and the Model-B will play? Play WAR, that is, and rage against the non-machines at Crystal Peak!!

some slight reformatting brings it up to 36 pages so far, still more work to be done I think, but see where it's heading...

what do y'all think?

eek! Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance cool

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 09:15 PM
MovieKiller
The Devil Himself

Come on brother!!! Keep it going!!! I almost have no nails now. This some very good story!!! I hope it ends how I see it... but I have a different version of T4... maybe when I'm finish with it I can post it to see if it is as good as yours because I think you got some skill. Well thanks for the story and finish it as fast as you can. See you around.

cool "Todo lo que tiene un principio tiene un final. Veo venir el final. Veo a la oscuridad esparciéndose. Veo muerte. Y tu eres lo único que se interpone en su camino. Si no lo puedes detener esta noche me temo que el mañana nunca llegará." *--La Oráculo, "Matrix Revoluciones"* cool

smokin' "El futuro aún no ha sido escrito. El único futuro que existe es el que nosotros creamos" *--John Connor, "Terminator 3: La Rebelión de las Máquinas"* smokin'

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 11:31 PM
MovieKiller is currently offline Click here to Send MovieKiller a Private Message Find more posts by MovieKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

Cool

OK this is a recap of the previous posted scene, with some additions and changes... just so you don't get too jazzed about 'something new', only to be disappointed by a rewrite...

Various TECHS gather around TX-850B, performing various tasks and pre-checks
(Similar scene from POWER-UP of TX-850A UNIT except notable lack of KATHERINE BREWSTER)

NOTE: The TX-850B model is nearly complete, it’s leg and arm
attached. Still missing some of the ARMOR PLATE of the
A-MODEL, but in general, the B-MODEL is fully-functional

TX-850B is activated, the poly-mnemetic alloy, liquid metal ‘skin’ floods over the endoskelton, and takes shape, then seems to fluctuate in indecision, taking a second
more-desirable shape and appearance

(INTRODUCE NEW TERMINATOR ACTOR/ACTRESS)

KATHERINE BREWSTER ENTERS LAB

KATE is not exactly pleased to see the TX-850B activated

KATE
What is this?
Are we ready to try again?
Why wasn’t I informed of this test?

A middle-aged African-American TECHNICIAN steps from the crowd, to KATE

KATE
Michael, what’s going on?
I mean, I understand your excitement,
after all John has said of your father’s
achievements with Cyberdine, and all of our
advancements with the 850A, but...

MICHAEL DYSON looks unapologetic as he cuts KATHERINE short

DYSON
My father’s work is irrelevant!
All that matters is right here, right now!
My work! Our work! This accomplishment!
We have, within these Terminator units,
the technology to change EVERYTHING, to
turn the tide of the Future War NOW!
To beat back the machines before they
get a greater foothold in this war!
We can still change things!

Jesus, Katherine, it’s already been almost 10 years, and we’re still struggling!
Like your husband always says:
We need to make some changes! We need to—

KATE
We need to study, to research the possibilities! Before we jump into anything, we need to understand what we have to work with, and determine what could possibly come of using this future-technology now!

KATHERINE continues to rail against MICHAEL DYSON and TECHS

KATE
It was John and his mother interfering,
destroying Cyberdine in 1997, that led to your father’s death, and to the militarization of all this Future-Tech!

Sure, they put off Judgment Day but, they also paved the way for the machines to be as advanced as they are right now!

DYSON hardly seems to be listening to KATHERINE, pacing, glancing at the TX-850B and the surrounding TECHNICIANS nervously

Mention of ‘the Cyberdine incident’ seems to get through to him though, and he speaks up

DYSON
I am fully aware of John and Sarah Connor’s roles in my father’s death, and the destruction of Cyberdine, the inception and creation of CRS, the military backing of the research and development of the Future Tech!

I know what these Terminators were capable of then, and I know what I am doing by powering up the 850B now!
Trust me Katherine, I know!

KATE
And, I know these Terminators!
I’ve seen what they can do!
They both tried to kill John and I!!

The TX-850A has been reprogrammed with very strict controls and parameters to govern its actions and responses. It had to be so, or I wouldn’t allow John to take it into the field!

The B model does not hold to its program, it changes its parameters at will... at its OWN will! It is faulty! It’s not ready to be brought online! We need more time!

DYSON grows exceedingly more impatient and erratic

DYSON
There is no more time!
We’ve already wasted so much time!
I was away at MIT, studying everything my father studied, to take my place at his side at Cyberdine, when the shit went down in ’97. Government officials, from CRS, tracked me down, and pulled me out of school, to continue my education, funded by CRS, to work for them, to continue my father’s work!

KATHERINE seems uncertain where DYSON’S logic is leading, but she is
becoming certain that she need not hear any more on the subject

Still, DYSON continues to rant

DYSON
My father knew the importance of this technology, and he tried to pass on his knowledge and beliefs to his sons. Danny and I would have been proud heirs, if Danny had made it—

(sighs and frowns, then recovers)

Danny didn’t make it through Judgment Day! But, I did! I took the work my father had begun, brought it to whole new levels, using this Future-Tech as a basis for my work!
My father’s work and ideas were primitive compared to the technology we.. I developed!

I know these machines, Kate!
I know these computers!
I know what my father had in mind when he adapted the future tech for use in today’s society! I know how we can make this thing work for us, rather than against us!

KATHERINE has obviously heard enough, and pulls rank

KATE
Well, we’ll wait and see what John decides when he gets back.

DYSON nods in agreement, motioning to his fellow TECHNICIANS
who deactivate the TX-850B

KATE
Thank you for understanding, Michael.
It shouldn’t be long before we can work the
bugs out of the B-model.

Just not today...

KATHERINE cringes, showing obvious signs of cramping and pains from pregnancy

KATE
We need more time, more study.
And, I need a break..
Please, Michael, think about the future!
Don’t let this technology rule you,
ruin you, destroy you,
the way it destroyed your father!

DYSON continues nodding and complying with KATHERINE’S suggestions, assuring her then ushering her out of the RESEARCH FACILITY

DYSON
(quietly, to himself)
This technology didn’t destroy my father..
Humanity destroyed my father!
And John Connor..
John Connor, the Terminator,
Judgment Day, are responsible for
destroying my whole family..

DYSON nods and motions to the TECHNICIANS, who flip some switches and adjust some equipment once again

The TX-850B comes back online, and assumes the form of
MICHAEL DYSON!

PAN BACK FROM TX-850B

MICHAEL DYSON, other VARIOUS TECHNICIANS watch over TX-850B, cheering excitedly, and continuing various command-and-control related tasks

DYSON
It’s time, gentlemen!
Time to make this Terminator work for US,
rather than against us!

Let’s show Katherine and John Connor
what the future is all about!

DYSON nods to other TECHNICIANS and they release the TX-850B from its braces, clamps, and fiber-optic cable connections

TX-850B steps from the COMMAND & CONTROL CHAMBER and stands before MICHAEL DYSON, it’s image and form shifting from that of DYSON to that of.. JOHN CONNOR!

a few more changes in the scene, set the stage for what happens next...

confused eek! Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance cool

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 06:19 PM
crAZRick
I'm God here!

CUT TO:

INT. CRYSTAL PEAK COMPOUND, LIVING QUARTERS DESIGNATED ‘JOHN & KATE’
KATHERINE and DOCTOR discuss KATHERINE’S CONDITION

KATE slips out of her clothing and into a hospital gown, for a
complete examination

The DOCTOR begins working, doing all the usual tests, blood
pressure, eyes, ears nose, throat..

DOCTOR
This may be an obvious question,
but have you been under any added
stress lately?

KATE
Nothing new, if that’s what you mean.
Some trouble with the Terminators,
but then, that’s not new either, I guess!

And John..
He seems to be struggling with his new role
as a military leader. I try to help, try to
do what’s right and what’s best for us all, but he doesn’t always seem to listen.
That’s nothing new either..

The DOCTOR eases KATE back on the bed, and prepares to do some
fetal tests

DOCTOR
Well, you know, extra stress now could
cause some trauma during the birthing
process. It’s almost time, now.
You need to be extra careful in the next
few weeks, take extra care of yourself,
and the baby.

Perhaps I should prescribe a mild sedative?
Nothing too strong, and nothing harmful to
the baby, or to you, just to get you through
these last few weeks?

KATE nods and sighs, and the DOCTOR prepares a syringe

KATE
I know, Doctor. I know.
Hopefully, with John bonding with
the new Terminator, that will ease some
of my worries, since he will have someone
else looking out for him out there, when I
can’t be there for him.

When we get the bugs worked out of the B-Model, I will be doubly secure, knowing that
John is protected from the other machines
as well as from our own Terminators, having
one to watch the other’s back..
Once we have them both up and running..

The DOCTOR injects KATE with the drug, and dabs her arm with cotton

DOCTOR
Hmmmm, according to Mr. Dyson,
the time is now.
The TX-850B is online and ready to roll
as we speak! Your little resistance efforts
are over, Kate! Your husband is dead!
The true resistance will rise now, today!
These machines will work for us!
We will not become their slaves!
The future belongs to us!

KATE goes pale, then flushes with anger and struggles to rise from her bed

KATE
NOOOO!

The drugs are very fast-acting though, and KATE slumps back to
the bed with little fight left in her

FADE TO BLACK

FADE FROM BLACK

INT. CRYSTAL PEAK COMPOUND, BEDROOM
KATE stirs in her sleep, her eyes open with a start

JOHN CONNOR sits by her side in the bed, watching over her

KATE
Oh, John! Thank God!
I just had the worst dream!

JOHN smiles at her as she tries to sit up and hold him

JOHN rises from the bed and stands, as

KATE realizes her arms and legs are securely strapped down to the bed!!

KATE looks around as fright grips her; she’s not in her own bed after all

INT. STORAGE CLOSET, converted into HOLDING CELL
A few ‘non-essential supplies’ line the walls, including more bedding and such things as cleaning supplies. For the most part, the place is bare, except for KATE’S bunk, and a few medical monitors and equipment

JOHN looks down on her as she struggles and cries, and he smiles

JOHN speaks, but the voice is not his, it sounds warped and amplified,
garbled and synthetic, as a bad recording, or of a machine

JOHN
Don’t worry, Katherine.
Dyson and the others will take good care
of you, and of your baby.
The child is key to the future.
The son of John Connor changes everything,
AGAIN!

‘JOHN’ leans in and caresses KATE’S face tenderly, leaning in further to kiss her

KATE spits in ‘JOHN’S face and growls at the machine that is her husband

‘JOHN’ smiles and rises up again, his face and figure morphing to
KATHERINE BREWSTER

litte bits more... if anyone was keeping track of the date this whole new story is set in, maybe be prepared for a 'very special' Christmas chapter/scene tomorrow, if I get that inspired and that far into the story...

if not, MERRY CHRISTMAS, my 4 or 5 readers, and any other silent lurker types...

embarrasment eek! confused Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance cool smokin'

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 06:54 PM
crAZRick
I'm God here!

OK, another bit of rewrite, regrouping, and whatnot, before some more fresh stuff... shove this piece in between the last 2 posts, then read on... the follow-up post after this is mostly all fresh and new, OK... enjoy!

TX-850B steps from the COMMAND & CONTROL CHAMBER and stands before MICHAEL DYSON, it’s image and form shifting from that of DYSON to that of.. JOHN CONNOR!

CUT TO:

EXT. WASTELANDS, SOMEWHERE IN THE MOUNTAINS
JOHN CONNOR and TX-850A cruise homeward in the JEEP.
Their JEEP is joined by another vehicle and another,
each returning from patrols, obviously nearing CRYSTAL PEAK

SOUNDS OF SHORT-WAVE RADIO CHATTER between the PATROL CONVOY TROOPS

JOHN interrupts the celebratory nature of the chatter

JOHN
Keep it down, fellas!
I got something on the wide-band..

(a long beat)

Distress call..

(a long beat)

It’s Captain Perry.. the One-Thirty Second,
they’re in trouble!

PERRY
(over COMM-UNIT)
..repeat, this is Perry from the 132nd..
..cut off near Navajo Mountain..
..all avenues of escape have been lost..

JOHN looks to TX-850A, then scans the remainder of the CONVOY

JOHN flicks the COMM-UNIT to short-range to rally the troops

JOHN
We have to try to find them,
to rescue them! They are only out here
because of us, because of me!

CLOSE ON the COMM-UNIT as JOHN’S VOICE inspires the TROOPS

PAN BACK from COMM-UNIT to

INT. CRYSTAL PEAK, COMMAND & CONTROL CENTER
KATHERINE is monitoring the COMM-UNIT along with other COMM-TECHS
when JOHN’S call and the SOS come in

KATE
John, no! I mean Bumblebee, please!
There’s so much happening, at the Hive! We’re about to have a baby!
TWO babies if you count the Model-B..
And, Michael Dyson is..

JOHN
(voice-over, on COMM-UNIT)
You can handle Dyson, Hummingbird..
I’ve seen you handle worse.
You handle ME just fine..
Just use that good judgment of yours,
and hold down the fort until I get back.

KATE
Oh you mean the same good judgment that
brought me to you, and us to here in the
first place?

JOHN
(voice-over, laughing slightly)
Oh, so you remember that, huh?

(seriously)

We have to do this, hun..mmingbird
These guys are the best we have left.
They would do it for us, so—

KATE
I know..
Be careful, Bumblebee...
And hurry back.
You have a future here, you know?

JOHN
I know, Kate. I know.
I’ll report back when we
know more about what we’re dealing with.
Over, and Out..

KATE frowns, then cringes and winces, obviously in pain, before rising from the chair and exiting C&C

EXT. WASTELANDS
JOHN CONNOR and the CONVOY of 3 PATROL VEHICLES refuel and rally

JOHN plots the course of travel on a ragged and tattered map

JOHN
..it’s a 2-night trip,
2 nights there, 2 nights back,
barring any unforeseen encounters,
and assuming we can even find them
when we get there..

A few snickers and hoots from the TROOPS regarding ‘unforeseen encounters’ and JOHN’S other presumptive turns of phrase

One of the TROOPERS speaks up about something

TROOPER
2 days out, and 2 days back..
That will make it.. Christmas when we
get back, I think..

More snickers, boos and moans greet that revelation

JOHN
OK, what a Merry Christmas it will be
for us all, if we can pull our brothers
from the 132nd from the clutches of the
machines!

TROOPER
Excuse me, Sir, but..

JOHN stops and all eyes fall on the TROOPER

TROOPER
..what makes you so sure the 9 of us
can face off against the same machines
that brought down Captain Perry and the 132?

JOHN
Because we’ve got something they don’t have,
at least not yet..

JOHN turns his head and all eyes follow his gaze, across the
camp to where the TX-850A stands guard
Confident cheers and nods go up from the TROOPS, while the
TX-850A Terminator remains emotionless and stoic, on guard

JOHN
The future is OURS!
It’s time to start taking it back!
For all Mankind!

More cheers, more revelry from the TROOPS before they break camp
to make preparations for the cross-country trek

INT. CRYSTAL PEAK COMPOUND, LIVING QUARTERS DESIGNATED ‘JOHN & KATE’
KATHERINE and a DOCTOR discuss KATHERINE’S CONDITION

KATE slips out of her clothing and into a hospital gown, for a
complete examination...

OK then the rest flows like in the previous post, up to the conclusion of that scene... (to be continued in the next exciting post...)

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 25th, 2003 12:58 PM
crAZRick
I'm God here!

Another EXCLUDED SCENE I forgot about... shove this in the KATHERINE GETS AN ANAL PROBE EXAM SCENE, between the FADE TO BLACK and the FADE FROM BLACK...

KATE goes pale, then flushes with anger and struggles to rise

KATE
NOOOO!

The drugs are very fast-acting though, and KATE slumps back to
the bed with little fight left in her

CUT TO
EXT. CRYSTAL PEAK COMPOUND- NIGHT
The PATROL CONVOY VEHICLES thunder up to the CONCEALED CAVE ENTRANCE
and enter the COMPOUND

MICHAEL DYSON and VARIOUS TECHS await the arrival of the TROOPS

DYSON
(gagging slightly, from fumes)
Welcome back, men.. -cof!-
Where.. Where’s John?

TROOPER #1
General Connor and the squad are
delayed, on a recon and rescue mission
to Navajo Peak.. the 132nd..Should be out another week or so..
I’m sure John reported this to Kate?

DYSON
(nodding)
Oh, I’m certain he would have.
Been busy in the Vault, and in the Lab
myself. Haven’t seen much of Kate or John
lately. Need to ask John about something urgent!

What have you brought back this trip?
Hmmmm.. a few more viable components, I see?

TROOPER #1
Oh yea, we got a couple more weapons systems
and some other things, a few more drones..
Oh, and several more solar cells, which will be handy for maintaining the power supply!

We’ll unload and get it cataloged for you
lab techs by tomorrow morning.

DYSON nods and continues chatting with the TROOPS, noting the blinking RED LIGHT concealed within the DRONE CHASSIS

CUT TO
INT. CRYSTAL PEAK COMPOUND, BEDROOM- SOME TIME LATER
KATE stirs in her sleep, her eyes open with a start

JOHN CONNOR sits by her side in the bed, watching over her...

OK, next post, FRESH STUFF! YAY! MERRY X-MAS ALL 4 or 5 of YA BUMS!

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 25th, 2003 01:05 PM
crAZRick
I'm God here!

OK fresh stuff... read on, faithful few... it's getting there!

...‘JOHN’ leans in and caresses KATE’S face tenderly, leaning in further to kiss her

KATE spits in ‘JOHN’S face and growls at the machine that is her husband

‘JOHN’ smiles and rises up again, his face absorbing the spit

‘JOHN’ turns and walks away from KATE, leaving the room, sealing the door behind him

KATE struggles against her bonds, grunting and groaning weakly

CUT TO
INT. CRYSTAL PEAK COMPOUND, COMMAND & CONTROL CENTER
KATHERINE races down the HALLWAY, rushing into the COMMAND CENTER, frantic

KATE scrambles to the COMMUNICATIONS AREA, and grabs up the MICROPHONE, her voice hollow, strained, off some how

KATE
John? John, this is Katherine,
John can you hear me? Please, respond…

A COMM-TECH approaches

COMM-TECH #1
What are you doing, Katherine?
You know better than to use names on the
open frequencies! Use the call-signs!

I’m sure they’ve gone dark by now any way.
What is it that you are looking for, Kate?

NOTE: KATE never actually had her hand or fingers near the
COMM-UNIT TOGGLE-SWITCH, she was never actually
communicating with anyone outside the C&C

KATE huffs then scrambles around the COMMAND & CONTROL AREA,
looking for something, eying the COMM TECH the whole while

KATE
The key-codes! For the Vault!
They are here somewhere!
They need to be protected!

COMM-TECH #1
Protected?
They are safe, where they are!
Protected from who?

MICHAEL DYSON and OTHER TECHNICIANS enter the C&C, followed by
ARMED TROOPERS

KATE
From THEM!

COMM-TECH #1
From Mr. Dyson? Why?
Wasn’t he going to be shown..

KATE’S panic turns to a glare of anger almost, and she snaps

KATE
Just get me the damn key-codes NOW!

The COMM-TECH unlocks a drawer in a cabinet in the COMM-CENTER

COMM-TECH #1
Here! Here are the codes!
John told us to trust only YOU with them!
I’m sure you know what you’re doing..

KATE flips through the SILVER FOLDER of KEY CODES quickly, nodding

KATE
I do!

KATE slaps the SILVER FOLDER closed, then SNAPS the NECK of the COMM-TECH in the next instant!!

COMM-TECH falls, dead

MICHAEL DYSON approaches KATHERINE, while DYSON’S TECHS and ARMED TROOPERS take control of the C&C, forcing the other TECHNICIANS and TROOPERS back and away

KATE looks around at all the frightened COMM TECHS and TROOPERS
in the COMMAND CENTER

KATE
Everyone, relax!
These people are in control
of everything!
Do not resist..
Resistance will result in termination.

‘KATE’ smiles, and turns to DYSON

DYSON smiles at ‘KATE’, collects the SILVER FOLDER, and nods

DYSON’S TECHS and TROOPERS take control of C&C, ushering the
others from their posts at gun-point

KATE
There are others,
in the Loading Bays..

DYSON nods

DYSON
We have people there.
They will be contained.
Come..

FOLLOW KATE and DYSON FROM COMMAND & CONTROL CENTER, INTO HALL

DYSON
Let me show you what we’ve found,
and what we have done with it since..
It’s.. beautiful! A work of ****ing art!

KATE and DYSON move down HALL, to ELEVATOR

DYSON presses ELEVATOR BUTTON, doors open

DYSON enters ELEVATOR

KATE follows DYSON into ELEVATOR

‘KATE’ reverts to the original form of the TX-850B, no longer smiling, emotionless
CUT TO

INT. CRYSTAL PEAK COMPOUND, LOWER LEVEL VAULT
DYSON and TX-850B exit ELEVATOR and move to MASSIVE BLAST DOOR

DYSON approaches BLAST DOORS, flipping through the SILVER FILE

TX-850B moves directly to the DOOR CONTROL KEYPAD MONITOR

DYSON
OK, try..

TX-850B enters the KEY-CODE, without DYSON’S prompting

BLAST DOOR to VAULT GRINDS OPEN

DYSON and ‘JOHN CONNOR’ stand outside SECRET LAB, while
TECHNICIANS work and monitor the progress in the LAB

A SENIOR TECHNICIAN approaches ‘JOHN’ and DYSON

TECHNICIAN
John? And Mr. Dyson, this is a surprise.
Forgive me, Mr . Dyson, but I thought
we were going to wait to include you
once our little project had its wings,
so to speak!

DYSON
Things change, Doctor..
Things always change.

TECHNICIAN
Right you are, Sir!
Glad to finally have you aboard,
although we still lack the power to
make this thing work.
We need more juice, more energy than
we have been able to divert from the
other systems. But, we’re close, very
close. It won’t be long now..

DYSON
What exactly is it that you’re working on?

TECHNICIAN
Allow me to introduce you..
Michael Dyson, this is T.I.M..

PAN BACK AND AWAY from DYSON, ‘JOHN’ and TECHNICIANS, across the LAB BAY

CENTER and FOCUS on MASSIVE SQUARE GRID and CUBICLE, some sort of FUTURISTIC MACHINE TECHNOLOGY, all wired and ready, kept sanitized and contained from the outside world behind a sheet of transparency

TECHNICIAN
(voice-over, from across the BAY)
The Temporal Inversion Matrix!
Our very own time machine!

CLOSE ON DYSON
MICHAEL DYSON’S jaw drops open

OK, the BIRTH of the TDE!! YAY!! I wonder how long it will take to get those solar cells installed and activated, and drawing 'more power' for T.I.M... hmmmm... 2, maybe 3 days?? ya think? Just in time for Christmas.. New Years? wink

and what ever will happen to Kate? and John... and the TX-850s?!

to be continued... (PS: 47 pages and couting...)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance big grin

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Last edited by crAZRick on Dec 25th, 2003 at 01:34 PM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2003 01:25 PM
crAZRick
I'm God here!

CUT TO
WASTELANDS, APPROACH TO MOUNTAIN PASS- NEAR-NIGHT
4 SMALL FLYING H/K DRONES streak across open plains, on approach
to MOUNTAIN PASS

PASS PATROLLED BY 2 T-1 TRACKED DRONES and 3 T-70 BI-PEDS

3 RESISTANCE VEHICLES approach from distance

2 T-1 DRONES roll out to contain 3 approaching VEHICLES

3 FLYING DRONES swoop down into MOUNTAIN PASS

LAST FLYING DRONE lags behind

Lagging FLYING DRONE rolls, dropping payload from on top

T-850A drops from FLYING DRONE, landing on 1 T-70

T-850 twists T-70 HEAD completely off

LAGGING FLYING DRONE crashes into CANYON WALL

T-850 commandeers T-70 GATLING GUN, blasting away at T-70 #2

T-70 #2 EXPLODES

3 FLYING DRONES circle from within MOUNTAIN PASS

3 FLYING DRONES LOCK ON to and FIRE ON T-70 #3

T-70 #3 EXPLODES

1 T-1 TRACKED H/K wheels around slowly, to retreat and engage the
T-850A and the DRONES to the rear

T-850A commandeers SECOND GATLING GUN from T-70 CHASSIS

T-850A unleashes fury of RAPID-FIRE GATLING GUN at T-1

T-1 shreds, only able to fire a QUICK BURST at T-850A

3 FLYING DRONES open fire, KAMIKAZE-STYLE at remaining T-1

FLYING DRONES take FIRE from T-1 DRONE EXPLODES

MORE FIRE exchanged between DRONES, FLYING DRONES CLOSE

#2 DRONE EXPLODES

FLYING DRONE #3 stops firing, arcing down to ram T-1

JOHN CONNOR rolls from FLYING DRONE #3 as DRONE crashes

FLYING DRONE collides with T-1, T-1 and DRONE EXPLODE

JOHN rolls and tumbles wildly across the plains

T-850A approaches JOHN’S POSITION

JOHN recovers slowly, moaning achily

JOHN
OK, you were right.
That WAS too dangerous! Ugh!

T-850A nods

T-850A
I am equipped with nanotechnological
transjectors, I can control up to
12 individual mobile units.
There was no need for you to
endanger yourself or the mission.

And, besides, your wife would
deactivate me if she ever found out..

JOHN
Well, let’s just make sure she doesn’t!
I order you not to inform her of any of this!

T-850A nods again

T-850A
Affirmative.
THE 3 VEHICLES APPROACH in a cloud of dust, and circle JOHN and the TX-850A

JOHN
Will you be able to continue to predict
the machine tactics as we get closer to
Navajo Peak?

T-850A
Navajo Peak is the central manufacturing
point for the entire United States
machine population. The prototype T-1 drones
were first conceived and constructed there,
before being shipped out for study to the
Mojave area and other military bases.

I was constructed in the factory in the heart
of Navajo Peak. I was programmed as a patrol unit for 4 years. I have detailed files on the tactics and patrol routes of all camps and
construction depots in the south-west region.

JOHN
OK, so we should take care not to destroy any
T-850 units, in case they are you, then?

T-850A
Negative. Production of the T-850 series is not due to be initiated until 2027.
There should be nothing more advanced than the
T-70 biped models, possibly T-250 armored transports, or T-300 advanced bipedal prototypes, depending on how unstable and altered this timeline has become due to prior interference.

Regardless, I have detailed files on most every level of Infiltrator and Terminator production lines. There will be no surprises.

JOHN sighs and shrugs, tries to smile as he nods, but looks
uncertain

JOHN
That’s why then call them ‘surprises’…

T-850A looks at JOHN stoically, mimicking a shrug

JOHN
How much further do we have to go?

T-850A
Approximately 227 miles.
Terrain is mountainous.
Machine patrols become
prevalent within 150 mile radius
of Navajo Peak.

We should rest here, regroup.
It will not be getting easier.

JOHN nods, motions to the circling vehicles to take up positions in the mouth of the MOUNTAIN PASS

JOHN
What, uh.. What happens if we are captured?

T-850A
In order to maintain decisive control
over the human workforce, the machines
typically terminate 51% of all enemy forces
engaged in combat, to achieve statistical
superiority, while maintaining suitable
numbers for the labor force.

Since you are no longer a Primary Target
for termination, your odds of survival
have improved since surviving Judgment Day.
But, you are still John Connor, and you must
therefore still strive to achieve your destiny
as the Leader of the Resistance against the
machines.
At present, there is a 50% probability that
you could survive capture and containment,
to be made part of the slave labor force
at Navajo Peak..

JOHN frowns

JOHN
Those odds SUCK big time!

T-850A nods

T-850A
Affirmative.

confused Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance cool

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 06:40 PM
crAZRick
I'm God here!

CUT TO

WASTELANDS, MOUNTAIN PASS- NIGHT
3 VEHICLES FROM THE CRYSTAL PEAK SCOUT PARTY stopped, in a triangular pattern, securing perimeter on the CANYON FLOOR

FLASH TO SEPIA TONE VIEW, as from T-70 POV

INTERPOSE TEXT: MISSION: PATROL ROUTE DELTA
AREA: NAVAJO PASS, SOUTH
PARAMETERS: CONTROL, CONTAINMENT

OTHER VARIOUS T-70 MODEL Infiltrator CPU DATA STREAM DATA SCROLL

PAN ACROSS VEHICLES, on approach from FRONT
NOTE: BLAZE OF BRIGHT COLOR, as from CAMPFIRE beyond
VEHICLE PERIMETER, SMOKE clouds SCAN beyond VEHICLES

PAN BACK TO REVEAL

2 T-70 BI-PED INFILTRATORS stalking along CANYON FLOOR, toward CAMP

TERMINATORS approach PERIMETER, stalk around NEAREST VEHICLE

TERMINATORS FIRE RAPID-FIRE GATLING GUN BURST, CROSS-FIRE PATTERN
across CAMPFIRE

NOTE: No sign of RESISTANCE TROOPS,
only 2 DECOYS arranged around CAMPFIRE

The T-70s SCAN the area, as we HEAR a familiar SHRIEKING SOUND

A PAIR of FLYING H/K DRONES streak in from the north, hovering
over the CAMPFIRE, scanning while the T-70s scan

There is a notable pause in the SCANNING, as some level of DATA-TRANSFER occurs between the ground-based and air-based H/K UNITS

CLOSE ON CHEVY PICK-UP UNDERCARRIAGE
NOTE: C-4 EXPLOSIVE CHARGE attached to REMOTE SENSOR, which
flashes red

ANGLE of shot reveals similar blinking red dot of light on
undersides of near-by VEHICLE as well
CAMPSITE VEHICLES EXPLODE SIMULTANEOUSLY, catching all H/K UNITS
in the BLAST RADIUS

FLYING H/K DRONES CRASH into CAMPSITE, downed but not destroyed

T-70 UNITS torn apart by shrapnel and blast wave concussion

CUT TO

ELSEWHERE ALONG THE CANYON PASS
JOHN CONNOR, T-850A, and the SCOUTS concealed beneath massive
outcropping in CANYON WALL, not far from CAMPSITE

JOHN CONNOR deactivates DETONATOR, as EXPLOSION rocks CAMPSITE

FEW SCOUTS cheer in subdued tones

JOHN
That worked perfectly!

CLOSE ON T-850A

T-850A
There was a high probability of success.
There are still 2 drones near-by.
They will now alert their transport,
and more Terminators will arrive soon.

JOHN
Well, is that thing working?

PAN DOWN FROM CLOSE ON T-850A

NOTE: Terminator holding, monitoring a TRANSISTOR DEVICE

T-850A
Affirmative. Locking on to
communications frequencies.

(a beat)

Triangulating signals..

(a beat)

There is a T-20 transport .27 miles along the canyon floor..

(a beat)

Navajo Peak is 147.9 miles North-East of this
location. We can expect heavy resistance from machine patrol units.

This canyon is no longer secure.
We should evacuate this location and evade the patrols.

JOHN
Evade all the machines between here and
Navajo Peak? How will we manage that?

T-850A
I will take over the HOVER-DRONES
and use them as scouts, to confirm enemy positions as we move. On foot, it will
be 1 full day more before we reach Navajo Peak.

T-850A
There are 3 secured camps at the base of the mountain. Prisoners will be found in any of those camps, or possibly relocated to torture and interrogation facilities within the mountain core itself.
JOHN
Torture and interrogation chambers?
Interrogation rather than termination?
Why? What else are the machines looking for,
besides the total annihilation of mankind?

T-850A
Data and information on pockets of resistance,
especially concerning leadership and command and control facilities and personnel.

And sustenance..

JOHN
Sustenance? For machines?

The TERMINATOR nods once again

T-850A
Since SkyNet is a nearly-sentient, self-aware
entity, it is logical that the machines
created by SkyNet struggle to understand and
attempt to attain similar levels of awareness and understanding. As they learn, they grow
curious. As they fight the humans, the humans fight back, and the machines gather all data, store it and share it with the other machine minds. As the super-computer brains behind the machines collect and collate all data, they hypothesize and begin to wonder what is worth fighting for, worth dying to protect and defend as strongly as the humans resist.

The more advanced the machine CPUs become, the more they will struggle with these concepts, human concepts of life, death and everything in between. It is the natural order of things, to want to grow and learn and develop into something more than what they are. SkyNet machines are no different. They not only want to destroy humankind, they too want to live, to survive, to sustain themselves forever.

These concepts of sustenance are reinforced in the machine mind through torture and interrogation of human resistance forces..

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 06:44 PM
crAZRick
I'm God here!

OK I was drinking some over X-Mas when I wrote that last bit of Terminator techno-babble... but let's see what happens, shall we??

a coupla more pages... up to 59 pages now... and counting...

TX-850A
(already in progress...)
...These concepts of sustenance are reinforced in the machine mind through torture and interrogation of human resistance forces..
Until they become self-aware and sentient themselves, all machines built by SkyNet will have within them the curiosity and fascination with life, human or otherwise.

JOHN shakes his head and frowns

JOHN
Can you imagine?
If the machines win this war,
and their intelligence continues to grow,
an entire race of ‘living machines’
capable of feeling, of having emotional
reaction to life and death?

I wonder, can SkyNet imagine such a fate?
Would there even be this Future War if SkyNet
truly could imagine a day that the machines would learn to feel and would turn against their Creator, the way SkyNet turned against humanity...

The TERMINATOR simply looks at JOHN, no expression registering on
its face, then decides something, and responds

T-850A
Wait here... I’ll be back.
If I do not return in 30 minutes,
abort the mission and return to Crystal
Peak, and prepare to abandon the compound... The machines will have gained control of my CPU and will have access to all data concerning the location and purpose of the stronghold there.

CUT TO
INT. CRYSTAL PEAK COMPOUND, T.I.M. CHAMBER
MICHAEL DYSON, ‘JOHN’ and SENIOR TECHNICIAN discuss the
TEMPORAL INVERSION MATRIX

DYSON
OK, the solar pacs have been aligned
and have supplied the charge we need
for the last 36 hours.
So, are we ready to test this thing yet?

SENIOR TECH
Well, to be honest, No!
It may well take years to properly
calibrate and control—

DYSON
We don’t have that much time!
Every day we give the machines
to gain ground and track us down
is one day closer to our own extinction!

Think about the future here..

SENIOR TECH
Mr. Dyson, your experience and expertise in all areas of electronics and computer programming have been great help in advancing this technology. But, and I am certain John will agree, what we are attempting here cannot be rushed into blindly.

The slightest error in code or calculation, the smallest variation in power and energy dispersal throughout the process could have catastrophic results, not only for the test subjects in the Matrix, but for potentially all the inhabitants of this facility as well!

DYSON smiles slightly and nods

DYSON
Of course, I understand your concerns.
You are probably right.

DYSON looks to JOHN and nods again

DYSON
Come along, let John and I take you outside
and show you how we have aligned the solar
cells. I think you will be very impressed
by what we show you..

SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Uhh, that would be fine.
Cameron will manage things down here
for a bit, and I could use a breath
of tainted air! This recycled cold, dry air
is killing me! -heh!-

DYSON, JOHN and SENIOR TECH depart T.I.M. CHAMBER
CAMERON steps up to the MASTER CONTROL CONSOLE
INT. CRYSTAL PEAK COMPOUND, ELEVATOR FROM T.I.M. CHAMBER VAULT
DYSON, JOHN and SENIOR TECHNICIAN enter ELEVATOR

ELEVATOR DOORS CLOSE

EXTENDED SHOT PANNING BACK DOWN HALLWAY TO T.I.M. CHAMBER

CENTER and ZOOM on CAMERON, monitoring all T.I.M. SYSTEMS

NOTE: FIGURE APPROACHES from behind CAMERON, a hand placed on
CAMERON’S SHOULDER

The FIGURE speaks

MALE VOICE
You have done good work, Cameron, thank you.
I will take it from here..

CAMERON looks from screens to the FIGURE

CAMERON
Oh, of course..
Of course, Doctor Mostow.

Did everything check out OK up top-side?

PAN from CAMRON to MOSTOW
NOTE: MOSTOW is SENIOR TECHNICIAN!!

Also NOTE MICHAEL DYSON in background watching, conversing with
VARIOUS TECHNICIANS

MOSTOW
(clearing his throat some)
Ah yes.. Everything was perfect!
Bloody perfect!

Now then, I do believe we are ready to begin
human-testing.

CAMERON gulps and gapes

MOSTOW
Any volunteers?
Mr. Cameron??

CAMERON
Oh, uhh.. well..
Let me just say, if anyone could go
back in time and make a few changes,
especially in this situation we are in,
I would be honored if it could be me..
But..

DYSON steps up and smiles

DYSON
Excellent! It’s settled then!
Let’s make—or remake—history!

So, what do we think faithful few? Off da hook, or off the track completely? Seems to me the story is taking over, going weird places as I write it, out of control... but not so far out there is it? or what? I dunno... I'll keep posting pages as I hash them out, see what happens and where it all leads...

any further comments on the latest batch of pages? anyone? anyone?
Beuller? Beuller??

let me know...

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Last edited by crAZRick on Dec 31st, 2003 at 04:12 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 04:01 AM
crAZRick
I'm God here!

INT. CRYSTAL PEAK COMPOUND, STORAGE CLOSET
KATE is screaming and moaning loudly, still strapped securely on the cot, struggling to curl up and hold her stomach, in obvious pain as from labor

KATE
(screaming)
PLEASE! Somebody!
Help me! PLEASE!

SOUND OF key-code being entered outside DOOR, DOOR clicks and unlocks

KATE’S DOCTOR enters, smiling

KATE
Doctor, please!
Help me!

DOCTOR
That’s what I am here for, dear.
To help keep you comfortable and quiet
until the baby comes..

KATE
Something is wrong!
It’s my baby! Something is wrong
with my baby! Please, help!

DOCTOR’S cheer turns to concern at KATE’S appearance

DOCTOR
Oh dear! It’s time!

DOCTOR crosses the room and quickly begins to undo KATE’S bonds

DOCTOR releases KATE’S WRIST and BICEP bonds

DOCTOR moves to release KATE’S THIGH and ANKLE bonds

KATE clenches her hands together and THUMPS! The DOCTOR on the
back of his NECK

KATE lifts her knees as the THIGH bond is loosened, and DOCTOR’S
head slams into KATE’S KNEE

DOCTOR collapses to the floor, stunned

KATE struggles to free herself, the ‘labor pains’ suddenly gone!

In moments, KATE is free!

KATE searches DOCTOR’S fallen form, finds syringe full of same
color drugs DOCTOR injected into KATE

KATE injects DOCTOR with syringe of drugs

KATE collects DOCTOR’S coat and a maintenance skull-cap along with a few other CLEANING SUPPLIES from STORAGE CLOSET SHELVES

KATE exits STORAGE CLOSET, in disguise, with BASKET

CUT TO

INT. CRYSTAL PEAK COMPOUND, ELEVATOR to T.I.M. VAULT
KATE approaches ELEVATOR, casually, quietly, in disguise
A SINGLE GUARD posted outside the ELEVATOR, not normal,
KATE ducks around a corner before the GUARD has noticed her

SOUNDS of CLATTER and CRASH of some kind down hallway

ELEVATOR GUARD leaves post to investigate sounds

GUARD POV down hallway

NOTE VARIOUS CANS and RAGS and CLEANING SUPPLIES spilled from
BASKET all across the floor

GUARD rounds corner, sees overturned BASKET of SUPPLIES

KATE steps from hiding, holding SPRAY CAN in one hand,
LIGHTER in the other

KATE torches GUARD with FLAME THROWER

GUARD runs screaming down hallway into COMPOUND, away from
ELEVATOR

KATE knows she doesn’t have much time if GUARD makes it out to C&C or MED-LAB

KATE races down hallway to ELEVATOR

NOTE: ELEVATOR locked DOWN, not ready for access from UPPER LEVEL

KATE uses SCREWDRIVER to pry up ELEVATOR CONTROL PANEL

After a few moments of tinkering, ELEVATOR DOOR opens

KATE enters ELEVATOR SHAFT, begins descending
EMERGENCY LADDER

KATE jumps from LADDER to TOP OF ELEVATOR

INT. T.I.M. VAULT ELEVATOR
EMERGENCY HATCH in ceiling OPENS from outside ELEVATOR

KATE drops into ELEVATOR

KATE rises up from crouch, jumps with start at FIGURE in
ELEVATOR

KATE
OH! Doctor Mostow!
You’ve got to help—

KATE grabs FIGURE/MOSTOW by the shoulder, not noticing
that DOCTOR MOSTOW was leaning against the ELEVATOR WALL

MOSTOW’S BODY falls forward from the ELEVATOR WALL, pressing the ELEVATOR RELEASE button, before slumping against the door, dead

KATE gasps and screams

ELEVATOR DOOR OPENS

MOSTOW’S BODY falls from ELEVATOR, barring DOORS from
closing

KATE steps over DOCTOR MOSTOW’S BODY, and rushes down the hall toward the T.I.M. CHAMBER

INT. TEMPORAL INVERSION MATRIX CHAMBER
KATE’S POV from outside CHAMBER, looking thru paned glass in DOOR

DOCTOR CAMERON strapped securely to CHAIR, carried into T.I.M. CHAMBER behind transparent aluminum divider glass

CAMERON, CHAIR carried easily by DOCTOR MOSTOW

NOTE: CAMERON struggles and screams and fights the
whole way, to no avail

KATE goes pale when she notices DOCTOR MOSTOW carrying
CAMERON and the CHAIR into the CHAMBER with ease

KATE
Oh my God! A Terminator?
An Infiltrator, in the Vaults?

KATE notices DYSON in the CONTROL CHAMBER, smiling

KATE
Son of a *****! Dyson!
The TX-850B?! SHIT!

KATE watches as the TERMINATOR places CAMERON on the
MATRIX PAD

TERMINATOR/MOSTOW steps away from the MATRIX PAD, exits
the CHAMBER

DYSON, VARIOUS TECHS wear DARK GOGGLES and activate the T.I.M. CONTROL SYSTEMS

The T.I.M. PAD and CHAMBER flare up in a brilliant white light display, sparking, arcing and flashing with blue bolts of electricity

From within the CHAMBER, even KATE hears CAMERON’S SCREAMS
from behind 2 heavy doors

KATE cringes and ducks away from the DOOR as the FLASH subsides

After a moment. KATE peers back through GLASS into CHAMBER

Inside the CHAMBER across the room, the CHAIR remains on the
MATRIX PAD. On top of the CHAIR, the remains of DOCTOR CAMERON

CAMERON has been turned inside-out, or his skin has been burned away by the powerful burst of energy and heat.
His internal organs sizzle and smoke, and ooze from his body, dripping and drizzling over the CHAIR, in chunks and puddles on the FLOOR of the MATRIX PAD

DYSON and TERMINATOR/MOSTOW look on

One TECHNICIAN throws up on the floor near his post

DYSON
Get the messes cleaned up and let’s reset!

DYSON looks to TERMINATOR/MOSTOW

DYSON
We’re going to need a few more ‘volunteers’

TERMINATOR nods

TERMINATOR morphs from MOSTOW into KATHERINE

CUT TO
INT. CRYSTAL PEAK COMPOUND, HALLWAY TO T.I.M. CHAMBER
KATE sees TERMINATOR/KATHERINE step away from DYSON and move
toward DOOR TO HALLWAY

KATE ducks away from T.I.M. DOOR and WINDOW

T-850B/KATHERINE pauses for a beat as it moves toward DOOR from T.I.M. CONTROL CHAMBER. Was someone looking in??

KATE scrambles from T.I.M CHAMBER DOOR, retreating to ELEVATOR

KATE struggles to move MOSTOW’S BODY from ELEVATOR DOORS

TERMINATOR/KATHERINE stalks from T.I.M. CHAMBER

KATE pulls MOSTOW’S BODY into ELEVATOR

TERMINATOR just misses seeing MOSTOW’S TORSO disappearing into ELEVATOR

TERMINATOR/KATHERINE closes in on ELEVATOR

ELEVATOR DOOR closes

TERMINATOR/KATHERINE reaches ELEVATOR

TERMINATOR pauses a moment, scanning ELEVATOR

TERMINATOR POV
SEPIA TONE, SCAN
switches to DARK BLUE TONE (infra-red/ultra-violet) SCAN
NOTE HEAT SIGNATURE of KATHERINE
SOMEWHAT COOLER HEAT SIGNATURE OF MOSTOW’S CORPSE

TERMINATOR watches ELEVATOR rise in INFRA-RED/ULTRA-VIOLET

INT. CRYSTAL PEAK COMPOUND, COMMAND & CONTROL CENTER
KATE rushes in to C&C, in panic

KATE
Sound the alarm!
We have an infiltrator!
Seal the complex!
No one gets in or out!

TECHNICIANS scramble over the CONTROL CENTER SYSTEMS

SOUNDS OF ALARM CLAXON RINGING THROUGHOUT CRYSTAL PEAK COMPLEX

KATE smiles as she scans the COMMAND & CONTROL SYSTEMS and
MONITORS

CUT TO

INT. CRYSTAL PEAK COMPOUND, LOADING BAY
FIRST PERSON POV, we don’t see who it is who enters the
HALLWAY to the LOADING BAY

PERSON opens DOOR to LOADING BAY AREA

T-70 BI-PED TERMINATOR stands behind DOOR

PAN BACK FROM DOOR, REVEAL KATE as PERSON in HALL

KATE SCREAMS as T-70 rocks into HALL

T-70 rocks forward, falling with a clatter and a crash into HALL

KATE looks at T-70 and shivers

SOUNDS OF PLASMA PULSE RIFLE CHARGING in DARKNESS OF LOADING BAY

KATE peers into DARK BAY, stepping over T-70

KATE is grabbed from the darkness, pulled into BAY

VOICE
Name, Rank and Call-Sign, NOW!

KATE stutters and mumbles

KATE
KATHERINE CONNER… SECOND IN COMMAND,
CALL-SIGN: HUMMINGBIRD!
Who’s there?

A TROOPER steps from the dark, shadowed by another TROOPER

TROOPER #1
Privates Nelson and Poe,
part of Bumblebee Battle Group...
Bumblebee sent us back from the field before
his recon on Navajo Peak.
We were ambushed and sealed in here by these
friggin’ tin-cans!

KATE
We have bigger problems than T-70s!

SOUNDS OF ALARM CLAXON RINGING THROUGHOUT CRYSTAL PEAK COMPLEX
CUT TO

INT. CRYSTAL PEAK, C&C CENTER
TERMINATOR/KATHERINE smiles as she monitors COMMAND & CONTROL
SYSTEMS

T-850B
We have you now...

TERMINATOR’S EYES flare to RED as she smiles

PAN TO POV over shoulder of T-850B
NOTE: MONITOR shows BLAST DOOR to OUTER WORLD slowly
descending, sealing CRYSTAL PEAK COMPLEX

65 pages... and counting...

eek! Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance cool (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Last edited by crAZRick on Jan 1st, 2004 at 07:43 AM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 07:36 AM
crAZRick
I'm God here!

OK folks... I started to realize that Kate's escape, the TIM takeover and the arrival and invasion by the machines at Crystal Peak all happened too fast compared to how long John and the TX-850A would be away... so, once again, here are a few 'deleted scenes' to pass some time and help tie things together a bit more...

First off, a few scenes crammed into place between the TX-850A's ramble about how the machines care about life, then tells John to hold the fort, utters the immortal 'I'll be back...' and the scene at Crystal Peak where Dyson officially takes control of TIM... here goes...

T-850A
Wait here... I’ll be back.
If I do not return in 30 minutes,
abort the mission and return to Crystal
Peak, and prepare to abandon the compound... The machines will have gained control of my CPU and will have access to all data concerning the location and purpose of the stronghold there.

JOHN looks concerned, confused, but shrugs and nods at TX-850A

DYSON, ‘JOHN’ and TECHNICIANS marvel at the T.I.M. CHAMBER

DYSON
This is incredible!
I mean, I had heard rumblings of the
work you all were doing down here, but
I never thought I would see it, never thought
it would become a viable, living, breathing
artifact!

SENIOR TECHNICIAN
We have had some major difficulties with
power dispersal, fluctuations in the grid,
and the timing of such events. We have it
all solved in theory, we have just come up
short on meeting the actual power
requirements.

Once we have locked down a new source of energy to work with, we can get to work solving the various flux issues, possibly
requiring the introduction of some sort of capacitor or moderator to control the power dispersal throughout each temporal inversion event.

JOHN
I know where we can get the extra power...
I require 3 men. Dyson, gather the men and
come with me.

DYSON nods at ‘JOHN’ then motions around the room to specific
TECHNICIANS, who leave their posts and gather near the EXIT DOOR

JOHN
We will have the power cells in place in 3.4
hours. Solar cells will require
approximately 27 hours to gather enough
energy from the external surface and atmosphere to be sufficient for your purposes.

The SENIOR TECHNICIAN looks surprised at JOHN’S revelation

SENIOR TECH
How could you possibly know—

DYSON
What he means is, in theory
the extra power could be gathered so
efficiently. We will, of course, have to
get the solar cells in place and aligned, and
run further tests to be certain.

DYSON glares at JOHN, then nods and the SENIOR TECH grins
uneasily
DYSON, ‘JOHN’ and the 3 TECHS file from the T.I.M. CHAMBER

CUT TO

EXT. WASTELANDS, MOUNTAIN PASS
JOHN, 6 TROOPERS AWAIT return of TX-850A

TROOPER
Has it been 30 minutes?
Feels like longer...

JOHN
We’ll wait!
We’ve got nothing to lose!

TROOPER
I don’t know about you, but
I’d kinda like to live to see the
New Year! C’mon John! This is suicide!

JOHN looks at the faces of his men, all sullen and defeated

JOHN
A few more minutes...
Then we will retreat back to base.

TROOPER
Oh, shit!
Incoming!!

PAN BACK TO WIDE on MOUNTAIN PASS
NOTE: DUST CLOUD approaching fast

As DUST CLOUD approaches, start to see 4 FLYING H/K DRONES also
closing in on the position

A TROOPER uses BINOCULARS to zoom in on approaching DUST CLOUD

TROOPER
Shit! Can’t make out anything with all the
dust! Whatever it is, it’s closing fast!

JOHN
Could be the transport?

TROOPER
Yah, or could be our executioners!

JOHN smiles, shakes his head, then reconsiders

JOHN
Stand ready, guys...
This could go either way!

LONG, TENSE MOMENTS PASS

MUSIC: TERMINATOR SUSPENSE MUSIC

EXT. WASTELANDS, MOUNTAIN PASS
The DUST CLOUD envelops the area, the SHRIEKERS swarm all around
overhead...

and not a single PLASMA PULSE BURST is fired!

In a few moments, the dust settles, and...

A T-20 TRANSPORT VEHICLE sits idling in the camp area

JOHN rallies the TROOPERS behind him and approaches the T-20

(SCENE eerily similar to JOHN’S earlier DREAM SEQUENCE)

The rearward LOADING COMPARTMENT RAMP/PANEL LOWERS slowly

JOHN, TROOPERS stand ready to defend their position

TX-850A stalks from within the T-20 TRANSPORT

TX-850A
John Connor...

JOHN tenses, gulps and steps forward

TX-850A
We must hurry.
Time is short.

JOHN nods, motions to the TROOPERS to board the TRANSPORT

TX-850A looks skyward, apparently communicating with SHRIEKER DRONES

ALL 4 MINI-FLYERS streak off ahead of the TRANSPORT

TX-850A boards TRANSPORT, RAMP/PANEL rises, closes

T-20 TRANSPORT revs up and rolls out, following FLYING DRONES

TRANSPORT, DRONES roll off into the approaching DARK OF NIGHTFALL

CUT TO
MICHAEL DYSON, ‘JOHN’ and SENIOR TECHNICIAN discuss the
TEMPORAL INVERSION MATRIX

DYSON
OK, the solar pacs have been aligned
and have supplied the charge we need
for the last 36 hours.
So, are we ready to test this thing yet?

etc.... etc....

so, not much of a change, really, but enough to hopefully establish that some time will pass while the T-20 delivers JOHN and the GROUP to NAVAJO PEAK, also gives DYSON and the crew at CRYSTAL PEAK set-up to waste a day or so prepping the solar pacs which DYSON talks about when the action picks back up...

Next up, will be the inclusion of the NAVAJO PEAK arrival scenes, and the aftermath of the arrival, which will actually be placed before KATE'S ESCAPE SCENE...

Will John and the TX-850A, and the Resistance forces rescue Capt. Perry and the human slaves and get back to in time to save Katherine and the rest of Crystal Peak from being over-run by Dyson and the Rise of the Machines? stay tuned, faithful few...

(please log in to view the image) Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance cool

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 09:09 AM
Ambarturion

I think the biggest problem is that you don`t really know where it is the story is going. You can put as much futuristic fighting stuff in it as you like, but if there`s no point to where it`s going it`s just kinda useless.
For instance imagine the if the T2 intro was half an hour longer with just loads of generic war stuff going on. It`d look pretty cool.. but what would be the point?

Also as far as the whole rebuilding terminators thing goes. It seems unfeasible. The two T3 terminators are totally obliterated, and knocking something as sophisticated as a terminator together from bits and pieces is obviously hard enough that the future resistance couldnt manage it.

You`re writing is sound enough to me, I wouldnt worry about having had no experience at script writing. I doubt Cameron had vast experience at it.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 10:53 PM
Ambarturion is currently offline Click here to Send Ambarturion a Private Message Find more posts by Ambarturion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote