KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » have u ever built a computer?

have u ever built a computer?
Started by: LeAtHerRFace

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedi Shmedi
NNOOO000000oooooo

Ah what the hell. Mine (which I should be getting any day now) has a Pentium 4 and an Nvidia Geforce 5900 Ultra graphics card, so I can't freakin wait to start playin Halo, Call of Duty, and City of Heroes!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 03:00 PM
Jedi Shmedi is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Shmedi a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Shmedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

quote:
Originally posted by Dexx
what do you mean build? as in buy every part and assemble it yourself?..what's the big deal about that. You don't even get warranty for the whole thing if the guyz at the store don't do the assembling.

the point is to not buy the package deals they sell in stores.. if you dont pick all the parts its not gonna be that good thats the bottom line

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 07:04 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

indeed, and then with the one you bought in the store you can barely insert a decent update roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 10:51 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

quote:
Originally posted by forumcrew
the point is to not buy the package deals they sell in stores.. if you dont pick all the parts its not gonna be that good thats the bottom line

thats another good point yes

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 05:49 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

There are plenty of online stores that specialize in building good computers. The one I bought is from a little known computer company. And it was only about 50 bucks more then if I had bought every part seperately and built it myself.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 06:02 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

^^which one BackFire?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 06:31 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

quote:
Originally posted by LeAtHerRFace
1.its a learning experience
2.its cheaper
3.you get warranty on them separately(retail versions)
4.its exciting

it's sticking a board into another....you practically can't fail...because they only go in designated places on the mother board. what's so exciting?

and it's not cheaper. full made systems cost less, than if you sepparately pick the parts. (at least where i come from)

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 02:05 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Originally posted by KidRock
^^which one BackFire?

www.cyberpowerinc.com is the PC company I bought my pc from.

Last edited by BackFire on Jul 12th, 2004 at 07:29 PM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 05:09 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

i thought it was really cool learning how to put a PC together. I think it's a great learning experience, and just about anyone could do it. All you have to do is take apart an exsisting PC first.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 06:21 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

quote:
Originally posted by forumcrew

i know that....and it's something i was trying to point out.

you pick the parts, but the guyz at the store mount them and give you the central unit with the parts you picked. that's not a package deal..but you still don't build it yourself. and you get a warranty for the whole thing

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 07:35 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

actually dexx it is cheaper for the same quality if it wasnt the stores would lose a lot of money on every computer they sell and i work at a store that sells them and i built mine so i know

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 09:57 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IBTonks

I'm plannin on building mine, caus the one i'm using now sucks! but then, although it's cheaper i still don't have the money to do it, so i'm buying components here and there...only the basics tho, so i don't have to upgrade it by the time i come to building it. But when i do, it's gonna be a kick ass system!

"I know that your hiding things, Using gentle words to shelter me, Your words were like a dream, But dreams could never fool me. Not that easily"

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 07:49 PM
IBTonks is currently offline Click here to Send IBTonks a Private Message Find more posts by IBTonks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth undertake
Jedi Watchman

No but my younger brother Master Revan has.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 10:08 PM
darth undertake is currently offline Click here to Send darth undertake a Private Message Find more posts by darth undertake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythBlazer

i have and im proud of it (at least when it boots up correctly)

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 02:53 PM
MythBlazer is currently offline Click here to Send MythBlazer a Private Message Find more posts by MythBlazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tilien
Straight Jacket Dealer

I started too... then found i didn't have enough money... so i have a half built one... smile

I'm Back!
xD

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 09:11 PM
Tilien is currently offline Click here to Send Tilien a Private Message Find more posts by Tilien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Golden Moon

I built my computer and used g force 5 200 grafics card sound blaster sound card 2 hard drives 80G ram 512 x2 dvd writer and dsl...
anything else?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 09:36 AM
Golden Moon is currently offline Click here to Send Golden Moon a Private Message Find more posts by Golden Moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jamesarcher

I tried to build one, i had it all setup and everything. I closed the case and plugged it into the power, i then turned it on and all that happened is the fan turned slightly...and nothing else. I was upset, then i purchased my current PC which is awesome big grin

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 10:27 AM
jamesarcher is currently offline Click here to Send jamesarcher a Private Message Find more posts by jamesarcher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote