KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » If you could Make a book into a movie, which one would it be?

If you could Make a book into a movie, which one would it be?
Started by: vaya_the_elf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by cal31
I think america would accept them as movies, I mean there's been movies about little kids possesed by the devil and was very popular.

So why did they change the title for the U.S., I've only heard the series called the dark materials, and the book called the Golden Compass, never the Northern Lights.

Big difference between an adult film about possession and an all-ages film about killing God: But nevermind.

The books working title was "The Golden Compass Says..." When the american publishers decided to go ahead they didnt like the fact that Pullman had decided to call the first volume "The Norther Lights" (figuring no dout that most americans wouldnt know what the northern lights were) and simply named it what they liked - also printing it without Pullmans own illustrations.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 04:25 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by Vampy
any terry pratchett book... preferably 'the last hero'
[/sm]

you and your crazy Terry Crapshit obsession...

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 04:26 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

You dont like Terry Prachett?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 05:03 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
You dont like Terry Prachett?

He has a wild imagination - but he's just not funny and his writing style is clumsy and amateurish - so... no.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 05:09 PM
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
He has a wild imagination - but he's just not funny and his writing style is clumsy and amateurish - so... no.

You are the first person I have heard say that Terry Prachett is not funny, and clumsy

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 05:35 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
You are the first person I have heard say that Terry Prachett is not funny, and clumsy

Im unique on so many levels.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 05:50 PM
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Thats a good thing

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 06:02 PM
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Are you serious they changed the name because they didn't think Americans would know what the Northern Lights are? I really doubt that. People are very dumb yes, but I think the majority of people know what they are.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 08:25 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fetcharada
OutrageousBiatch~!

I'd say noughts and crosses by malorie blackman

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 11:47 AM
Fetcharada is currently offline Click here to Send Fetcharada a Private Message Find more posts by Fetcharada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
urthstripe321
Bob

A good movie of Fahrenheit 451

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 08:15 PM
urthstripe321 is currently offline Click here to Send urthstripe321 a Private Message Find more posts by urthstripe321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by urthstripe321
A good movie of Fahrenheit 451

ya never know -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0360556/

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 08:25 PM
Mr Parker

Red Storm Rising and The Cardinal in the kremlin by Tom Clancy.Its a tragedy they have not made movies out of those books yet. mad Especially Red Storm Rising which would be good for a tv mini series. mad

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 09:20 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahael
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would probably have to say the Sword of Shannara. It is similar to Lord of the Rings, but I would like to see it on the big screen.

Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
And she's buying a stairway to heaven

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 09:36 PM
Arahael is currently offline Click here to Send Arahael a Private Message Find more posts by Arahael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by Arahael
I would probably have to say the Sword of Shannara. It is similar to Lord of the Rings, but I would like to see it on the big screen.

I have heard of it.... its on my big list of books to read also..lol
Who knows when I will get to read it because I have lots of other books on my list before it, and also whenever I get the time

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 02:22 AM
urthstripe321
Bob

That's good their making a movie of Fahrenheit 451. The dog chase scene is made for the movies. I hope they don't screw it up.

There are so many Sci-Fi books they can make into movies. A good version of Dune has not come out. Neuromancer would probably make a good movie.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 08:25 PM
urthstripe321 is currently offline Click here to Send urthstripe321 a Private Message Find more posts by urthstripe321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Their are so many good ideas in many books.. but if they made them right is the real worry

quote:
Originally posted by urthstripe321
That's good their making a movie of Fahrenheit 451. The dog chase scene is made for the movies. I hope they don't screw it up.

There are so many Sci-Fi books they can make into movies. A good version of Dune has not come out. Neuromancer would probably make a good movie.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 10:40 PM
Paxelius
bearer of the blue hat

I'd like to make Peter Jackson make a movie of the book Mahabharata, cause it's my favourite and he's the one who could do it.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 01:38 AM
Paxelius is currently offline Click here to Send Paxelius a Private Message Find more posts by Paxelius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Peter Jackson can do anything right.... he is the man

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 03:37 AM
Laviera_j
Kadehadaire_Mage_:)

The Abhorsen series.........and the Sevenwaters Trilogy...........and Spirit Fox!

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

All at the KMC tig! BOPrecruit16,Raven Guardia, charmaine,Exa, Tela,Nabokonir, cheekymunkey,airangel,tassie,ADSkinner,airangel429
,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 05:30 PM
Laviera_j is currently offline Click here to Send Laviera_j a Private Message Find more posts by Laviera_j Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Spirite fox ..does the animal of a fox in it? and if so what part does it have in the book?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 11:43 PM