KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » If you could Make a book into a movie, which one would it be?

If you could Make a book into a movie, which one would it be?
Started by: vaya_the_elf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

re-make: the dead zone, the outsiders. and make movies of the other vampire chronicles books.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 11:24 PM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16
re-make: the dead zone, the outsiders. and make movies of the other vampire chronicles books.

So your into vampire books??? are you into vampire movies as well?

I never was into vampire books because i did not think anyone did them well.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 11:31 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

i would make pendragon

bitches bow down

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 11:34 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

I would be very interested in seeing China Mieville's books (mainly the Scar and P. Street Station) made into movies, they would be quite amazing, in a possibly horrible way.......

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 10:35 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Uh.....any book.....
Hmm....
eek!
Um....
The Odyssey

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 03:01 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laskharis
Not a Goatwife

The last siege of Byzantium. (Not actually a book, but it would be cool.)

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 01:24 PM
Laskharis is currently offline Click here to Send Laskharis a Private Message Find more posts by Laskharis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by Laskharis
The last siege of Byzantium. (Not actually a book, but it would be cool.)

It is not a book, then what is it?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 10:34 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
Peter Jackson can do anything right.... he is the man

Then some movie company needs to get him on the phone and do Tom Clancys Red Storm Rising and make a tv mini series out of it damnit!!! mad Im sure your right,that he could pull it off as well.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 11:33 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Then some movie company needs to get him on the phone and do Tom Clancys Red Storm Rising and make a tv mini series out of it damnit!!! mad Im sure your right,that he could pull it off as well.

I think he researches his stuff more, and works harder. I really want him to do dragonlance.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 04:11 PM
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

hi

I think they should make

Invisible Monster (anyone else read that)
it is by Chuch Palenchuck (sp?)

he is the author of Fight Club -- and some other really great books

Attachment: kerry 1.jpg
This has been downloaded 40 time(s).

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 08:22 PM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Cool I been waiting to answear this question since I joined this site.

The best books to be made into a movie would be "This Present Darkness" and "1984!"
and lets see there is another one that would be good.Oh that is right how about "The Child called it" and that is about it for now.So far the books that I liked that was turn into a movie really stinks.So I am hoping that they wil do a better job with these books!JM Happy Dance

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 03:52 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Re: hi

quote:
Originally posted by MornGlory
I think they should make

Invisible Monster (anyone else read that)
it is by Chuch Palenchuck (sp?)

he is the author of Fight Club -- and some other really great books

Sense its from the same author of fight club, does it have a lot of violence in it?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 02:54 AM
EOWYN3

I've always wanted to see VC Andrew's "Heaven" series done. Maybe not the last book with Heaven's daughter, but the others.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 10:52 AM
EOWYN3 is currently offline Click here to Send EOWYN3 a Private Message Find more posts by EOWYN3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by EOWYN3
I've always wanted to see VC Andrew's "Heaven" series done. Maybe not the last book with Heaven's daughter, but the others.

Have not heard of it.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 01:10 PM
coolboarder98

If at all possibel, it would be cool to see an awesome interpretation of Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick. The book was amazing and it would be interesting to see how Hollywood could put it on the silver screen.

-Robert Plant, The Lemon Song, Led Zeppelin II

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 01:11 PM
coolboarder98 is currently offline Click here to Send coolboarder98 a Private Message Find more posts by coolboarder98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by coolboarder98
If at all possibel, it would be cool to see an awesome interpretation of Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick. The book was amazing and it would be interesting to see how Hollywood could put it on the silver screen.

Is that a horror type of book?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 03:46 PM
Jerico
Generic Badguy

Dragonlance, the Dragons of Winter Twilight (or whatever it is) series would be suitably epic.

Though it would be nearly impossible to pull it off without making it lame arsed and cheesey

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 03:49 PM
Jerico is currently offline Click here to Send Jerico a Private Message Find more posts by Jerico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Re: I been waiting to answear this question since I joined this site.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
The best books to be made into a movie would be "This Present Darkness" and "1984!"
and lets see there is another one that would be good.Oh that is right how about "The Child called it" and that is about it for now.So far the books that I liked that was turn into a movie really stinks.So I am hoping that they wil do a better job with these books!JM Happy Dance

actually there has been a 1984 movie made.You didnt know that?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 04:05 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by Jerico
Dragonlance, the Dragons of Winter Twilight (or whatever it is) series would be suitably epic.

Though it would be nearly impossible to pull it off without making it lame arsed and cheesey

I just love Dragonlance books love, but my favorite are Legends trilogy and chronicles. Any of the dragonlance books would be hard to pull off.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 04:31 PM
star22

1. A Little Princess:All of the current adaptions are nothing like the book. I want one that is faithful.

2. The Hobbit: One of my favorite books

3. The Phantom Tollbooth

4. The Cobra Trilogy by Timothy Zhan

5. the God Emperor of Dune:The fourth book of the series, the only one besides the first that I like

6. Timothy Zhan's Star Wars books: Never going to happen, but would be awesome

7. The Cheney Duvall series by Gilbert Morris

8. The Russians. Not sure of the author, but it is historical fiction.

9. The Foundation books by Asimov

I am the Dark Side~ Sig image by Tracyn

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 06:09 AM
star22 is currently offline Click here to Send star22 a Private Message Find more posts by star22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote