KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Alienware

Alienware
Started by: ZomBiE_HunTER

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KidRock

quote:
Originally posted by BlackMamBA
You know any sites to bulid pcs and ship it to me.

Do you mean like alienware? where you pick the parts and they build it?

www.alienware.com
www.ibuypower.com
www.voodoopc.com
www.falconnw.com
http://www.cyberpowersystem.com

If you just want individual parts shipped to you

www.newegg.com

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 12:47 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Newegg!!! Get the parts and put it together! big grin

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 01:31 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

I dont know how. sad

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 01:53 AM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

sad ... make a friend who's good with computers lol. then go to a computer expo and buy singular parts and have him build it :O

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 11:28 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

building a computer IS NOT HARD.

I used to think it was like impossible, but once you get the basic parts and the tower....then it's all a matter of plugging in the cords to their proper fittings inside the case.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 01:27 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

Idk im going to try to get mah friend friends to help me out.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 01:54 AM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

If you are going to build a computer you should atleast know what you are doing. Dont just readup on it and attempt it. However, it is very simple, and about 300- 500 dollars cheaper than buying one. Again this is somthing that is simple,but complex in the understanfing of what parts are compliable with each other. It isnt the easiest thing finding the parts you need eigther, or atleast at reasonable prices.

As for alienware, my friend has one. Put it this way it is 4,000 dollars for somthing you can get the same abilities for in a standard 1,000 dollar IBM. Yeah the memory and Ram allows you to have anywhere from 6 to 7 games installed on your PC and still get top quality performance. However if you are not a gamer, there is no point in overpaying for somthing you are not going to use. If you are a gamer, but not a career devoted gamer you are just over paying for things you are not going to use. Instead of investing in an alienware, just make sure the Pc has atleast 3 Ghz, 350 mb and you can play any top of the line game with storage and ram to spare. This will cost you atleast 2,000 dollars less.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 02:06 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

Alienwares are expensive but they are top quality...they run very well I have to say.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 02:15 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Yeah, alienware tends to overcharge by a 1 to 2 thousand dollars (or more) for each rig. Ive never heard a customer complaint though

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 02:53 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

If i was rich enough to afford one of them, i am sure i wouldnt complain eigther.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 03:44 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
If i was rich enough to afford one of them, i am sure i wouldnt complain eigther.

I built a comp at Falcon Northwest.com and Voodoo PC and the Alienware is cheaper. I guess building one yourself is the cheapest way but you dont get onsite tech support or any of that jazz.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 04:37 AM
jinXed by JaNx

There different alienware comps you can get. some can be as cheap as 2,000 but the top of the line ones are upwards to five grand. I personally would wait untill the new pentium technology comes out before i would invest in a bank statement that is more than is in my bank. Asia has achieved some mind boggeling breakthroughs in Pc software. some of which that the U.s is now just getting wind of.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 05:02 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lmao.. asian dont have anything on the US technology.. they just copy and try to make it better. Its always been that way

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 07:10 AM
jinXed by JaNx

No they are leadning in computer technoligy. they recently develpoed the fastest computer technology. I mean them japs and slant eyes are smart cats, this was bound to happen. If we dont be carefull they are done gonna sneak up on us and make us all eat rice. Naw im shittin around, no kidding though, Japan is going to be the next power country of the world. Atleast in technology and economy. Maybe one day they will be allowed to have another army. we all know the only reason America is as strong as it is, is because of our military, it sure as shit isnt because of hard workin americans.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 08:04 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Japanese econonmy has been bad for a while now.. and those earthquakes arent helping to patch things up. where are you getting this information from? lol

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 08:31 AM
jinXed by JaNx

what the hell are you talking about? I guess your not very worldly ay? Granted Japan has been having problems with their economy recently, but there GNP is second only to the US.Japan is going through rigged revitalization plans on their economy.their communication,construction,and distribution industries have been sky rocketing since 2001. they have a fast growing economy that always stays consistant. Yes and China has succeeded in gaining the fastest and most advanced computer technology. not that any of this matters,but your last remark made Japan off to be some weak Economy.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 03:12 AM
KidRock

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
No they are leadning in computer technoligy. they recently develpoed the fastest computer technology. I mean them japs and slant eyes are smart cats, this was bound to happen. If we dont be carefull they are done gonna sneak up on us and make us all eat rice. Naw im shittin around, no kidding though, Japan is going to be the next power country of the world. Atleast in technology and economy. Maybe one day they will be allowed to have another army. we all know the only reason America is as strong as it is, is because of our military, it sure as shit isnt because of hard workin americans.

Last I checked the US military was run by hard working americans. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 03:21 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Yes,but i meant the whining, bit*ching, self righteous, holier than though lazy ass citezens. I tried to show that the military is the reason America is as strong as it is. It could be alot more prosperous if some more people had the discipline soldiers have.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 03:24 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

What does Japans economy have to do with Alienware?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 03:24 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Absolutely nothing, it was a debate that came about when i said i would just wait for the next pentium to come.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 03:35 AM