KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch

Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch
Started by: DarkC

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (87): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

This is a great story. It's getting more and more like J.K.'s writing. Keep going.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 02:04 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Thank you, hotsauce. Will do.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 03:06 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

yea its awsome. keep going

Made by the wonderful Barker .. Thanks Darling

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 07:23 AM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Like the sig, hotsauce. Stylish.

They made their way through the crowd, yet again. Ron's parents had arranged for them to meet outside the Gringotts Wizarding Bank, if everyone got separated, along the way.
While jostling through the narrow confines of Diagon Alley, they saw some familiar faces, such as Seamus Finnigan and Ernie Macmillian, coming out of Quality Quidditch Supplies. Others were a great deal less friendly, and Draco Malfoy sneered at them, swaggering out of the Potion-Making Apothecary.
It was high noon when they walked up the steps of the bank. Sure enough, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were there. The latter exhaled an obvious sigh of relief.
"Thank goodness, you lot. I thought that Fred and George might have led you down Knockturn Alley for a moment."
"Not on your life." Harry said, seriously. He had been down there once, in his second year, and regretted the experience ever since.
"Are you all done shopping, then?" Arthur Weasley asked, his glasses glinting in the sunlight.
"We sure are, dad." Ron said.
They stopped for large ice creams. After, Ron, Hermione, and Harry made their way toward the Floo fireplace, while Ron's mother and father disapparated with a loud crack.
A Floo powder dispenser was next to the mantel, but there was no instructions on how to take some out. Harry tried looking for a secret brick or button, but Ron pushed impatiently past him, and tapped the golden bowl with his wand. Immediately, glistening powder appeared.
Harry smiled bemusedly. "Handy."
After bouncing around the Floo network, the trio tumbled safely out of the Burrow's fireplace.
There was quite a large amount of letters on the kitchen table. Harry assumed that it was from the Order, but he happened to glance at the topmost envelope, and saw his name, imbossed in green lettering.
Green ink meant that the letter was from Hogwarts.
He slit it open with his wand, and pulled out the annual formal informant letter, but there was a smaller sheet inside. He read the latter first.
Dear Mr. Harry James Potter,
We are pleased to inform you that former student Miss Angelina Johnson, of the Gryffindor House, has resigned her position as the Captain of the Gryffindor Inter-House quidditch team. Therefore, you have been selected as the potential captain. We are hoping that you accept this important responsibility. Please report to your House instructor as soon as possible, if you would like to accept this post.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 10:26 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GREENDAYRULES!
KING OF DEATH

man u should write stuff and see if u can published ur awesome!!

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 02:03 AM
GREENDAYRULES! is currently offline Click here to Send GREENDAYRULES! a Private Message Find more posts by GREENDAYRULES! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GREENDAYRULES!
KING OF DEATH

man ur awesome 10!

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 02:04 AM
GREENDAYRULES! is currently offline Click here to Send GREENDAYRULES! a Private Message Find more posts by GREENDAYRULES! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

You know...I might just will. Try, anyways. Thank you, Green.

I'll try to write more soon. Have to have an idea, first.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 05:25 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Harry stared at the note. His two friends noticed.
Ron came over. "What's that you got there, mate?"
Harry wordlessly showed it to him. Hermione read it, next.
Ron gaped. After a moment, he regained his composure, and beamed at Harry."Well done, mate...or should I say captain?" His congratulation was genuine, Harry could tell.
He tried to speak something, but if felt like a bottle of lemon juice slugged down his throat.
Hermione squealed. "That's wonderful, Harry, it really is!"
Harry just shook his head. "No, I..." The lemon juice throbbed again.
He cleared his throat, and began again. "I don't think....I don't think this is for me." It was odd that Hermione would get so excited over something that had to do with Quidditch. In truth, he had expected her to frown and say that it would interfere with his studies.
Both of them were staring at him, again. Harry sighed. "Ron, you'd make a better captain tham I would. You take it."
"But, Harry...." Ron's voice sounded strangled. "Harry, you're turning down the captain?"
"And giving it to you." Harry smiled tiredly.
Hermione also looked downcast."Why not, Harry?"
Neither can live while the other survives...
He frowned."I have...too much responsibility to be getting along with."
"Harry....thank you." Ron whispered. He looked like he was about to burst into tears, and Harry wouldn't have been suprised if he had.
In their first year, they had discovered the Mirror of Erised, which showed the user their most zealous desires. Ron had been a Head Boy, and captain of the qudditch team. Harry, of course, had seen his family. Now, he wouldn't be suprised if he looked into it's depth sometime, and saw Sirius smiling down at him.
By giving Ron the role of Captain, Ron would have fulfilled one of his most fevered desires.
Ron shook his hand firmly, and turned to Hermione. "Why are you excited, too? I thought you might have rowed at us for not doing our school-work!"
"Well, er...." She glanced at Harry, who had a feeling that this might have to do with her disappearing down Diagon Alley.
She signed defeatedly. "I've decided I would try out for the team this year."
Both Ron and Harry burst into laughter.
"It's not funny!" She said heatedly.
"Yes it is," Ron chuckled."I mean, you, out of all people, trying out for Quidditch! New concept, that is!"
Harry stopped."Wait a minute...you were in Quality Quidditch Supplies. That's why you disappeared suddenly."
She nodded."I was ordering a broom."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2004 09:00 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Ron was still giggling. Harry elbowed him.
"Ron, it's funny, yes, but you're making a kid out of yourself now."
He stopped, and looked at them, worried. "But there's going to be a load of homework, it's our sixth year...where are we going to find time for Quidditch, and the DA?"
Hermione rolled her eyes."Ron, if it gets to that point, I'll help you two finish it. Besides, I want to try out for Chaser."
Harry smiled bemusedly."New concept...Hermione wants Quidditch, and Ron's worried about homework."
They all laughed.
Harry yawned. "I'm going to go and have a nap."
Hermione said,"O.K."
Harry went off to his and Ron's room, while Ron and Hermione went to the kitchen to wait out the impromptu Order meeting. He wondered when they were going to go back to Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place, but it was nice to be back in the Weasley's cozy, yet rickety, house. The Floo network left him dizzy.
He fell asleep almost as soon as his head hit the pillow.

CHAPTER SIX------------------

Harry woke up in darkness. He thought it was midnight, but it was early evening, as he discovered that his head was quite tangled up in his sheets.
There was no noise from downstairs. Harry yawned, stretched, and stumped toward the stairway hall(if one could even call it that).
Still no sound of movement. They might have gone back to Grimmauld Place for some reason. But surely they wouldn't have left him here alone, would they?
He shook the dizziness from his head, and splashed his face in the middle landing washroom.
Harry kept his hand to the wall, trying to see past the dim evening light.
The ground floor was dark, as there were only windows in the den and the kitchen.
He arrived in the parlour. It was mysteriously silent, he turned toward the doorway window, thinking that they might be outside.
A slight rustle, on his blind side. As fast as lightning, he whipped out his wand from his pocket and aimed. He had forgotten how fast his reflexes had been, after the issue at the Department of Mysteries. Even if the rustle was a dropped coat, or a friend, he could take no chances.
Instinctively, he moved behind the beaten-up couch, trying to see. There was no sound. No light from the parlour window penetrated here.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2004 10:14 PM
spidergrl
Living

carry on...... carry on........ CARRY ON!!!!! mad confused

Old Post Dec 12th, 2004 07:45 AM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

"Lumos." He whispered, and a light flared from his wand tip. He guided the bright beam over the couch, and saw no one, except Crookshanks, lying on the couch. He blinked annoyedly, and leapt from the couch, as Harry shined the light into his eyes.
"Do you know anything, Crookshanks?" Harry whispered to the cat.
Crookshanks gave him a look that seemed to say, "A lot more than you, but I'm not telling."
Harry shook his head resignedly. He took a deep breath, and strode into the room, sweeping the light over everything. Still nothing suspicious.
It suddenly occured to him that someone might be hiding under an invisibility cloak. He tapped the wall sconce torch, and comforting light flared, illuminating the room.

Still nothing.

He grabbed a fallen sock, and tossed it into an empty space, thinking that there might be a person there, crouching under an invisibility cloak.
The sock went right through the small space.
The room was messy, and there were clothes strewn all over. Satisfied that the room was reasonably secure, Harry moved toward the back door. The basement door was locked, so he stepped outside.
Light was abundant here. "Nox." He muttered, and his wand's light went out.
The backyard was different from the last time Harry had visited; he supposed that Mrs.Weasley might have done some gardening. But what bothered him was the fact that the bushes seemed misplaced, almost as if they were conjured out of nowhere. And the shrubs seemed to form a rough alleyway.
In the alleyway sat a dinner table, and seats for roughly a score of people.
But there were none in sight.
Harry moved to see if someone had placed a note on the table, but he was disappointed.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 11:11 PM
spidergrl
Living

keep it going......don't leave it there........

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 12:08 AM
amkrell

This is amazing!!! It's so close to J.K's writing it's not even funny! Pls keep going, it is a great story! I've read a lot of these things and none come close to yours!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 04:24 AM
amkrell is currently offline Click here to Send amkrell a Private Message Find more posts by amkrell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

Yea you rock!!

Question: Isn't the 6th book, Harry Potter and The Half Blooded Prince??

Last edited by spidergrl on Dec 15th, 2004 at 04:30 AM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 04:28 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

It is...but by the time I found out, It was too late to change the title. It's Half Blood. Not (-ed)

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 03:32 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

He turned around and started back for the house, intending to unlock the basement with the Alohomora spell.
Just then, the bushes ruffled suddenly.
Harry reached for his wand.
Many people burst out of hiding. Harry raised his wand, aiming at the first one-
And he was hit by a storm of voices.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HARRY!"
Almost at once, lights flickered to life, and the Weasley family, Hermione, and several Order members rushed forward to greet him.
Harry looked at the person he was still aiming at. It was Mad-Eye Moody.
His eye looked at the wand, to Harry's face.
"Good instincts, Potter. And happy birthday."
Harry grinned happily. "Thank you, Professor."
Moody grunted. "Didn't get around to much teaching though, did I?"
But Harry was prevented from answering, as a score and more of people rushed to wish him a happy birthday. Hagrid bellowed joyfully, and ruffled Harry's hair. It was near impossible to thank them all, but they seemed content with his happiness, and smiles.
"Good on you, Harry!" Fred and George roared, and shot red and gold sparks into the evening sky, giving the effect of fireworks. Harry supposed that they had yet to refill their supply of self-made magical fireworks.
A weight settled on his shoulder. "Hedwig!"
In the chain of events over the past few days, Harry had completely forgotten about his owl. With guilt, he reach back to stroke her. The snowy owl nibbled his ear gently, as a message of congratulations, and assurance that she was all right.
"You boys go and keep out of our hair...we'll be making a huge dinner tonight!" Mr.Weasley smiled.
As Ron, Hermione, and Harry watched, Tonks, Moody, Kingsley Shacklebolt, and Mrs.Weasley began fastening aprons on, and walking to the kitchen, chattering madly.
Charlie jogged up. "Who's up for a game of Quidditch?" He yelled.
Everyone shouted gleefully, Hermione among them.

Dinner only took about an hour or two to prepare. After half an hour, All the weary Quidditch players had settled down in the Weasley's Den, and started co-operatively building a very large castle, using several decks of Exploding Snap cards. Fred and Charlie were playing Gobstones.
Hermione had proved to be a suprisingly good Quidditch Chaser. Harry supposed it was from all the hours she had watched the Gryffindor team practise. She had even beat Ron, who was put down at first with the goal, but had settled down later.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 11:13 PM
spidergrl
Living

Im likeing it.......and I knew what the 6th book was called.......just making sure you remembered!! wink

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 02:46 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

AUTHOR's RESPONSE- Oh, okay. smile

Mrs. Weasley stuck her head in. "Dinner's ready, you lot!"
Stomach growling, Harry leapt up, as did the others. As they walked outside, a explosion with sound imminent of a hand grenade went off. The castle had exploded.
As Mrs.Weasley raised her eyebrow at them inquiringly, Ron and the others smiled sheepishly.
As they appoached the table, Harry gaped at the magnificent display of food on the table.
The cooks had done a wonderful job of making the birthday dinner. Almost everything seemed to be glazed, and the food sparkled elegantly. Ron reached for a bowl of mashed potatoes with gravy, but his mother slapped his hand. "Wait until everyone else has sat down, Ron!"
After everyone was seated comfortably(except for Hagrid, who had to make do with a large upside-down washing basin), they began eating.
To Harry, it was near paradise. It beat nibbling on stale bread at the Dursley's by a long shot.
Ron was eating with all the manners of a pig. Hermione shook her head in disgust, while Charlie and George were snickering. Pasties, tarts, bread with butter, and glazed vegetables vanished down his mouth.
Harry was almost starving too, but he still ate politely. After all, he felt responsible to be polite, since he was the birthday boy.
Mrs.Weasley glanced at him."Steady on, Harry...there's another courseyet."
Harry was mildly bewildered. How much had they actually cooked?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 08:50 PM
spidergrl
Living

It is good so far.... ( do you want to be at the bottom of my sig?? just a thought)

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 08:57 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

I would be honoured.
I'll see if I can update it tonight, if not, tomorrow.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 08:58 PM