KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » WoW

WoW
Started by: HooT

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

They just added item durability to WoW. No one is happy about it.

Other then that there isn't much in common with Diablo, except the talent trees, but even that's a bit different from the skill tree in Diablo.

Open beta is coming up soon and there is still alot of stuff that needs to be fixed, hopefully they don't end up rushing the game... But even if it's current state it feels more polished and complete then any other MMOG's have on their release.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 01:01 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

wow item durability.. damn thats good..
/bow blizzard
talk to blizz for me and get me in the open beta stick out tongue

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 06:12 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

No need, you'll be able to sign up whenever it happens. Still no word when that may be, unfortunately.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 06:25 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

What trade skills do you recommend for a paldin-to-be? smile

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 07:29 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Mining and Blacksmithing I guess. I haven't really bothered with tradeskills, takes to long to be worth while and they're too expensive.

Also, you may want to rethink being a pali, they're not very good in this game. They're second rate tanks, and 4th rate healers.

Supposedly they have some changes in store for them in the upcoming patch though, so we'll see what those changes do.

You were a white mage in FFXI right? You may want to consider being a Priest in WoW, priests are awesome in that game, they can deal pretty good damage witht eh right talent spec, and they are always in high demand.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 08:45 PM
Sarah_Angel666
~!Angel of the Darkness!~

it is going to be Diablo 3... it better not be or i'ma kill some people.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 11:23 AM
Sarah_Angel666 is currently offline Click here to Send Sarah_Angel666 a Private Message Find more posts by Sarah_Angel666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

But arent the priest character models like all bony and skinny sorta? or do you pick a character model and then choose profession?
I was thinking about priest to be honest but when I was looking at blizz website they only show like 3 spells from each class..so priest didnt look too appealing at that point. Do they charge for extra characters (or will they if they dont now?) cuz if thats the case I'll make a few characters big grin

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 06:02 PM
BackFire

No, you choose the character model and then the class. The model does not change.

http://www.thottbot.com/ for a complete list of spells for every class. (keep in mind that there will be many new high level spells by the time the game comes out)

Finally, they do not charge you for extra characters, you can have a total of 10 characters on each server, so a total of about.....god knows how many. Multiple characters is a must in this game.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 06:21 PM
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

I dunno... one of my buddies got in on Private Beta too. I've seen it, but I dont like it all that much... Id much rather see a D3. But, I guess I havent really seen all that much of it so I dont know a whole lot about it, other than I prolly wont buy it.

Can you guys pvp other characters?

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 07:09 PM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yes, it's a PVP based game.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 07:56 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Druid seems extremely appealing.. but you have to be orc or nightelf right?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 06:11 AM
BackFire

Tauren or Nightelf actually.

Also, I'm playing a Druid right now, it's a very disapointing class. It has so much potential but it has some major problems that will keep me from playing it come release if they aren't fixed.

The forms are extremely flawed right now. It costs way to much mana to switch forms, and they simply aren't that useful, especially Cat form.

Druid is basically a decent priest, a gimped rogue, and a 3rd rate warrior all rolled into one. They can do everything, but they also suck at everything.

I'm hoping they fix up the druid before release. It's a fun class, just needs major work to make it balanced.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 07:02 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I hope they dont do that whole deal where they patch the game once and your characters are worthless.
but yeah priest sounds great. I wonder why paladins are 2nd rate tanks.. arent they supposedto have more defense than a warrior?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 07:55 AM
BackFire

They don't have a taunt ability...yet.

Palidins are supposedly getting a major overhaul this next patch that improves them greatly.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 08:32 AM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Yo BF There are a few quastions I hava about WoW, so here we go, lets say your playing human right,Warrior lets say, is it then possible to go to Stormwind and join the human army there? lets say your a freelancer is it sometimes possible to come acros a major battle between lets say orc and humans now I'm thinking of a large battle 500 on each side, how about sleep is it like in Morrowind? like you deside to sleep for 8hours and then you wake up after 8hours and its all dark?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 12:13 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

For your first question - You can't really join the SW army, but there are certain quests that you can do later levels that have you defending a certain point along side the SW army. I doubt the battles have 500 people on each side though. If you want massive battles then you'll have to take part in the battlefields fighting, which is where massive groups of players (I'm not sure, but their may be some NPC characters fighting as well) fighting against eachother for control of certain points.

Second question - Rest is in the game, but it's a bit more simplified then what you described. To rest, when you log out simply do so in one of the major cities or in an inn in one of the smaller towns, as you're logged off in an innn, you're considered resting. When you come back you will have a certain amount of rest bonus (depending on how long you stayed in the inn) and for a short period of time you will gain more experience from fighting then if you weren't rested.

And there is a day and night cycle. It's based on real time, pacific standard time. So when it's midnight in california, it's midnight in the game and it's dark.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 06:30 PM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

ah thx for clearing that up smile

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 08:32 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Tauren or Nightelf actually.

Also, I'm playing a Druid right now, it's a very disapointing class. It has so much potential but it has some major problems that will keep me from playing it come release if they aren't fixed.

The forms are extremely flawed right now. It costs way to much mana to switch forms, and they simply aren't that useful, especially Cat form.

Druid is basically a decent priest, a gimped rogue, and a 3rd rate warrior all rolled into one. They can do everything, but they also suck at everything.

I'm hoping they fix up the druid before release. It's a fun class, just needs major work to make it balanced.

In Neverwinter Druids are rather powerless against wizards, and are simply overpowered rangers without the use of a bow messed but the nature spells they cast are very dangerous yes the shapeshifting is pointless sometimes, unless its like a dragon or something and even then a wizard can trun into unatural things.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 04:03 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I also wanted to ask (and thanks for answering all these questions btw), is the skill point system like Lineage 2 (where you can Learn ALL the skills as long as you put the time into it), or is it like Diablo 2 (where if you put the skillpoint into the wrong area you gotta remake O_O)?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 11:47 AM
BackFire

It's more like Diablo, you have to pick and choose what specific area of the talent tree you want to specialize in. (For instance - A mages talent tree has a Frost section, a Fire section, and an Arcane section, you have to choose if you want to be a fire mage, a frost mage, or an arcane mage). You can put a few points in each section, but then you won't get to learn the cool abilities that come later with pure specialization.

However, in WoW if you screw up there is going to be a way that you can redistribute your talent points, so you won't be completely screwed.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 05:55 PM