KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Green Day: American Idiot

Green Day: American Idiot
Started by: Solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

^I'm ordering tickets to see them when they go on sale tomorrow!

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 06:08 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elondra
Punk Princess

I ordered mine this morning!!!!!At Hammersmith Apollo on the 7th of February!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 02:41 PM
Elondra is currently offline Click here to Send Elondra a Private Message Find more posts by Elondra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elondra
Punk Princess

OMG most of the venues were sold out in 7 hours.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 03:04 PM
Elondra is currently offline Click here to Send Elondra a Private Message Find more posts by Elondra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fuct_up_kid
Trash Flavoured Trash

quote:
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
My favorite track would have to be Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Def. download that one, you wouldnt even think it was Green Day if you didnt know any better, but its real good.

yeah, i heard that song on the radio and loved it, but didn't click that it was green day until aaages into it.

but i love this album, especially 'boulevard of broken dreams' and 'give me novacaine'

I hate to break this to you, but being a coward is not a legitimate career

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 03:49 PM
fuct_up_kid is currently offline Click here to Send fuct_up_kid a Private Message Find more posts by fuct_up_kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

this album's pretty good, i luv jesus of surbia(sp?)
and my fav song (old one) is blood, sex and booze, i love it!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 05:24 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by Elondra
OMG most of the venues were sold out in 7 hours.

Not a big deal, my favorite band, The Pixies sold out all of there tickets last summmer in 1 hr. 30min.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 08:04 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Df02
recent punk hatred of the government and society

Recent? You are aware that punk was FOUNDED on anti-capitalism, right? confused

If nothing else, it was Green Day's way of re-establishing themselves as a premier pop-punk band, and what better way to do so than get back to your personal roots, as well as those of your genre?

Get a kleenex for those sissies in Good Charlotte, cuz if the Green Day of old is back, there's going to be a lot of running mascara. laughing

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 08:15 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

Get a kleenex for those sissies in Good Charlotte, cuz if the Green Day of old is back, there's going to be a lot of running mascara. laughing

That is very awesome, I'll have to start quoting that.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 03:24 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

laughing!

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 07:28 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

I was never a Green Day fan, but their new album seems to be good. I've only heard Jesus of Suburbia and American Idiot but both are good songs and American Idiot is really good for a Green Day single. I was never really into their other stuff they had years ago.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 11:49 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Recent? You are aware that punk was FOUNDED on anti-capitalism, right? confused

Agreed.

Recent? Are people forgetting the mighty Refused, Clash, Dead Kennedys etc...confused

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 11:52 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
I was never a Green Day fan, but their new album seems to be good. I've only heard Jesus of Suburbia and American Idiot but both are good songs and American Idiot is really good for a Green Day single. I was never really into their other stuff they had years ago.

You gotta go as far back as "Kerplunk" if you want the real "punk" era Green Day.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 12:33 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Maybe I'll give it a try. I am only 17 so I really wasn't old enough to listen to Greenday when they were big...back then the only music i knew was the stuff my parents listened to (classic rock). But I did download a lot of stuff from Dookie and wasn't really into it, except Welcome to Paradise, which was ok.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 01:54 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

GreenDay isn't as awesome as they were 10 years ago, but their new stuff still warrants the $10 you pay for it! thumb up

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 04:53 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Their new song sucks. And it's funny that you mention Good Charllete and their mascera, in their new video Greenday is dressed up like a cross between Marylin Manson and a retard. Then again they're both one in the same, so that goes without saying.

They claim they don't want to be an American idiot, too bad they already look the part.

Last edited by BackFire on Oct 18th, 2004 at 06:47 AM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 06:40 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flying High
Fly my Pretties Fly!!

i like greenday old and new.....theyr diferent but both good....

People keep disappearing and reappearing lol

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 03:53 PM
Flying High is currently offline Click here to Send Flying High a Private Message Find more posts by Flying High Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

I wish someone would kipnap them and send them to the moon no expression

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 04:57 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Their new song sucks. And it's funny that you mention Good Charllete and their mascera, in their new video Greenday is dressed up like a cross between Marylin Manson and a retard. Then again they're both one in the same, so that goes without saying.

They claim they don't want to be an American idiot, too bad they already look the part.

Most of everyone here admitted the song American Idiot, the song, sucks.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 02:15 AM
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Question

is the new Green Day cd any good???? I wasnt sure if I should get it or not-

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 01:46 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

yes, it is awesome. Get it.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 03:22 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote