KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » mortal kombat: deception

mortal kombat: deception
Started by: kaz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScarFace Clone
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah thats sweet

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 01:31 PM
ScarFace Clone is currently offline Click here to Send ScarFace Clone a Private Message Find more posts by ScarFace Clone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
greyboy

finally got this game last night and like it a lot. havent played an MK game in a long time....not even DA....so this is just a blast. tho i am having trouble catching up on the storyline.....

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 05:15 PM
greyboy is currently offline Click here to Send greyboy a Private Message Find more posts by greyboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I hate these new MK games, they try too much to be like the newer beat em ups like SOul Caliber and Tekken, and it ruins it.

For me, every character in MK should have the same movelists for basic moves - every character should be able to do that iconic MK uppercut - WTF are they playing at?

It's good to see the storylines progressing, but it seems as though they forgot to actually CARE about the balance of the fighting, and decided to switch to chess, and tetris.

MK Dveloper #1: "I'm bored of this game, it sucks"

MK Developer #2: "Fancy working on it some more, make it better?"

MK Developer #1: "Nah, it sucks, you can't polish a turd.............I know, lets make Mortal Kombat chess! And, Tetris!"

MK Developer #2: "That'll definitely take the focus away from the fact this game sucks!"

MK Developer #1: "Screw hard work - we'll just rehash old games and stick them into MKDA, and pretend its a new game, lets re-use some of the older characters cos my w*nking hand is sore and can't draw any new characters. The fans like Kabal, and everyone loves Noob and Smoke."

MK Developer #2: "Be sure to include Tanya, the Jar Jar Binks of MK, and lets come up with some truly awful new characters just for the fun of it"

MK4 was the last good MK game.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 05:27 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

MK4? Whattya talkin' about? Look what they did to Reptile! He was better as a ninja!

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 02:24 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
unknownrocker
???

ya he was

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 02:39 PM
unknownrocker is currently offline Click here to Send unknownrocker a Private Message Find more posts by unknownrocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

I agree.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 04:03 PM
Kraken is currently offline Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

quote:
Originally posted by dark1365
MK4? Whattya talkin' about? Look what they did to Reptile! He was better as a ninja!

Did you even PLAY MK4? You could get Reptile in his ninja outfit you know. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh, thats right, MK4 WAS an inferior game because Reptile looked slightly different. MK Deception is obviously a much better game because Reptile wears a better outfit.

WTF?

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 04:42 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
unknownrocker
???

4 started the coming of a bad fighting system

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 05:38 PM
unknownrocker is currently offline Click here to Send unknownrocker a Private Message Find more posts by unknownrocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I did not think 4 was all that bad, They did bring back Goro, and he was a little be harder to beat than Goro from MK1. I guess Kintaro was giving Goro prviate lessons on being a fighter or something like that lol.

But they did impove the death scenes, Yes my favor green nija change for the worse I migh add.

HAving his face not cover with a mask, when he does his tough death, it does not have the same affect as he did it in 2 or 3.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 05:57 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

quote:
Originally posted by unknownrocker
4 started the coming of a bad fighting system

You aren't related to Asian Hulk are you? Nevermind.....

No, MK4 was the LAST of the good fighting system.

MK4 had almost IDENTICAL gameplay to the previous games - therefore it was the LAST of the good MK.

MK Deadly Alliance was utter garbage, and they didn't even TRY making it better for Deception.

Big deal, MK4 changed the appearances slightly, the gameplay was still the same, if not ten times better.

The newer MK's have rediculous blood spillage, yet try and make the game more realistic by toning down the fighters powers, which is hypocritical to say the least.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 06:34 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

quote:
Originally posted by unknownrocker
i hate dragon king shao kahn rules

Oh yeah....I forgot about the "Great" one. Lord of the Underworld. Bastard brother of Rayden. The neck-breaker. Yep, Shao Kahn was good. They screwed him up in the second movie, because they rarely showed him with his trademark skull headgear.
Still, Dragon King is pretty cool.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 09:57 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly
No, MK4 was the LAST of the good fighting system.
MK Deadly Alliance was utter garbage, and they didn't even TRY making it better for Deception.
Big deal, MK4 changed the appearances slightly, the gameplay was still the same, if not ten times better.
The newer MK's have rediculous blood spillage, yet try and make the game more realistic by toning down the fighters powers, which is hypocritical to say the least.

Aren't you the fussy lil' pessimist. If you're going to diss MK Deception, I think you'll find that a lot of people will be against you.

Screw the petty "realism"...lots of blood rocks.

MK3 was the last good MK, until Deception came out.
MK4 was okay...but got old pretty fast.
MK DA " "...." " " " ".

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 10:03 PM
Joker1237

yep, IF you get the bouns CD you get Mortal Kombat 1. you get MK DA and MK 1.

Now I have the first 3 games on Playstation 2 lol.

These games are harder to beat on playstation.

The foes had a flaw in the Super NEs or Sega Gen, but they fix it on the playstation, Kintaro is harder than ever to beat. and getting to Kintaro is not what it use to be.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 04:46 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Also would like to say they made a few changes in the games I played.

MK 1 changes, Computer is a lot harder to beat, I have not seen any repile tips, so he might not be in this one. Goro is a bit better, but still is no problem to deal with.

And Shange Shan is tough to beat, He is hard.

The monks also clap at the end of a round, And in the thorn room, The evil guy himself is clapping after the round is over.

Before your about to fight Goro, in the END match, the last one the ground shanks, meaning Goro is up there shaking the ground, I lost the End match the first time because it took me by surpise. Having to fight and deal with the shanking of Goro,

Mortal Kombat 2, Computer is hard to beat,

Evey time Kintaro lands a uppercut or a fire ball the fans clap. Same with Shal Khan,

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 05:24 AM
Kraken
Wraith

when did they make it for PS1?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 04:04 PM
Kraken is currently offline Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
schizochic

they made trilogy on the ps1 i know kuz i own it
~unknown rocker on someone elses pc~

Im calm on the ouside but inside i scream and cry, clawing at these walls that encage me inside...i am dying!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 05:45 PM
schizochic is currently offline Click here to Send schizochic a Private Message Find more posts by schizochic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

quote:
Originally posted by dark1365
Aren't you the fussy lil' pessimist. If you're going to diss MK Deception, I think you'll find that a lot of people will be against you.

As if I care if a lot of people will be against me? And it's not "a lot" - but "some".

I agree, screw the realism, but they made it more realistic! Reduced special moves and more boring punching combos.

When I buy Mortal Kombat, I want over the top stupidity, with the characters teleporting off the screen, jumping twice the height they should do, firing crazy fireballs everywhere, doing THOSE uppercuts and sweeps, while NOT pretending to be Soul Caliber rejects.

I'm a bit of a traditionalist - I prefer the old MK games - they never took themselves seriously (and part of the reason as to why they were so successful despite being technically CRAP games) and were above all else FUN.

The fact that they've not improved an awful lot (or anything at all) and try to blag MK Tetris and MK chess as "Features" (actual FEATURES! such BS) leads me to be highly pessimistic about MK as it stands today.

And the reviews for this game were crap-to-average so obviously not everyone disagress with me.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 07:51 PM
Joker1237

not for ps1 ps2.

I got Mortal Kombat 2 and 3 on Midway treasues 2. with a bout 38 games incuding MK2 and MK3

I got 1 from MK deception

IF you buy the one with bouns disk, On disk 2 you can play MK 1, but like I said they made a few imprivsse changes to MK 1

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 08:02 PM
Red Superfly

Yeah I've still got the old ones, they're good.

I just wish they had stuck with the old retro style - the only people who would buy Mortal kombat today would be the Mortal Kombat fans - so why didn't they just improve on the older classic formula?

The one old-school thing they haven't changed is the CHEESE FACTOR!

There are STILL characters that have lame attacks that can be spammed to oblivion, and there will be no or a very small chance to dodge/counter said attack. There are also simple to do, high damage attacks, and hard to do but very weak attacks - WHY? This encourages spamming.

Now I admit, even great games like Soul Caliber have spammable attacks - but where this game excels over MK is being designed in such a way that you CAN AVOID spamming. MK Deception doesn't cater for this, and it's clear the moves were just "written" as opposed to "designed". If the design was balanced then spam attacks would be reduced, and combos encouraged, and every character would balance out. Why is there always a "cheap" character with easy combos in these games? Bad design.

The ONE great thing about Mortal Kombat is that it has a brilliant story. I love the Mortal Kombat story, and the characters are very impressive. I mean, Sub-Zero is a classic, Scorpion has to be the COOLEST fighting game character EVER. Those two are right up there with Solid Snake and Link in my opinion.

So it's not all bad - but it's a game, not a movie, and it's a crap game. Sorry.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 08:15 PM
Joker1237

its not a bad game,

MK 1 was a quickie, 4 guys made it. I saw how they made it on the bouns disk, Mk1-Dec

But it was a good fighing game, I still enoy it to this day.

MK2 might be the greatness fighting game ever, Cool Bosses(Shall Khan, Kintaro and hard to beat to boot.)

cool fighters, JAx, Scorpin, Subzero Bralcka. They must be the coolness fighters to ever be on a game lol.

Great back grounds, impved the pit, and many ways to die on the back grounds, Acid, Spikes, cliff. It a very fun game, even if the techs are a bit out of date, rember it was 1993 when it came out, so they were still sealing the old NES. Fun game all the way

MK3 was a little disspointed, It was not as good as 1 or 2, and Motoro suck as a boss, If Goro and Kintaro were cool, Motoro would make you upset. Good ideal I suppose for the sub boss, But he lack the coolness of Goro Kintaro.

Khan was eaiser to beat, but he was still cool.

MK 4 Goro was brought back, and Subby got his neck rip back, Better death scenes, and its a pretty fun game. Not up there with 2, but better than 1, and of couse better than 3

Mortal Kombat 5, I played it on game boy ad, It seem preey cool, I did like the ideal were you had to fight 2 bosses one after the other, ahh the good old days of the end matchs. But its a good thing that you did not have to fight Goro and Kintaro after each other, No one can beat that combo. So Shang and Qui al though a bit hard, were beatble.

MK 6 I played it, I like it, and still working on a way to defeat the Dragon King, I think Dragon King is unbeatble lol. I hit him and he does not take any damage. So what must I do??

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 09:26 PM