KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » why so much hate on the xbox?

why so much hate on the xbox?
Started by: Phoenix Aska

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Joker1237

How can you say MK3 the best??? It had the dumb Anmail deaths, and sloppy Finshing movies. Like Jax just turns into a gaint and steps on his foe. Weak, Even Kao loung;s HAt death was week.

MK2 had the best movies, cool graphs, cool bosses. I even put 1 over 3.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 03:05 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

3 was okay, but it just did very little to refine the series. it did have some cool characters I must say that.

which one is it with noob saibot, the colored ninja bots, and stuff?

and which is the one with sheba? i am a little rusty.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 04:07 AM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

3!!!!

MK3 is the one with all the charecters and fatalities, animalities, and the other friend thingy...

That was the best one damnit!!!!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 04:15 AM
Phoenix Aska is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Aska a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Aska Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

meh, Mk2 was good, BUT SUPER STREET FIGHTER TURBO 2X CHAMPION MEGA HYPER EDITION* OWNED IT. AHAHAH NOW I SHALL LAUGH LIKE A DUBBED JAPANESE PERSON HAHAHAHAHAHA.

* me mocking the dozens of street fighter 2 versions.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 05:01 AM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

I liked Marvel vs capcom 2 for the sega dreamcast but later got it for the Xbox....

Since we are speaking of fighting games...DOA 3 is the best!!!

In second place comes Soul Calibur 2...but unfortunately for the gamecube becuse of Link who rules over gay old man stump heihachi and Spawn!!!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 05:05 AM
Phoenix Aska is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Aska a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Aska Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

dont forget killer instinct, that was a cool fighting game, not as good as the early Mortal Kombats, but great

Street fighter is great, but after a while it got to easy to beat with the computer(I played many humans too, and of couse they were a bit more challageing, but I won most times.

In the early 90's there was 2 fighing games that stood out, Mortal Kombat and Street fighter, and the sales at the time was going back and forth(I was in that era lol)

I was on the Mortal Kombat side, with some freinds, and other freinds were on Street Fighter, It was that fun fighing over who would win, Ryu vs SubZero or Jonny Cage vs Ken, there were many rumors at the time of a cross over, but the cross over never came.

I would have loved a street fighter Mortal Kombat cross over lol.

But the main problem among fans though was how should we do the art???

The cartoon way of street fighter?? Or the real life actors of Mortal Kombat(The early Mortal Kombat games had real people model for the fighters, So Park was Kang ete.)

But it might have been a cross over for the ages lol.

Street Fighter 2 turpo was a very good fighing game, I had it on the SUPER NES.
I sold the NES, but hey, maybe if we pray they might put that out on Playstation 1 or 2 just like Mortal Kombat 2 and 3.

Like I said we can hope they can put these old fighing games into some sort of pack. Pac Man made it to the Playstation for crying out loud.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 01:33 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

yeah...killer instinct gold was great..only because you can do like a fatality on your enemy when there health bar dropped to the second color....

The Xbox still rules over all the other systems....

Especially because of its online games!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 07:25 PM
Sarah_Angel666
~!Angel of the Darkness!~

I dont like the X-Box, all it is is a Computer, what is the point of buying it. Why not just go and buy a computer, I think that it is retarded for the people that take money and go and spend it on that. What a waste. There is no point and will never be, all it is is a computer...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 12:04 PM
Sarah_Angel666 is currently offline Click here to Send Sarah_Angel666 a Private Message Find more posts by Sarah_Angel666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote:
Originally posted by Sarah_Angel666
I dont like the X-Box, all it is is a Computer, what is the point of buying it. Why not just go and buy a computer, I think that it is retarded for the people that take money and go and spend it on that. What a waste. There is no point and will never be, all it is is a computer...
wacko wacko wacko

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 04:34 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

The Xbox is more of a cheaper computer then.....

The computer can't compare with all the games that microsoft is spitting out.....

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 07:05 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

quote:
Originally posted by Sarah_Angel666

Is this because of the hard drive? It is isn't it?

*sigh*

Ok, let me explain something

*Get's out pointy stick*

OK, see this graph correlating the XBox and the PC - notice that the ONLY similarities are the hard drive and internet ready capabilities.

The Xbox is internet ready and has a hard drive INSIDE IT WHEN YOU BUY IT.

The PS2, doesn't even have that - and if you did, say, buy the PS2 Hard Drive, and the network adapter - you could easily say that it looks a heckuva lot more like a PC (a very square one at that).

XBox = games console.

Better/more capabilities than the existing consoles does NOT equal a PC.

*smacks Sarah_angel666 on the head with pointy stick*

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 08:29 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

Hahahaha

Good job Red Superfly

I think that Xbox has the best online capabilities too!!!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 08:40 PM
Robo-Chocobo

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix Aska
I liked Marvel vs capcom 2 for the sega dreamcast but later got it for the Xbox....

Since we are speaking of fighting games...DOA 3 is the best!!!

In second place comes Soul Calibur 2...but unfortunately for the gamecube becuse of Link who rules over gay old man stump heihachi and Spawn!!!

*smacks pheonix with pointy stick*

hey, dont ever dis the cube....Period.

also, soul caliber 2 is way better than dead or alive.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 08:48 PM
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

I think that Soul Calibur is great....

Just that DOA has faster fighting styles and easy controls...

(stupid stick)

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 08:56 PM
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I don't hate the x-box I think it is pretty cool my boyfriend got one just yesterday.It is a christmas gift from me.I payed for it.I do for some reason like my game cub for no reason!JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 04:16 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote:
Originally posted by Robo-Chocobo
*smacks pheonix with pointy stick*

hey, dont ever dis the cube....Period.

also, soul caliber 2 is way better than dead or alive.
SC2 is awesome. The Xbox version... the special character is Spawn. End of discussion sick The cube, AND PS2 have established characters that could appear, Xbox clearly does not. And that says something right there.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 07:46 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

X-Box is a Microsoft product, so therefore you will easily find people hating it for just that reason. I personally have little experience with the system, so I couldn't just hate it for the name myself.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 06:17 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Re: why so much hate on the xbox?

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix Aska
As long as I've been on these forums..lots of people do not like the halo game and the xbox system...what's wrong with it?

Nothing. Halo is overrated, that's all. I can name over 20 games that came out BEFORE and after it that are much better. X-Box is fine.

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 07:28 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

quote:
Originally posted by JKozzy
SC2 is awesome. The Xbox version... the special character is Spawn. End of discussion sick The cube, AND PS2 have established characters that could appear, Xbox clearly does not. And that says something right there.

That says NOTHING at all.

In fact I prefer the fact XBox doesn't have a Mario, Sonic or Link to it's name.

Have you seen the constant franchising on Nintendos part? Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Party, Mario Gangbang, Mario this, Mario that. Donkey Kong this, Donkey Kong that.

I dunno about you but I've been waiting forever for a decent game on my Gamecube. It looked like we were gonna get it with Resident EVil 4 but seeing as that's gone to PS2 I don't care anymore.

I have all 3 systems, and I'd honestly say Gamecube hasn't been doing ANYTHING of merit for a long while. A sequel to Metroid is not good enough, even though the game rocks.

XBox is truly only worth botherring with if you want online modes. To be honest without XBox Live, my XBox wouldn't be doing much either.

The PS2 has a constant stream of titles - I'm a sucker for Grand Theft Auto and Metal Gear Solid. I consider those games to be true videogames in that they hold substantial single-player appeal.

Trouble is, EVERY console game now looks rubbish in comparison to the God of games known as Half-Life 2, which comes with the 'should-be-sold-separate-but-isn't' Counterstrike Source. The best single player and best multiplayer game all rolled into one. Most console games, ESPECIALLY shooting games, now look amateurish in comparison.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 05:10 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Re: Re: why so much hate on the xbox?

quote:
Originally posted by MC Mike
Nothing. Halo is overrated, that's all. I can name over 20 games that came out BEFORE and after it that are much better. X-Box is fine.

start naming...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 05:18 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote