KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Marvel Fighters Hierarchy

Marvel Fighters Hierarchy
Started by: Krissy Von Doom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 7 8 [9]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Capt.JK
Slingin' Shield since '69

Who?

"The only guide to a man is his conscience... with this shield, however fates may play, we march always in the ranks of honor."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 08:29 PM
Capt.JK is currently offline Click here to Send Capt.JK a Private Message Find more posts by Capt.JK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

A Shang Chi adversary.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 08:36 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Capt.JK
Slingin' Shield since '69

Oh. Not really up on my Shang-Chi trivia. Is he any good? Name some issues I could check him out in (if you know any off the top of your head).

"The only guide to a man is his conscience... with this shield, however fates may play, we march always in the ranks of honor."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 10:39 PM
Capt.JK is currently offline Click here to Send Capt.JK a Private Message Find more posts by Capt.JK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by leonheartmm
ok has anyone thought of the champion of the universe as a possible entry in the forum, i mean even without his superhuman powers, hed still make a great fighter, he's like the karate kid of the marvel universe.

Are you talking about Champion (one of the elders of the universe) the guy Thanos beat for the power gem or is that another character?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 11:09 PM
Krissy Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Krissy Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Krissy Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Shang respects Shen's fighting skills, so yeah he is pretty good. I don't know of any MOKF issues he is in, off hand. However, he has just recently appeared in Cable and Deadpool 7 and 8, where he takes down DP. He also appeared in a few issues of Heroes For Hire back in 97-98. The last couple issues if memory serves.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 11:15 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Yea Champion has trained in the martial arts for nearly the entire existance of the universe...I dont really count him because its not even fair....additionally, he doesnt frequently demonstrate those abilities, just goes smashing people like he's the Hulk.

On another note, Leonheartmm, did u say you practice martial arts? what do u train in?...there r a few guys in here who also practice martial arts. You should be very proud of your strength, you sound like your doing very well for your age...Im a 22 year old college athelete, believe me, you have a lot to look forward to after 16...but just based on physiology, u probably wouldnt want to compete physiacally against an adult man.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 12:24 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Guybrush

hi

i havent read comics since 94 but after seeing the movie daredevil on movie i went up to find some old magazines i have, and i see that you guys are discussing a top 10 list. I dont remember that many superheroes allthough i read HULK, DareDevil, Spider-Man, X-Men, Batman GI.Joe and Superman from 86-94. I read most Spider-Man and GI.Joe though. Heres my favorites:

1. The Answer - A guy able to come up with a solution against any sort of attack on him. He wears a purple outfit. I remember he laughed while fighting Spider-Man and i was really impressed back then in 86 i guess. Then he gave his life power to Dagger or something, and then he didnt appear again. Do any of you know what happened to him and where he is now ? Did he ever re appear ?. I know Kingpin hired him.

2. TaskMaster - Loved his skill mimicing his opponent allthough i only read one or two magazines with him , when he faught Spider-Man and Ant-Man. I dont know what happened to him, but ive read somewhere he is teaching students at academies his fighting skills. He's taking jobs from people like KingPin and RedSkull. Correct ?

3. Bullseye - Got to love that guy. Insane guy with serious issues but also a genius and an incredible fighter. I still have the magazine where he killed Elektra and escaped from prison, only to be defeated by DareDevil and broke most bones in his body but promising revenge. Did he ever come back ?

4. Spider-Man - Not much to say, really. Fast, the warning, able to escape etc.

5. Hulk - Raw power.

6. DareDevil - Blind but with incredible fighting skills.

7. Solo - Dunno why but he's good with weapons. Feel free to flame me because i know he doesnt really belong on a list like this, probably like many others here.

8. Dr.Doom - Possess mind controlling powers(not sure), and also the brain behind much evilness. Probably not that great fighter though.

9. Captain America - He belongs in a list like this.

10. Venom - Crazy guy. I really liked him though. Especially when he was in Spider-Mans house cooking with his aunt May.

forgot about Mysterio, the one that makes illusion vs his opponent. A very good ability in my opinion.

Last edited by Guybrush on Jan 20th, 2005 at 01:26 AM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 01:13 AM
Guybrush is currently offline Click here to Send Guybrush a Private Message Find more posts by Guybrush Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Hey, welcome to the forums!

Taskmaster had his own mini-series a few years ago. It was pretty good, he recieved a new costume, updated his arsenal a bit. He later become a supporting character in the later issues of Deadpool, and later on Agent X.

This list is mostly meant to compare and contrast those with martial arts training. People like Iron Fist, Shang Chi, the Cat and others are the main people on it, while other cosmic forces may be included as it pertains to their abilities. While a good fighter, Spider-Man's fighting relies on his powers, without those, he's just another regular guy. Doom's never been seen to be much of a fighter. The Hulk mostly flails his fists about, but because of his immense strength, when he does connect it's serious.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 02:25 AM
Guybrush

thanks for answering some questions smile

If martial arts and fighting without the special powers then shang chi should be an obvious nr.1 then. Maybe elektra too ?

Im not sure if someone like The Answer belongs there but if he can come up with an answer to anything trying to attack him he should, though im not certain this ability is supernatural(it probably is, but how did he get it). TaskMaster can mimic his opponents, thus i think he belongs there, because as far as i know this isnt a supernatural power or anything.

Bullseye didnt have any super powers, but was a great martial arts fighter if i remember correctly.

Spider-Man doesnt belong there without his powers, same with hulk, but what about DareDevil ? As far as i know he just got better senses because he went blind which is indeed natural though perhaps not as much as in his situation.

Anyway thanks for answering some of my questions. I hope someone here can answer the others about The Answer and Bullseye.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 02:23 PM
Guybrush is currently offline Click here to Send Guybrush a Private Message Find more posts by Guybrush Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

10 YEAR MEGA BUMP!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 11:03 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

GAH! Why won't this thread stay down?!!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 11:48 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

I like Daredevil.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post May 21st, 2018 10:03 PM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote