KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » looks can be decieving....

looks can be decieving....
Started by: The Ones

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by Prozak

I am still waiting for a positive critique or comment to disprove my statements and should JP or anyone care to set a thread up to discuss this you can count me in, just point me to the correct page. In the meantime, keep loving 'em for both of us.

I think maybe the reason you are having such a hard time with these is because you are viewing them with a critics eye. But to each his own. I will tell you what it is exactly that endears me to the prequels. Or as Ush would say Im going to wax nostalgic. Back in 77 when A New Hope came out it was simply put awesome. When you saw that star destroyer come roaring across the screen and blocking everything else out for ME I was instantly transported into the story. And believe it or not the OT has it's share of bad acting and bad dialog and cheesiness. But that's the way GL intended it to be. The entire sage is patterned after his Sat afternoon movie experiences with Flash Gordon etc. This movie isnt supposed to win Oscars. It is supposed to entertain you. Hell my kids saw the OT growing up and they love the PT as well. Probably for the same reason that I do. It's an adventure. I want to know the backstory. I want to know where Vader came from. Who cares if the dialog blows or the acting is less than Oscar worthy? FOR ME this movie still takes me back. Still draws me in. And thats a good thing because here I am 27 freaking years later waiting on the edge of my seat to see then end of the saga. Those are my reasons. I can understand your reasons, but please try and understand the reasons of someone who's been caught up in the magic of this story not the techinical details. smile No one can disprove you from your opinion because it IS your opinion. wink

Last edited by ~JP~ on Nov 2nd, 2004 at 11:58 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 11:51 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

a labotomy is irreversable...but aren't we off topic now?

the thread is based on the supposed hidden images in the new teaser poster...NOT on whether or not the prequels suck.

so...i guess YOU need to visit your local optometrist, get fitted for a new pair of glasses or contact lenses, and come back and post appropriately.

have a nice day

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 11:52 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

damn I swear all I get done is edit spelling errors messed

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 11:59 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

quote:
Why? Do you enjoy having your ass handed to you in an argument?

No, but apparently you do.

I like George.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 12:00 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prozak
Bad Mother F****r

JP, I'm happy you love the prequels, seriously i am. I love it that you can say you unashamedly love these movies, flaws and all. Me, i can't get past them but i respect your honesty on the matter. At least you sound sane when compared to some people around here. Keep lovin' em.

PVS, read the whole thread, its simple, you'll see how we got from A to B. While it's now grossly off-topic thats the whole point of a thread. It opens up new avenues. I might start a new thread myself; i can't wait to read your witty on-topic posts.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 12:07 AM
Click here to Send Prozak a Private Message Find more posts by Prozak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prozak
Bad Mother F****r

quote:
Originally posted by Sith Master X
No, but apparently you do.

Where? You've provided nothing but more evidence to support your ASSCLOWN status. Oh and by quoting me like that, you've actually conceded to getting your ass handed to you.

You are funny you know?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 12:08 AM
Click here to Send Prozak a Private Message Find more posts by Prozak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

By quoting you, I conceded to getting my ass handed to me? err huh How the hell do you make any sense out of that?

Sorry Prozak, but once again I'd love the opportunity to present you with this award:

Attachment: z115.jpg
This has been downloaded 63 time(s).

I like George.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 12:12 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prozak
Bad Mother F****r

quote:
By quoting you, I conceded to getting my ass handed to me? err huh How the hell do you make any sense out of that?

Sorry Prozak, but once again I'd love the opportunity to present you with this award:

Are you retarded? Read it properly. Go to night school and learn English, read more books and get a true grasp of the english language.

Thats a cool pic btw...u take that on your webcam? It came out really clear.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 12:16 AM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
PVS, read the whole thread, its simple, you'll see how we got from A to B. While it's now grossly off-topic thats the whole point of a thread. It opens up new avenues. I might start a new thread myself; i can't wait to read your witty on-topic posts.

much to your dismay, you will find that reverse psychology is not an effective tool when arguing with me...but anyway.

the topic is the topic.
you are being an attention junkie.
the whole point of the thread is the teaser poster and
supposed hidden images within. so spare me your 'a to b' talk
and realise you might just be wrong...PERISH the thought.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 12:19 AM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Prozak, you do realize that not all web cam pics come out clear right? You seem to be kind of clueless, which leads me to wonder, how old are you anyway? Do you wipe your own ass yet, or does your mommy still do that for you?

I like George.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 12:19 AM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Overzealous Star Wars Fans see lots of things that aren't there. Many of them swear to have seen GOOD movies when they went to see Ep I and Ep II

this was the post that initiated this off topic flame fest...YOUR POST.
it didnt just happen. YOU HAPPENED.
read all the previous posts, its all about the teaser poster.

what the hell are you trying to prove anyway?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 12:22 AM
Prozak
Bad Mother F****r

quote:
Prozak, you do realize that not all web cam pics come out clear right? You seem to be kind of clueless, which leads me to wonder, how old are you anyway? Do you wipe your own ass yet, or does your mommy still do that for you?

Thanks for proving my point sith. Not only can you not grasp the obvious you also seem incapable of wit or sarcasm. So the question is, how old are you. Once again, ASSCLOWN. Keep 'em coming

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 12:23 AM
Prozak
Bad Mother F****r

quote:
Originally posted by PVS
this was the post that initiated this off topic flame fest...YOUR POST.
it didnt just happen. YOU HAPPENED.
read all the previous posts, its all about the teaser poster.

what the hell are you trying to prove anyway?

It's still an opinion, are you incapable of seeing that? And as for flaming, who called who an idiot first?

Please enlighten me...seeing as you've only JUST gone back to the earlier posts it should be fresh in your mind

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 12:25 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Geez, people. Show some damn maturity. Patience is running out with the infantile name calling contests we are getting around here.

Closing- and I want this kind of thing stopped for good.

And Prozak- keep things on topic, and no, it is not the purpose of a thread to leave that topic.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 12:28 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote