KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Review: National Treasure

Review: National Treasure
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
silver_tears

I agree, after seeing the trailer I'm not all that interested in seeing the movie. erm
Not to mention I dislike Cage laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 09:44 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by MornGlory
how many of these threads are there

especially for a crappy movie..

You've seen it then?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 10:29 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

You know, I hate all these critics that are dissing National Treasure because the story is unbelievable. Well that means Indiana Jones is a horrible movie because that certaintly could never happen, but oh wait, the same critics that say National Treasure is horrible because of its story said that Indiana Jones is a great trilogy with basically the same content. Enjoy a movie for once, because you know what, that is what they are for. If we wanted real life stories that actually happened, we'd watch the news for 3 hrs a day and tape them so we can watch them over and over again. Once again I'm reminded of how much I hate movie critics.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 01:16 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

That could be said of any movie that recieves such reviews, why watch movies if you can't enjoy yourself? There's no logic in that.....

And I'm with you I despise movie critics, specially the over the hill white men conservatives, who wouldn't know a good movie if it bit them on the ass.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 01:37 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COTTON MAN
Restricted

Account Restricted

This movie was kick ass.....yes

I regreat only having 1 life time to waste on games.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 06:59 AM
COTTON MAN is currently offline Click here to Send COTTON MAN a Private Message Find more posts by COTTON MAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i saw the movie yesterday. it was okay. decent. but not as good as i thought it would be. the plot, moments, and the characters weren't as well developed and well rounded, as i would have hoped and expected. the clues and figuring them out was cool. but some of it could've been done a little better. although, it was pretty cool how smart cage's character was and how he was quick witted enough to throw people off his trail at times, although he sucked at bluffing like bean's character mentioned when they played poker.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 08:19 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

I saw it as well, i thought it was spectacular, it literally kept me on the edge of my seat. adrenaline pumping.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 02:28 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COTTON MAN
Restricted

Account Restricted

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he/she said......

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 07:31 AM
COTTON MAN is currently offline Click here to Send COTTON MAN a Private Message Find more posts by COTTON MAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

hasnt this thread died yet?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 07:34 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COTTON MAN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yep

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 07:41 AM
jinXed by JaNx

quote:
Originally posted by cal31
You know, I hate all these critics that are dissing National Treasure because the story is unbelievable. Well that means Indiana Jones is a horrible movie because that certaintly could never happen, but oh wait, the same critics that say National Treasure is horrible because of its story said that Indiana Jones is a great trilogy with basically the same content. Enjoy a movie for once, because you know what, that is what they are for. If we wanted real life stories that actually happened, we'd watch the news for 3 hrs a day and tape them so we can watch them over and over again. Once again I'm reminded of how much I hate movie critics.

I agree with you about the critics, but then again there critics.

I cant stand how people are comparing this film to Indiana jones. I know it was just spun that way to bring people in the theaters, but this is by no means any where near being close to Indiana jones standards. Yeah it was a neat little treat, but i can see how people would not like this movie at all. Everyone should stop comparing this movie to Indiana jones entirely. These two films have nothing in common, except that National treasure is somewhat an adventure movie. I read one review that said national treasure is a more fluent Indiana jones. This person obviously knows nothing about movies and has the taste of an African bushman.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 10:37 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by MornGlory
hasnt this thread died yet?

Apparently not if people are still seeing the movie, still commenting on it, etc. Stay on topic.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 03:09 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Walfredo

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

I recommend it, especially over "The Polar Depress".

I agree 100% with that. I thought National Treasure was good. The movie really is acceptable to anybody (kids or adults). Everyone liked it when I saw it, even the wee ones. And it ended being a lot funnier than I thought it was going to be. I mean The Rock and Matchstick Men were corky-cute in some ways but this one was actually legitamently funny at times. Did you guys think Diane Kruger looked better than in Troy?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 08:50 PM
Walfredo is currently offline Click here to Send Walfredo a Private Message Find more posts by Walfredo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I agree with you about the critics, but then again there critics.

I cant stand how people are comparing this film to Indiana jones. I know it was just spun that way to bring people in the theaters, but this is by no means any where near being close to Indiana jones standards. Yeah it was a neat little treat, but i can see how people would not like this movie at all. Everyone should stop comparing this movie to Indiana jones entirely. These two films have nothing in common, except that National treasure is somewhat an adventure movie. I read one review that said national treasure is a more fluent Indiana jones. This person obviously knows nothing about movies and has the taste of an African bushman.

I wasn't comparing them story wise, because they aren't anything alike in that way, I was just comparing them on their believability and if they could really happen, which they both are not very believable.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 11:52 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

quote:
Originally posted by cal31

well said cal, i like that...i'm gonna start saying that to my friends smile

but, i'm seeing this movie with my friends this saturday, my brother already saw it, he said it was really good...

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 02:31 AM
moonwalker741 is currently offline Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote:
Originally posted by Walfredo
Did you guys think Diane Kruger looked better than in Troy?

All I know is that she looked fine in both cool

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 04:52 AM
Walfredo

Touche cal31, on multiple fronts.

First, Yeah Diane Kruger. She is beautiful.

Second, you response above was well put. Unbelievablity is no reason to downgrade a movie unless it is TRYING to be believable, which I don't believe NT is trying to do. Watch the movie, have fun, its simple, so simple.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 08:33 PM
Walfredo is currently offline Click here to Send Walfredo a Private Message Find more posts by Walfredo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dj_belay
dj

Yea, I saw this movie as well. It was pretty good, and had a reasonable amount of funny parts.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 09:50 PM
dj_belay is currently offline Click here to Send dj_belay a Private Message Find more posts by dj_belay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Re: "National Treasure"

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Upon leaving the theater, I said "This is what Tomb Raider" should have been like.

I should hope it would be better than a lame 100-minute advertisement for Angelina Jolie.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 05:00 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COTTON MAN
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was a must see movie.......4/5....yes

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2004 11:54 AM