KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Indiana Jones IV

Indiana Jones IV
Started by: chico

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (96): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chico
chopper style

Indiana Jones 4

Well, I heard today that they are pretty much a go for the next installment of the Indiana Jones series. Except for a few kinks with the script Steven Spielberg should start filming in early spring 2004. George Lucas wanted M. Night Shyamalan(sixth sense) to write the script, but have now turned to Frank Darabont (green mile, shawshank redemption). I also heard that Darabont did some writing (not credited) for Minority Report. The writing aside, Kate Capshaw will be a co-star and they're hoping to get Sean Connery on board as well.

My concern is if Harrison Ford is at the age to pull off this film. I think he's like 62. Will he be able to do the stunts, knowing full well he can pull off the acting. I love this series and like most am excitied about the new movie. (scheduled for release july 1 2005) To be honest I don't think I would want anyone else to play the part, but will Sean and Harrison look like brothers or father and son? I'm probably being a bit paranoid I just hope they don't ruin a great trilogy.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jul 6th, 2002 05:34 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Why are they bringing that screaming whore Kate Capshaw back into the series?

I'm so disapointed.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jul 6th, 2002 06:36 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Billy The Kid
Wanted dead or alive

I think the whole point is stupid!!!!
Why make a new Indy now????

O.K....they could have done that one or two years after the last one....not now!!!!

I think they are distroying the series!mad

Old Post Jul 6th, 2002 09:49 AM
Billy The Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Billy The Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Billy The Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

quote:
Originally posted by ToMacco
Why are they bringing that screaming whore Kate Capshaw back into the series?

I'm so disapointed.

I know I'm not happy about Kate Capshaw coming back either. With that in mind, the worst rumor I heard (which I must say has already been denied by Harrison) was that Clalista Flockhart was supposed to be in the film through the urging of Harrison Ford, her boyfriend. Now that would be a hard pill to swallow.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jul 8th, 2002 06:29 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
I just hope they don't ruin a great trilogy.
thats kind off hard since it is already there, with the fourth movie coming it wont be a trilogy any more

Old Post Jul 8th, 2002 07:47 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

If they arn't going to make it good, why make it at all?

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jul 9th, 2002 04:01 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

quote:
Originally posted by ToMacco
If they arn't going to make it good, why make it at all?

Probably because they know they have the fan base to make unlimited amounts of money. I know I'm not sure how its going to go, but I'll be there to see for myself. It's a bad way to look at it it, but its true.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2002 04:30 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

That's true. They make bad movies knowing that everyone will go see it no matter what.

I hope Indy4 is good.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jul 9th, 2002 04:44 AM
chico
chopper style

Me too. I know this is going to sound so lame, but I have alot of faith in spielberg to make this movie work for everyone.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2002 04:49 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

That doesn't sound lame.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jul 9th, 2002 05:00 AM
Julie
The Student

My favorite Indiana Jones movie is The Last Crusade.....I will definately go to see a fourth instalment in the series. I hope it will be good, but I'll keep my expectations low so I'll be blown away by it smile

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2002 04:44 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zed

The fourth part was on the slate for a very long time, it was just that schedules did not coincide,

and now they have got Ford has agreed to do it,

before he never wanted to do it because he was successful in other films and now he has gone down in popularity, this is the kind of film that will give his career a boost.

There were also rumors that Indy son was gonna be in it, but that would make Ford look to old and so the concept was sacked.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2002 01:49 AM
Zed is currently offline Click here to Send Zed a Private Message Find more posts by Zed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I think he's just too old now. He's also lost his box office appeal. His last few movies have been real flops, and now the k-19 Widowmaker is on it's way to flop central.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2002 02:14 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

His last movies have been flops because they sucked. Not because he lost his box office appeal.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jul 25th, 2002 02:47 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

I don't really care for Kate Capshaw, but I'll go see it anyway just because its Ford and its Indiana Jones. But aren't Indy and his dad now supposedly "immortal" cause they drank from the Grail ?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2002 02:01 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

the immortal stuff just worked inside the cave

Old Post Jul 25th, 2002 07:14 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I always assumed you had to drink from it regularly. Either way, no, they won't be immortal. as those two VERY old knights who rode forth from where the grail was and later died show.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 25th, 2002 11:40 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LaurenE147
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who is Kate Capshaw?

"You do not have a soul. You are soul. You have a body."-C.S.Lewis

Old Post Jul 26th, 2002 02:58 AM
LaurenE147 is currently offline Click here to Send LaurenE147 a Private Message Find more posts by LaurenE147 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Harrison counter act in temple of doom, oh and the wife of S.S

Old Post Jul 26th, 2002 09:56 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Amy Irving's replacement. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 26th, 2002 02:03 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote