KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Should we fear god?

Fearing god!
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes we should fear him. 15 45.45%
No I do not fear him. 12 36.36%
I have no idea 4 12.12%
I argee and disargee! 2 6.06%
Total: 33 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should we fear god?
Started by: Jackie Malfoy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mariland3
In my experience if there were an all-powerful monotheistic being it's personality would be that of a sadistic piece of shit that gradually sucks joy out of a human's life until they're dead, granting that person as an infant just enough joy to define from it's oppisite just enough suffering to satisfy itself at the end of that person's life.

That's more of a reflection of your depressing view on life I'd say.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 10:03 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

How about no.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 10:42 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol, bardock almost did the bill Hicks joke “I think god put you here to test my faith dude.
Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't know you good enough, but I fear you moire than God

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 10:44 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Blakemore
How about no.

Well if he thinks life is just one big torture and cruel joke, then he's essentially saying he would have preferred not to have lived in the first place.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 11:05 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Should we fear god? No

Because if a god exists and they want us to fear them then they aren't worth being worshipped.

If they don't exist, like I think they don't, then it's not worth wasting the time.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 01:09 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Newjak

Because if a god exists and they want us to fear them then they aren't worth being worshipped.

So just to follow up on this logic, if a child is afraid of his parents finding out he's done something naughty, are those parents also not worth having?

Also people who are afraid of breaking the law, because of they fear the punishment of the law, is that a Government not worthy to govern either?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 01:38 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Darth Thor
So just to follow up on this logic, if a child is afraid of his parents finding out he's done something naughty, are those parents also not worth having?

Also people who are afraid of breaking the law, because of they fear the punishment of the law, is that a Government not worthy to govern either?
None of these are promising you eternal torment while saying they love you absolutely.

Also to follow up. If you're parents demand absolute obedience to them with threat of pain/abuse yes those aren't good parents.

Same for the government.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 01:41 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

What newjak said.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 04:50 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Will add, if you're someone who doesn't harm, rape and/or murder just because you fear something awful will happen to you after you're dead, you're probably mental.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 05:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

What robtard said.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 05:16 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Anyone who doesn't fear God (for whatever reason) is an idiot.

What I said. thumb up

My opinion on it hasn't changed. Anyone who doesn't fear God is a fool... and the people who don't think He even exists are even bigger fools. wink

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jul 13th, 2021 at 05:55 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 05:51 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

You don’t provide any reason, you dolt.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 06:09 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

So sorry to have triggered you, yet again. laughing out loud

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 06:14 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I’m not triggered, if anything, I’m disappointed.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 06:16 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Edit: nevermind. Not worth the effort.

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jul 13th, 2021 at 06:25 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 06:18 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not enough substance?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 07:44 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah, plenty of subtsance. I'm just tired of arguing with ignorant people. It's not like you all will ever admit you were so obviously wrong.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 07:54 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look, I’m just not going to believe in some imaginary friend. it’s like thinking some ghost will guide you to some form of goodness, whatever that may be. How about we take control of our own lives? Makes more sense to me than praying to some kind of higher power. You dipshit.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 08:19 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Newjak
None of these are promising you eternal torment while saying they love you absolutely.

Also to follow up. If you're parents demand absolute obedience to them with threat of pain/abuse yes those aren't good parents.

Same for the government.

Well we can't give eternal torment, but we do give life imprisoment for certain crimes.

Anyway the extent of the punishment is one thing, but lets focus on the principal first that it's not worth following a Being who is willing to punish us for our crimes and/or deviant behaviour.

So again is it bad parenting if kids behave with a combination of love from their parents and fear for the consequences of bad behaviour? Forget abuse cases, we are only talking about the fear aspect.

And again is it wrong for me to fear penalties for wreckless driving? Does that mean Government is bad and not worth having for putting that fear into me every time I feel like speeding?

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jul 14th, 2021 at 10:30 AM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 10:27 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well we can't give eternal torment, but we do give life imprisoment for certain crimes.

Anyway the extent of the punishment is one thing, but lets focus on the principal first that it's not worth following a Being who is willing to punish us for our crimes and/or deviant behaviour.

So again is it bad parenting if kids behave with a combination of love from their parents and fear for the consequences of bad behaviour? Forget abuse cases, we are only talking about the fear aspect.

And again is it wrong for me to fear penalties for wreckless driving? Does that mean Government is bad and not worth having for putting that fear into me every time I feel like speeding?
I think at this point you're failing to recognize what I'm saying or you're purposely straw-maning me by ignoring what I'm saying for your own narrative.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 11:27 AM