KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » grievous' species and stuff on sifo-dias

grievous' species and stuff on sifo-dias
Started by: mandalorian_war

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mossman

quote:
Originally posted by Mist
im just gonna slow down a bit here.....so....
sidious placed an order for the clones, knowing they would be useful in the future. he then tells dooku that sifo dyas placed the order, and tells dooku that sifo dyas must be killed off.
but, sifo dyas had no idea about the clones? sidious just wanted to see if dooku could kill another jedi as a loyalty promise type thing?

Yeah, that's what makes sense to me, based on this info (if it is true).
If Sifo-Dyas really ordered the Clones, he did so behind the Council's back.
Mace and Yoda don't remember authorisation for such an action, remember.

It has been set up as a mystery, the person who ordered the Clones.
It would be a great gag if it was revealled that it really was Sifo, but not one that I think GL would pull.
I for one wouldn't be amused - why present it as a mystery if what we learned in AOTC was true?
Waste of plot time.

Sidious wants the army.
He ordered it and hung it on the Jedi.
Even his apprentice doesn't know he did it.

Just my opinion, but I can't see it being Sifo.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 12:11 AM
Click here to Send mossman a Private Message Find more posts by mossman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

the mystery part was supposed to show us that there is confusion within the jedi temple. the dark side has been clouding the force, and not even the safest place - jedi temple - can be left untouched by corruption. the jedi start losing their ability to see through the force, hence, why thethe whole mystery has surfaced. if the clones were ordered long before TPM, the jedi could have sensed the creation and deception within their temple.

also, in the novels by timothy zahn, luke has a strange feeling when clones are present. is this just sensed by him, or would the whole jedi order have the same feelings?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 12:25 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mossman

Okay then, lets agree to disagree smile

You say Sifo ordered the clones.
I say Palpatine did, and this is not revealed until later in the book.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 12:51 AM
Click here to Send mossman a Private Message Find more posts by mossman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

im not saying sifo did, im just putting both stories together and seeing which one is more likely. i dont have an opinion of who ordered the clones, ill wait until it is actually confirmed in ep3. i like speculation!smile

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 12:57 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Milosz006

This may be a silly question, but do we know for shure that sifo-dias is dead? Perhaps Dooku defeated him but could not yet bring himself to kill a Jedi, so instead he told him to leave the Order and hide himself.

We know from Pabs that the person who ordered the clones was on-screen in Episode II so perhaps Sifo had a cameo.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 11:04 AM
Click here to Send Milosz006 a Private Message Find more posts by Milosz006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Surgent
^ Everything that isn't Episodes 1-6 or comments from GL = EU

Just wanting to stamp down on this one- Surgent, you mean non-canon, NOT EU.

Again, this is referred to in the sticky thread at the top of the main page. 'EU' is not a term that refers to all non-canon products, EU is a term for a line of products that happen to be non-canon. There are plenty of other products which are not EU and not canon either- the best example is the website.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 11:31 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

i really hope its all explained it EP3, wot do u think?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 09:30 AM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoMeN

i dont understand anything!

It comes through compassion, not greed. Love is the answer to the darkness.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 09:34 AM
Click here to Send NoMeN a Private Message Find more posts by NoMeN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Interesting.

I wonder, if the Jedi took part in a conflict against Grievous's race, could that be why he hates Jedi?

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 01:55 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eXSBass
Kill the nOObs!

I think, Dooku ordered the clones. Sifo Dias was then murdered by Dooku because Sidious told him to. It also is a red herring for the Jedi Council to distract them into thinking Sifo Dias ordered the clones. He then told Jango Dooku goes by the name of Tyranus which in my eyes, explains everything even AotC and TPM.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 03:10 PM
Click here to Send eXSBass a Private Message Find more posts by eXSBass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Pablus

huh I have a theory about Sifo and GG. I think GG is Sifo Dyas. Perhaps Sifo was a Jedi left for dead sometime ago during some kind of battle. Then after he was mechanized swore revenge against the Jedi for abandoning him. Perhaps that is why he hunts them. This is just a thought.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2005 12:41 AM
Click here to Send Darth Pablus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Pablus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote