KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Should Deltora Quest become a Movie

Should the series Deltora Quest be made into a movie/ movies?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 93 69.40%
No 11 8.21%
Mabye 10 7.46%
Never heard of Deltora Quest 20 14.93%
Total: 134 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should Deltora Quest become a Movie
Started by: Elanna Riddle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (164): « First ... « 162 163 [164]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

Everyone, incase I already haven't for those who want to watch/download the english version of Deltora Quest Anime, visit this website, they are currently 10 episodes in:

http://otakushrine.webs.com/deltoraquestdub.htm

Old Post May 16th, 2010 11:26 AM
Elanna Riddle is currently offline Click here to Send Elanna Riddle a Private Message Find more posts by Elanna Riddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

For those still interested the link above now has the equivalent of halfway through the maze of the beast in episodes up on their site for the english dub

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2010 02:26 AM
Elanna Riddle is currently offline Click here to Send Elanna Riddle a Private Message Find more posts by Elanna Riddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowLord12

Laugh Hi

Deltora Is So Ausoum Read All of them big grin Happy Dance smokin' But Wanting to read secrets of deltora sad sad sad

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 11:57 PM
ShadowLord12 is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowLord12 a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowLord12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

Secerts of Deltora, is worth the buy and read - it explains a few things like historical events - like Adin as well as I think some of the Tenna Bird Songs.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2010 05:30 AM
ShadowLord12

No Thats In Tales Of Deltora By Josoph

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 04:22 AM
ShadowLord12 is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowLord12 a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowLord12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ShadowLord12
No Thats In Tales Of Deltora By Josoph

Sorry my bad, got the books mixed up, in that case...

.....I don't believe I have that one, which is odd cause having friends and family who know I am an avid Deltora fan ( and being incredibility hard to buy pressies for at that ) if I don't spot a new Deltora book they normally do....

Mental Note: Stop in at Dymocks on the way to TAFE tomorrow

Also.... for the Australian DQ Fans out there.... guess what I saw in the dvd section in Target today... big grin

Deltora Quest Anime DVDs 1 and 2. Each having approx 13 episodes on them so about have the series in total. (About $20 each dvd depending on where you get them...)

I know what I'm asking for for Christmas this year...

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 08:47 AM
Lief12

Laugh

I think DQ shoud be a movie. But each book is a movie. Like they did with Harry Potter! It sadifids the the people how show it at the theaters. Beacuse they sell more tickets. And makes it so what be to long. But I think they shoud show a lot more of Jasmine and Lief romantic relashionship!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 11:00 PM
144142 is currently offline Click here to Send 144142 a Private Message Find more posts by 144142 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InMyOwnWorld<3

I've found this.

I found this on the internet which shows that Emily Rodda has not said no to making Deltora Quest into a movie, but she is waiting for the right offer. I would guess it's just a matter of time. It also shows why Deltora Quest was made into anime.

"Rodda has said there has been some interest in adapting the Deltora series into a film but she refused to let any adaptation change the story. There is also a Nintendo DS real-time RPG game confirmed with all three characters. A 65 part Deltora Quest anime series of the first eight books began its broadcast season in Japan on January 6, 2007. Rodda chose this option because she and her kids "love" Japanese anime and because she wanted any adaptation of Deltora to be "cool". The series is produced at Oriental Light and Magic and is directed by Mitsuru Hongô. The studio keeps the quest magic jewels intact in the story, but one noticeable alteration has been made: Lief's hair color has been changed from black to blonde. Others include the Resurrection of Theagan along with at least one new villain, Oscar. Rodda has not ruled out a live action version of the story (either film or television) being made at some point in the future, but she intends to wait until she gets an offer that "is genuinely admiring of the books as they are." There is currently a manga adaptation by Makoto Niwano, serialised in Bom Bom Comics and published by Kodansha."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 06:11 AM
InMyOwnWorld<3 is currently offline Click here to Send InMyOwnWorld<3 a Private Message Find more posts by InMyOwnWorld<3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowLord12

I Think That I Would make a perfict lief because i have black hiar 16 in Jan And Like To Do The Stuff He Does

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 05:02 AM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

Gosh, can't believe how long it is since I jumped on this thread - its been a mad-house at my place. Firstly news for those wondering of my absense. (apologies for off topic)
I got into university this year - four and a half year course, Bachelor of Arts Pathways to Teaching Primary (will get out of it with a Bachelor of Arts Degree and a Master of Teaching Degree, not bad for four years)

BUT, I am still hoping to learn how to either properlly do script-writing or figure it out all on my own and hope nobody cares/notices when I jump into the entertainment industry. (I have what I think this movie should be like in my head, just need to pull it out in a way which makes sense)

My current choice in study is only postponing my attempt at entering the movie industry (hopefully it will help as I'm majoring in Media and Visual studies for my Arts Degree), I just like having back-up plans, especially when it comes to career choices.

Although it has been on hold for a while, I am still working of a potential script that I hope to send in to the wonderful Emily Rodda (and hope I don't get sued stick out tongue) if no other gifted screen-writers who actually know what they are doing *wink wink* get to it first.
Because if I haven't already said so, I'd write this script because I want to see the movie in my life-time not for profit. (hence why I'm doing the teaching course)

Remember you can do anything you put you mind too smile Seize any opportunity with both hands, be all you can be...

And no this isn't a farewell speeh, I shall be back as frequently as I possibly can... when I'm not pulling my hair out due to exam anxiety. And if I make any progress I am happy with on my script I shall send it to my top critics - you guys! big grin

Old Post May 24th, 2011 12:39 PM
rubiks

I read my first delta book when i was in 6th grade(im 19 now, and i was 12 in 6th grade, so 7 years ago),i found it in the library(we had to have a book to read at all times),and i came by it by accident. It was the fourth book,the shifting sands(*i had to look up the title,its been so long i forgot the title lol),i read it, and it was the best book i had ever read. i ended up reading all 8 of them, and i loved all of them. I think if they got the person that made harry potter or transformers to make the movie, then it would definetly make an awesome movie series. As far as i know, i'm the only person i know that has ever read them(even my nerdy friends who have read every geeky book out there),has never even heard of them,but i think if they made a movie about it,that people would probrably end up loving it.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 06:31 AM
rubiks is currently offline Click here to Send rubiks a Private Message Find more posts by rubiks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LawrenceExeter

My friends and I are thinking about writing a letter to Emily Rodda asking if we can make one. We have been planning it for almost 3 years. If we can get the letter written and she sends it back and it says "no," we can ask her if we can make a version for the neighborhood. It's just a matter of time.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2012 02:36 PM
LawrenceExeter is currently offline Click here to Send LawrenceExeter a Private Message Find more posts by LawrenceExeter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LawrenceExeter

ShadowLord, If you've seen the Anime, you know Lief doesn't have black hair. It's very, very, very, very blonde. Kind of Yellow.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2012 02:51 PM
LawrenceExeter is currently offline Click here to Send LawrenceExeter a Private Message Find more posts by LawrenceExeter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowLord12

yes but in the books im pretty sure he had black hair

The changed a lot of things when they mae the anime, so dont always trust the show.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2012 02:02 AM
Dave_97
Party Dave

Bump.

Hell yes they should.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 05:24 PM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier
god blessed him with a...

not after the anime no

god damn it sucked ass

and i LOVE the books

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 12:20 PM
Genesis-Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Genesis-Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Genesis-Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Balgoritin8
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmmmmmm

Old Post Mar 7th, 2024 05:18 PM
Balgoritin8 is currently offline Click here to Send Balgoritin8 a Private Message Find more posts by Balgoritin8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote