KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Skynet/Cyberdyne

Skynet/Cyberdyne
Started by: Waggy the Dog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shaber
schizoid

Question Cyberdine

Was the Cyberdyne timeline supposed to be a red herring? Its erasure would mean that John Connor's father would not after all have gone back in time...

So that leaves a hole... how can the original guardian impregnate miss Connor if he doesn't go back to ward off Schwartznegger? confused

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 03:04 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Barf The global super-virus which necessitated Skynet...

Where did the supervirus of T3 come from? It is never explained! sad

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 03:24 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

It's like you say, every time the time-line is altered, the future tech speeds up, technology advances at a more rapid rate from left over future-tech in the past, and greedy, evil corporations like Cyberdine using the technology for weapons... as real-life technology advanced into the age of the internet, with millions of computers around the world all linked together by a 'common' link, the WWW, it was easy for super-computer SkyNet to infect the whole matrix with it's own virus, knowing that eventually it's creators would unleash SkyNet to take control, trace and kill the virus...

simple stuff, really...

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 03:52 AM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

That Skynet is a sly old time transcending fiend isn't it? evil face devil

Ohhhhh if only it were possible to go back in time to a point where it could be WIPED out altogether! mad

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 04:13 AM
crAZRick
I'm God here!

Cyberdine's destruction and the left-over arm (caught in that huge gear wheel) and guts left over from T-800s chestal cavity( things that spilled out after T-1000 stabbed him thru with that metal pipe and deactivated him... probably even his 'heart' which would now be studied and re-engineered into a 'fusion-reactor (or 2) for future T-800 models), and the amazing and strange complex make-up of that batch of molten metal (the original metal, altered by the additives of the T-1000 liquid metal poly-mnemetic alloy as well as the futuristic metal from the T-800 chassis), when it was finally used the next morning to make steel, then that steel was analyzed and found to be more sturdy and yet flexible and moldable than any other man-made alloy or compound in history... all those leftovers inspired the government to contract out that steel forge/factory, and to cover-up the Cyberdine destruction, to take Cyberdine covert, hide the whole incident behind a 'GRAND RE-OPENING--- Under New Management' celebration/remodel story, paving the way for CRS to be born, and the invention and introduction of a SkyNet even more powerful than the one described by Reese in T1, and again by T-800 in T2...

as far as Reese impregnating Sarah...

Because John Connor had to be born and live out the original time-line before Kyle was sent back, John's original father WAS NOT Kyle. Or, to further confuse and confound non-believers, while making further sense out of the events of T3, perhaps, due to the law of Chaos, the John Connor of T3 was in fact, not Kyle Reese's son at all! Maybe Nick Stahl as John Connor was really 'mystery date guy's son, brought up and trained as the 'great military leader' even though he didn't have it in him to become that guy... weird because Nick Stahl looks more like Kyle than Edward Furlong does Eddie doesn't look much like Sarah either, so technically I guess Edward Furlong's John Connor should be the 'mystery date's son...

any way, the point I was originally trying to make, which no longer sounds good since I think Nick Stahl's John IS Kyle Reese's son/doppleganger, is: After the conclusion of T2, maybe the history of things past changed, and Kyle didn't impregnate Sarah, which explains why John of T3 is a sissy girl wuss who looks like Kyle, but doesn't act the 'great military leader' role too well, because he's not Kyle's son any more, all because the Cyberdine story played out and altered the history of things to come some, which therefore altered the history of things past as well as the history of things in the now... or maybe the history of things past changed and Kyle did impregnate Sarah, which led to the Nick-Stahl look... get it? It's all because of the Cyberdine story, red herring that it was, though at the time it happened it WASN'T, that T3 happened how it did.

Judgement day was inevitable, SkyNet was destined to be constructed and to be the superest super computer ever made. The original time line had John being born as 'mystery date's son, probably still growing up a geek, being a hacker nerd type, or something... meeting Katherine at Mike Cripkey's basement, kissing, liking her, falling in love, meeting her father, getting married, going to Mexico for the honeymoon, SkyNet is born, rages and takes over, John and Kate hang out hide out with Mexican, Central and South American rebels, form a resistance, and fight back... General Brewster still exists, Katherine, Sarah, John... everyone from T1 and T2 lead slightly altered lives, but Judgement Day does occur, the Resistance does rise, and the past and future become altered once the TDE is brought online...

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 07:52 AM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

Yah... like in my theory that the TDE is really part of the Predator spacecraft, so Dutch (Arnold from Predator) and Mike Harrigan (Danny Glover from Predator 2) and T-850 (Arnold from T2 & 3) have to go back in time to the 1800s to stop Future Humans First Contact with their past-ancestral selves, and to destroy the Predators and both spacecraft TDEs before they can be used to inspire the future full of machines...

Schwarzenegger, Glover, Pesci, The Rock as T-RK3000, and Chris Rock as T-Doggy-Dogg69... and Christoper Walken and Malcolm Macdowell as the Evil Wachowski brothers, who steal the TDE from the future, intent on changing the past, so that one day, machines will rule and use people as their fuel... Terminator 4, 5, 6 and 7: Reloaded Revolutions Parts 1,2,3 and 4

Only in theaters, July, 2032

Happy Dance eek! cool rolling on floor laughing cool eek! Happy Dance

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 08:04 AM
shaber
schizoid

Yes, I did think that the John Connor of T3 was a wuss compared to the John Connor of T2.

I suppose that the best way to look at the timelines is as a story which will be written whatever and when the earlier chapters are altered, the later ones can still come about.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 04:46 PM
ruby
Restricted

Account Restricted

i dont get it why does the virus only come when skynet is turned on?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 10:49 AM
ruby is currently offline Click here to Send ruby a Private Message Find more posts by ruby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

the virus was online already before Skynet was fully activated.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 09:03 PM
Ambarturion

I don`t think it was around before Skynet existed. I think Skynet either created it, or it was just a part of Skynet acting like a virus.
Skynet was locked up, it needed a way to get humans to let it free. A computer virus that only it can stop does nicely.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 11:16 PM
Ambarturion is currently offline Click here to Send Ambarturion a Private Message Find more posts by Ambarturion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

part of SkyNet, acting as a virus.. hmmmm... smile

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Jan 4th, 2004 04:30 AM
Writer86

Like John Conner says: "Skynet is the virus!" Skynet was already self-aware by the time General Brewster brought it on-line. Skynet knew that if it started a global super-virus that it would be fully activated sooner as a buffer against it. Little did the people know that Skynet was the problem in the first place.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:20 AM
Writer86 is currently offline Click here to Send Writer86 a Private Message Find more posts by Writer86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

It was the virus, yes... but according to Arnie it only became self-aware when General Brewster activated it...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 08:08 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

Then why could arnie not deactivate it because he is one of them. Surly he has files on how to stop it.

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 12:32 PM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

But as John Connor says at the end of T3, skynet can't be deactivated! It had already spread throughout the global computer network - even before General Brewster pushed "the button"...

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 06:02 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MovieKiller
The Devil Himself

Does this mean that even if General Bruster hadn't pushed the button, Skynet still might have launched the missiles and exterminate 3 Billion people?

I don't get that? confused

cool "Todo lo que tiene un principio tiene un final. Veo venir el final. Veo a la oscuridad esparciéndose. Veo muerte. Y tu eres lo único que se interpone en su camino. Si no lo puedes detener esta noche me temo que el mañana nunca llegará." *--La Oráculo, "Matrix Revoluciones"* cool

smokin' "El futuro aún no ha sido escrito. El único futuro que existe es el que nosotros creamos" *--John Connor, "Terminator 3: La Rebelión de las Máquinas"* smokin'

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 03:34 AM
MovieKiller is currently offline Click here to Send MovieKiller a Private Message Find more posts by MovieKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

It might have done. But i doubt it had the lauch codes until it was fully activated.

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 10:06 AM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Hold on a sec - what I think it means is that Skynet was active but not self-aware before General Brewster pushed "The Button" - I don't believe that it COULD have launched the missiles before that happened.

But this really depends on another question - did Skynet willingly take on the form of a virus, or did the techs just read things that way? If it was deliberate, then that means it was self-aware. Hang on...

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 06:21 PM
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

So why at the are the computers inside Crystal Peak not infected when John and Kate get down there.

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 12:21 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Maybe cos they're outdated, and so incompatible with modern systems? Oh, and I don't think they were even switched on...

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 05:32 PM