KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Is pause/freeze time possible?

Is pause/freeze time possible?
Started by: peterKSL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
So you think that length doesn't exist because we had to invent the inch? Would save me a lot of gas if that were true.

length does not exist outside of the human construct. It is a term humans made up to describe a the distance between 2 coordinates on 1 dimensional axis of space-time.

a log is three dimensional. There is height, width and depth. Length being a term describing distance between two coordinates, it can be used by us humans on any one of those dimensions.

If humans do not exist, how long is the log in depth? It's not. It's merely a log. Without humans to manufacture not only units of measurment, the means of calculating by these units and naming the log itself..................all there is a piece of matter.

same goes for time. Any time someone discusses the subject, they should attempt to discuss it from the point of view that human beings do not exist to avoid the entaglement of human-made notions like measurements (past,present, future, day, week, month, year, etc.) that we are all so accustomed to.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 09:57 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

time as WEE see it is just PERCEPTUAL time. in reality time is just a dimension with no real direction{i.e as we perceive it from flwoing from past to future}. there is no point to FREEZING TIME. since WE wudnt be able to perceive it at all. infact time might have frozen and restarted millions of times, for millions of days each time and we wudnt know it hadd it all. basically, the flow of time itself may be just a perceptual illusion.

Old Post May 26th, 2008 04:48 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
miss_swann
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

yes it is... put Apollo and Artemis to sleep... dur!

I can't make sigs, Silent Dreams can.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 04:58 PM
miss_swann is currently offline Click here to Send miss_swann a Private Message Find more posts by miss_swann Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by peterKSL
If there is no such thing, you wouldn't even exist....

There is a very good possibility that you and i both do not exist.

If there is a such thing as existence. I believe it is nothing more than an endless cycle and you cannot measure endlessness.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 03:06 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
En Sabah Nur X

Re: Is pause/freeze time possible?

Originally posted by peterKSL
Since the theory time travel to the past seems possible, I mean why not freeze time? It just needs less speed, right? And when freezing time is possible, does that mean that we won't get old?

It is possible but extremely difficult to do and requires a lot of energy. It also is not very fair to do so, as you can get away with anything if you do that. I mean if you can rearrange matter energy and can stop time, you can do whatever you want to a woman and she won't recall a thing... or so you would hope laughing

Originally posted by miss_swann
yes it is... put Apollo and Artemis to sleep... dur!
laughing

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 11:14 PM
En Sabah Nur X is currently offline Click here to Send En Sabah Nur X a Private Message Find more posts by En Sabah Nur X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

time doesn't exist, its a concept of how we explain the procces of changes

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 07:28 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by jalek moye

thumb up

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 07:30 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
En Sabah Nur X

That is true at any moment all that exist(s|ed) is the present, the various observers with relatively seemingly different times, are but mere diverging perspectives of the one true underlying block of space-time|existence|philosophy-stone... existence, is the one, the one and only thing, that cannot be denied existence for it then turns into an illogical statement.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 09:08 PM
En Sabah Nur X is currently offline Click here to Send En Sabah Nur X a Private Message Find more posts by En Sabah Nur X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by En Sabah Nur X
That is true at any moment all that exist(s|ed) is the present, the various observers with relatively seemingly different times, are but mere diverging perspectives of the one true underlying block of space-time|existence|philosophy-stone... existence, is the one, the one and only thing, that cannot be denied existence for it then turns into an illogical statement.

laughing You don't even know what a Philosophers Stone is, do you?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 09:10 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
En Sabah Nur X

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
laughing You don't even know what a Philosophers Stone is, do you?

a rock a philosopher speaks to, an imaginary stone that he hopes will hold his dreams and hopes FOREVER together... and somehow keep him alive magically while all he does is philosophize... the god of philosophy, like the god equation, the god law, the god dream, the god architect, the god artist, all questions of the imagination for they are not real but imaginary in nature.

The god of imagination if everything is real let it all go, if everything is false then embrace it as true.

The question is who would win in a battle the ultimate philosopher of evil or GOD himself, a bet for his LIFE VS a fate worse than DEATH! I mean he could drop dead at any moment and all... but Can the philosopher keep doing evil and keep death forever at bay? That is, never pay the price of freedom? This is the resolution to the problem of the existence of evil and why evil people can get blessings after blessings in disguise... for they are 'free'.

Can logic, and through logic alone, prove death is illogical in nature, by using logic alone slay the eternal dragon, slay death? slay god?

Last edited by En Sabah Nur X on Jun 19th, 2008 at 09:28 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 09:21 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

a rock a philosopher speaks to, an imaginary stone that he hopes will hold his dreams and hopes FOREVER together... and somehow keep him alive magically while all he does is philosophize... the god of philosophy, like the god equation, the god law, the god dream, the god architect, the god artist, all questions of the imagination.

The god of imagination if everything is real let it all go, if everything is false then embrace it as true.

The question is who would win in a battle the ultimate philosopher of evil or GOD himself, a bet for his LIFE VS a fate worse than DEATH! Can the philosopher keep doing evil and keep death forever at bay? That is, never pay the price? This is the resolution to the problem of the existence of evil and why evil people can get blessings after blessings in disguise.

Then don't tie it to space-time. That was your mistake.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 09:25 PM
En Sabah Nur X

Then don't tie it to space-time. That was your mistake.

Well sadly physicists, some at least, have proven that spacetime is a block, a spacetime block(this is called blocktime) and the passage of time is but an illusion... present past and future are one and the same thing, there is no present but an illusion of it. Who am I and who ARE you to tell physicists what to do and what to believe in? BTW I also have about 5 years of advanced physics knowledge.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 09:39 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Well sadly physicists, some at least, have proven that spacetime is a block, a spacetime block and the passage of time is but an illusion... present past and future are one and the same thing, there is no present but an illusion of it. Who am I and who ARE you to tell physicists what to do and what to believe in? BTW I also have about 5 years of advanced physics knowledge.

What do you mean by "block"?

If you have five years of physics knowledge, then why do you persist in sounding like an uneducated nitwit? I don't mean that as an insult, because I believe you are doing it on purpose.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 09:44 PM
En Sabah Nur X

What do you mean by "block"?

If you have five years of physics knowledge, then why do you persist in sounding like an uneducated nitwit? I don't mean that as an insult, because I believe you are doing it on purpose.

Correct a block, like in a videogame, all the possible scenarios exist and you take the path you like within this maze, of course you have to be true to your self to move in it. Like a board game, but it resembles more a cube, see those movies(cube) you can get a remote idea of what's going on... Just one big collection of photorealistic gifs and arbitrary qualia|mirages|illusions. A hall of mirrors, there's only one being here... only one being exists the rest are lies... ALICE IS REAL... all the rest are memory rearrangements... a game.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 12:29 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Correct a block, like in a videogame, all the possible scenarios exist and you take the path you like within this maze, of course you have to be true to your self to move in it. Like a board game, but it resembles more a cube, see those movies(cube) you can get a remote idea of what's going on... Just one big collection of photorealistic gifs and arbitrary qualia|mirages|illusions. A hall of mirrors, there's only one being here... only one being exists the rest are lies... ALICE IS REAL... all the rest are memory rearrangements... a game.

what are you on about wacko

it seens like a speech from a bad video game

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 12:45 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
En Sabah Nur X

what are you on about wacko

it seens like a speech from a bad video game

called reality. Sad isn't it, but it does not mean one can't learn to control G8d it is after all possible to trap him here along with us, maybe that will change the fate of this sAd world... the god-function/alice is a living breathing function, and I know how to harness it... just start playing the evolved song of songs laughing

Girls are moving-dolls, functions of matter, trophies the biggest one is the god-mode trophy, but you can't take it by force it has to come|be-given to you!

Last edited by En Sabah Nur X on Jun 20th, 2008 at 12:55 AM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 12:51 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

But a game is just an analogy. What is going on is Karma.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 01:04 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

*slowly backs out of thread*

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 02:36 AM
En Sabah Nur X

But a game is just an analogy. What is going on is Karma.

True that is. But it can be viewed as a crazy girl called alice who controls all of reality and turns into various moving trophies called girls and asks which is better... and repeats that in a loop, that is how girls know you like someone or something else better even subconsciously.

The clue that gave it away was all the cake reference, as well as ALICE references, as cakes and girls are made up of the same substance in a different arrangement...

So long as you know it's just one girl behind it all it doesn't matter who you have at your side or if she 'dies' fakes death basically and pops again under a different name.

That is the basis of monad science.

Last edited by En Sabah Nur X on Jun 20th, 2008 at 02:49 AM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 02:43 AM
Atlantis001
The one without a name

Time is "frozen" indeed if you are in the speed of light, but to reach the speed of light you need to be massless. So just light and things alike can travel at that speed.

Another situation where time is "frozen" is at very high gravitational fields, since we know that gravitational fields can also slow down time. Guess where you would have a gravitational field so strong time would be frozen ?

Black holes... how unexpected ! But time is only "frozen" when you are at the event horizon of the black hole or inside it. I mean if you entered the black hole itself. At the regions near the black hole time is just very slow, its not "frozen" exactly.

Of course, if you are thinking about experiencing consciously the time being frozen like if you want to stop time to not get old, then that is impossible. If you are frozen in time you won't be experiencing anything. Your brain is frozen. You can't have conscious experience if there is no time.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 04:27 AM
Atlantis001 is currently offline Click here to Send Atlantis001 a Private Message Find more posts by Atlantis001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote