KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Organic Webbing or Web Shooters, in the comics?

Web Shooters or Organic Webbing?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Web Shooters 14 48.28%
Organic Webbing 9 31.03%
Don't care 2 6.90%
I will kill Jenkins 4 13.79%
Total: 29 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Organic Webbing or Web Shooters, in the comics?
Started by: Corlock Striker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ebosian

Imma kind of torn between the comics new approach to organics.
I have pros and cons for both of them

At first I thought as some on these boards do. Going to organics would
mean he would lose the advantage of making special web fluids for characters like sandman, hydroman etc.. But then I figure, in the comics, sense he is smart, he can just make add on shooters to his organics that would mix with the organics to produce special webbing.
Here he would only need mechancial "overlays" when fighting special villians.

But then the whole physics of organics makes no sense. A spider doesn't "shoot" web fluid as mentioned before. So if peter took on all the powers of a spider, why would his webs "shoot"? Upon further evaluation, his "spider-sense" doesn't really fit with a "real" spider anyway. The arachnids may have hairs that can detect movement from around them, but SM senses go way beyound that.

Then I figured, hey if your going to make the guy stick to wall like a spider, give him some sort of sense like a spider, and make him hyper strong and quick, why not round the package off and give him some sort of webbing too..?

So if 'they' make him still use the shooters as a augment for special villians, then I may be liberal in allowing the organics.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 04:19 AM
ebosian is currently offline Click here to Send ebosian a Private Message Find more posts by ebosian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Definitely. I think if they keep the webshooters around I don't think it'll be a problem.

I also think Pete should have trouble with his organic webbing if he is worn out.

He would be sweating and losing juice in a fight. His webshooters were never related to his fatigue - but his organics should be.

Going back to my "spitting" thing. Spidey won't be able to keep a strong stream of webbing for long, and when he's fatigued, just like spit, he'll have even less of it unless he eats and drinks. This means during fights, he'll be running out at the most crucial points, i.e. at the end of fights. It could make for some truly interesting stories.

As long as the storytelling is good and he still has predicaments with his web, I'll be happy.

I bet we'll see the webshooters used again.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 01:43 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

I like the web shooters, I like the classic idea.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 08:24 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
#1Rupert_Lover
Loving Rupert Grint

well, i like the web shooters, too. but i think organics are better.

Buds-MerMorgan02; AddictedToBoys

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 09:59 PM
#1Rupert_Lover is currently offline Click here to Send #1Rupert_Lover a Private Message Find more posts by #1Rupert_Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

So your voting organics?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 10:06 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
#1Rupert_Lover
Loving Rupert Grint

yeah. pretty much.

Buds-MerMorgan02; AddictedToBoys

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 10:44 PM
#1Rupert_Lover is currently offline Click here to Send #1Rupert_Lover a Private Message Find more posts by #1Rupert_Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Okay well I'm voting web shooters. I guess we are tied.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 08:18 PM
grandi1

web

my problem with the web shooters is that it is never really explained, we just hav to accept that bcuz Peter is a genius he "somehow" creates this seemingly magical super strong sticky substance in his basement from unknown raw materials....that to me is dumb....the organic webbing however makes more sense seeing that the spider that bit him altered his dna to the point that he gained all these other characteristics of that spider

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 07:36 PM
grandi1 is currently offline Click here to Send grandi1 a Private Message Find more posts by grandi1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Well, technically he should be shooting webs up out his butt, organically, but we accept they somehow come out of wrists.

The web shooters DO speak to Peter's genius, as do his spider tracers. He invented these things as a 15 year old kid with no special equipment and a public school education.
Thats impressive as hell. Thats 'in a cave with a box of scraps' impressive.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2017 10:56 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ken8989
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's a bloody genius!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 03:46 PM
ken8989 is currently offline Click here to Send ken8989 a Private Message Find more posts by ken8989 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote