KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Any SLIPKNOT fans?

Any SLIPKNOT fans?
Started by: QuietPattern

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Insane Titan

Solway Firth is amazing , unsainted was good too. Can’t wait for the new album tomorrow.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2019 10:36 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

New album is getting really strong reviews. Many saying it's the best album of Slipknot's career.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2019 08:42 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
New album is getting really strong reviews. Many saying it's the best album of Slipknot's career.
yeah, I watched a review on YouTube and they said they got a massive IOWA feeling from the album with a lot of heavy stand out track.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2019 05:42 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Been a fan since i was 14
Really optimistic about the new Album

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 9th, 2019 05:57 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where’s a good place to start with Slipknot?

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2019 07:18 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I think their first album is their best. Iowa has some good tracks.

This new album has some good songs but as a whole isn't on par with the two albums I mentioned.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2019 08:42 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I'm not a big fan of Unsainted. Think the chorus is lame.

But after the first couple initial listens I really like "Birth of the Cruel," "Nero Forte," and "Spiders." Those are the stand-outs to me right off the bat.

Maybe more of it will grow on me, but so far as a whole I don't think it's as good as the last effort.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2019 11:29 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I like Orphan and Solway Firth a lot.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2019 11:57 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Yeah, those have grown on me a lot more. thumb up

Old Post Aug 10th, 2019 08:52 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Orphan , spiders, red flag, critical darling and Nero forte are all great. Along with unsainted, birth of the cruel and solway Firth it all adds up to a great album. The more I listen the better it gets for me.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2019 09:01 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

"Solway Firth" has grown on me a lot. I don't like the beginning, but everything else is strong as f#ck. The guitar work is great.

And I love the drum work on "Birth of the Cruel." That whole track is fu#king fantastic and brutal.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Aug 12th, 2019 at 02:16 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2019 02:11 PM
Insane Titan

Starting to dig liars funeral the more I hear it too

Old Post Aug 12th, 2019 06:05 PM
BackFire

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
"Solway Firth" has grown on me a lot. I don't like the beginning, but everything else is strong as f#ck. The guitar work is great.

I'm the same. The first time I heard Solway Firth I didn't think much of it. Now it's my favorite song off the album and probably my favorite slipknot song in years.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2019 08:07 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Their new album is the best they’ve done In a long time

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 05:33 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I put this together because the new mask is idiotic.

Attachment: masks thru the years (sized).jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 01:18 PM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by WeluvTwinkie
Slipknot is mediocre. They're definately not the worst nu-metal band out there, I'll give them that, though. Nothing special about them, except the lead singer will probably blow out his vocal chords in around 10 years.

This post has not aged well.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2020 04:38 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

They're a'ight.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2020 05:07 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

R.I.P. Joey Jordison

Dead at 46. Seems to have died in his sleep, according to family.

https://www.billboard.com/amp/artic...xVpK1KUszauz0sY

Old Post Jul 28th, 2021 07:17 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Oh shit, and apparently they're deep into working on new material...

https://www-loudersound-com.cdn.amp...reak-people-out

Old Post Jul 30th, 2021 05:26 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

New album 30 September, apparently.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2022 09:07 PM