KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Guild Wars

Guild Wars
Started by: SaTsuJiN

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
It's different from WoW.

My friend has been playing it for a while now, so he tells me quite a lot about it.

First and foremost, this isn't a MMOG, you actually play with only a few other people at a time, the only time it's massive is in town (I think) when you're just idling or chatting.

The game is basically, as the name suggests, based on group pvp. You get in a guild and battle against another team, this is basically the whole game.

I won't be playing it myself, doesn't look like it would hold my interest for very long.

So, say you've been playing CoH for about six months, and now want a comparable D&D experience... is Lineage II or WoW a better route to take over Guild Wars? Certainly sounds like it...

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post May 1st, 2005 03:44 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lol I can hardly imagine someone roleplaying in lineage 2 with how steep the grind is.. WoW may provide more of a role play experience (I think thats what you mean anyway), as they have strict roleplaying servers

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 1st, 2005 04:58 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

How much worse is grinding in Lineage II compared to CoH? Using a bunch of mid-20/30 level characters in that one, I can't imagine Lineage being THAT much worse...

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post May 1st, 2005 05:26 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Lineage II is the king of the grind, the whole game is based on the grind. I'd suggest WoW, big time. Role Playing is a big part of that game, especially if you join a Role Playing server.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 07:24 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

What Chris said.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post May 1st, 2005 11:27 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

my name on guild wars is Lord Skywalker im on a Ranger/Elementalist right now (level 17) i think the game is awesome its a ton of fun just adventuring out wiht people... i spent liek 6 hours going on a huge expedition... look me up in the game

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 12:42 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

some pics...

Even rangers need love:
(please log in to view the image)

out in the oceans:

wondering a field:

mass ranger pets:

scenic view:

the new build was messed up and the game would crash if you walked so everyone started doing /dance .... mostly without clothes.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 01:04 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

me after I bought all the ascalon gear

Attachment: me.jpg
This has been downloaded 96 time(s).

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 02:37 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

you know you can kill hud? ctrl + shift + h

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 07:11 AM
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Apparently i preordered it through best buy..... and it still hasn't fing come mad it said it was shipped on the 27th I already saved my name stick out tongue think i forgot lol its been a while big grin

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 07:26 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Thats why I never preorder anything, I hate making a commitment to a store and then they screw up and don't get it on the right day.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 11:15 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

yea i walked into gamestop on wednesday and bought it they even gave me the preorder box so i could log in that day and not wait for wide release on thursday.. pre-ordering is stupid

Old Post May 5th, 2005 02:06 AM
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

well i preordered because i knew i would have no money at this moment laughing out loud plus i really can;t play right now anywway laughing out loud

Old Post May 5th, 2005 02:13 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

so i went into eb games today to due some browsing. i asked the guy if he had played guild wars? he said no, but he advised against it because its not actually free like it says. he said that its free, but then upgrades keep coming out that you have to pay 20 dollars for.

is he full of crap? all ive heard is free online play, free online play, free online play. I am looking very possibly at buying this game.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 06:07 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah, there will be updates that will expand the game, but you don't have to buy them if you don't want to.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 08:55 AM
forumcrew

yea get it anyway.. theres TONS of stuff to do in the game

Old Post May 6th, 2005 07:38 PM
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Yeah i can tell how that there are like 4 kingdoms ranging from ice to molten to desolate... and there are orc armies, undead armies , zerg like things and demons big grin

Old Post May 6th, 2005 09:14 PM
forumcrew

theres many kinds of dragons, giants, trolls, ghosts, snakes, big ass tremor worms, centaurs, theres everything you could want to kill and its long as hell.. there plenty of stuff to find and do after 20

Old Post May 6th, 2005 11:55 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Elementalist Ranger, methinks. Water or Air specialized. Perhaps a Necromancer Ranger, too. Or maybe a Necromancer Warrior.

Teh hawtness.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 12:47 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Rangers and Warriors are not the best secondary classes.. ranger is ok as it though, but warrior is close to useless at it

btw you can change your secondary after you ascend but at a great price

Old Post May 7th, 2005 06:13 PM