KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » t-x vs t-1000

t-x vs t-1000
Started by: b-dan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TerminatorJed

-Sorry for double post-

Old Post Sep 9th, 2006 03:45 AM
TerminatorJed is currently offline Click here to Send TerminatorJed a Private Message Find more posts by TerminatorJed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TerminatorJed

Quit calling it a 'she' its a 'IT'

Old Post Sep 9th, 2006 03:48 AM
TerminatorJed is currently offline Click here to Send TerminatorJed a Private Message Find more posts by TerminatorJed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TerminatorJed

I don't know if this is the right address to send in comments or opinions. It was the only e-mail address I came across. Granted, I only looked for 5 minutes, but was mostly looking for "contact me" or "e-mail me" things. Anyway, I just wanna say that I saw Terminator 3. The movie was great, but the villian was rather disappointing. T-X was quite possibly the weakest of the T models. Coincidentally it was a female. Isn't that ironic? The T-X just didn't create that sense of "OH NO!! IT"S HERE!!" for me. I was more like "Oh okay she just got run over by a crane....and she's back...wow..." To me the T-1000 in T2 was a much stronger adversary, and in my opinion the strongest of the T models. The T-X had more abilites, cooler weapons, was faster and in all ways superior to any of the previous Terminators. With one exception. She had an internal skeleton with powercells, which when broken down, like the T-100's made her harmless. My arguement is that the T-1000 in T2 was a prototype, and therefore somehow incomplete. Yet, it was insanely powerful. Completely made of liquid metal so there was no inner body that could be destroyed, hence no weakness to exploit. The only way it was destroyed was by melting it in liquid steel. T-X was a field tested model and had been used in battle already. They simply grabbed one of many existing T-X's and whipped her back in time. T-X had a liquid metal make up on the outside, she could morph into people she had killed just like the T-1000 could, but the difference is that T-1000 had no inner body, it was completely liquid metal and could re-form from any damage. This made the T-1000 a much bigger threat. T-X vs. T-1000. T-X: Liquid Metal over inner skeleton housing power cores. Weapons: Missile Launchers, Flame Thrower, Pulse Beam Cannon Abilites: Morphing into people she'd killed, control over other machines. T-1000 Liquid Metal (Proto-type) Weapons: Knives, swords, hooks, other stabbing weapons Abilities: Morphing into anything it had sampled by contact (floors, puddles, people) T-X, weapons and ability wise is superior and the ability to control other machines was a grand advantage, but she could only control machines she had re programmed. (cars, trucks, and even the T-101). However, the liquid metal make up of T-1000 would ensure that she couldn't re program him. She had to terminate the T-101 before she could re program it and re boot it. There is no way the T-X could destroy the T-1000. Unless of course she conveniently found a steel mill and decided to give him a little dip in the pool of liquid metal. She could shoot him, hit him, chop him, burn him, shock him, crush him and utterly pulverise him, and he'd just keep coming back. Eventually she'd sustain enough damage to her inner skeleton to where she be dust. Now, true T3 is under a new director and I'm not sure as to whether this guy half assed put this story together, or if it was already written and he just got the okay from Cameron or not. But in my opinion, T-X was weak. Movie was good. Villian was horrible. Massively weak. All of her fights against the T-101, the T-101 man handled her. T-101 against the T-1000. 1000 owned him over and over again. I think the series officially ended with 2. That's what I'm gonna say. I don't know if it was originally meant for this series to go past that or not. The story elements in here were a little sketchy. Supposedly Skynet isn't a central computer according to the T3 story. Yet, in T2 the creator of Skynet, Miles Dyson was working on a learning computer which was the infant stages of Skynet and the T series' internal CPU's. Now I don't know where this fits in. Supposedly Skynet already existed at the time the T2 events took place and the military had been secretly making a machine army for their military. That part I could swallow, but I'd have to go back to Dyson. If this was true, then where the hell does this guy fit in. Why was he a major element in Skynet's developement if Skynet already existed. Supposedly Skynet is software. Uhhh...hello...Let's see here. In T2, Skynet is reputed to be a central computer that will run the military. There are refrences when Dyson is working on his computer and his wife tries to pull him away. He says "Imagine a jet air-liner with a pilot that never gets tired, never makes mistakes, never shows up to work with a hangover......Meet the pilot." and they both look at the CPU sitting on his desk. Also, in T2 they say that when Skynet becomes self aware, in a panic they try to pull the plug and Skynet fights back by launching missiles at Russia counting on the counter attack to eliminate it's enemies. However, at the end of T3, Skynet launches it's missiles at the U.S itself. Skynet also wasn't given a long time to learn. In T3 Skynet was initiated in response to a global computer virus whiping out all communications which turned out to be an act of Skynet all along. Apparently Judgement Day wasn't prevented in T2, just prolonged. Judgement Day didn't happen in 1997 like it was supposed to. So the whole "missiles launched at Russia" thing could have changed in that amount of time. Skynet probably decided to whipe out the middle man and just nix the people over here itself. All in all, I think T3 was a good movie, but some of the story elements definitely suffered. I left the theatre with a few question marks floating over my head. But that's my run down of my thoughts on T3. Perhaps you could post this on your site and I could see how my opinions stack up with others. But I stick by my opinion about the T-X. She sucked big time. 100% weak. T-1000 would have owned her so bad. It was cool seeing Arnold in it, which makes me want to beleive it's an official part of the Story line. But I say, screw the T-100's and grab a T-1000 and throw him in there. Although I'd be contradicting myself. If the T-X couldn't re program a T-1000, I suppose a human couldn't either.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2006 04:00 AM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Dude, the grenade laucher had him messed up. They ar both using the same nano tech only differently. Basically she blows him with the plasma canon and then reprograms him. Game Over.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Sep 25th, 2006 07:15 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

rolling on floor laughing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Sep 25th, 2006 08:22 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

laughing

WOW that's a 1075 word essay! LOL! Man you've been doing a lotta thinking haven't you, Jed? hehe!

I agree, T-X was pretty weak, and how she died in the end was kinda like "we don't have much time left, nor do we wanna extend the movie, let's jus get her crushed by a helicopter and then have Arnie shove a fuel cell down her throat!"

T-1000 was an awesome villian in T2. I liked that eeriness, suspense and fear he radiated whenever he stepped into the scene. Go Robert Patrick! big grin

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2006 10:57 PM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Imagine how well the T-X would be if Cameron was at the helm.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2006 11:12 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I think part of the problem is that this TX was just... too hot !

It kinda took our attention away from being afraid of her, instead we would admire her, haha.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 02:51 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vvvrulz
I think part of the problem is that this TX was just... too hot !

It kinda took our attention away from being afraid of her, instead we would admire her, haha.

True, lol. It's like "Should I run away from her, fearing for my life or ask for her number?"

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 06:07 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Well she has a phone.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 07:02 AM
chriscaffee

Dude.

Plasma is hotter than molten steel. The T-X would destroy the T-1000 with one shot. The only thing that can stand up to plasma is the T-850's plot armor.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 01:54 PM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T800 CSM101
NO FATE BUT WHAT WE MAKE

T-1000 ALL THE WAY BABY

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 03:38 PM
T800 CSM101 is currently offline Click here to Send T800 CSM101 a Private Message Find more posts by T800 CSM101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Depprived

Maybe the T-X is more advanced but the T-1000 wins in terms of freakiness!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 02:42 AM
Depprived is currently offline Click here to Send Depprived a Private Message Find more posts by Depprived Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

lol, yeah, seeing a naked guy running around stealing police uniforms at the beginning of a movie will send chills down anyone's spine.

On the other hand, seeing a naked hot chick will make any guy think "hmmm, where's the pause button?".

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2007 05:23 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader11

T-1000

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 02:05 AM
vader11 is currently offline Click here to Send vader11 a Private Message Find more posts by vader11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider999
Restricted

Account Restricted

how exactly would the T-1000 even hurt the T-X i mean would it get insider her and screw up her insides, if there as strong as her outsides then he's totally screwed.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 06:42 AM
Mider999 is currently offline Click here to Send Mider999 a Private Message Find more posts by Mider999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Just had a thought - Could the T-1000 latch on to the T-X?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 07:34 AM
vader11

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mider999
how exactly would the T-1000 even hurt the T-X i mean would it get insider her and screw up her insides, if there as strong as her outsides then he's totally screwed.
How you know he can't do that? T-1000 wins.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 05:54 PM
vader11 is currently offline Click here to Send vader11 a Private Message Find more posts by vader11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sidass

Remember guys that T-1000 is prototype ant it just only one. T-X is built to destroy other Termiantor(s) ,but i think those models like T-800 or T-600. Because T-1000 was dead. I think T-1000 would own T-X in batle.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 09:15 AM
sidass is currently offline Click here to Send sidass a Private Message Find more posts by sidass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TERMINATOR666

the whole t850 saying is stupid,cause in t4 arnies model was a t800 and looked more advanced than what arnold did in t3 and as far as who would win again T-1000 AND Tx the t-1000 hands down the tx has an endoskeleton the t-1000 could damage plus you couldnt trap a t-1000 underneath a helecopter. if the tx hits the t-1000 with plasma weapon,he'll just reform over and voer again.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 05:07 PM
TERMINATOR666 is currently offline Click here to Send TERMINATOR666 a Private Message Find more posts by TERMINATOR666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote