KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tournament Final

roflz
This poll is closed.
Khellendros 11 45.83%
Scoobless 13 54.17%
Total: 24 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tournament Final
Started by: ScarletSpider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
neowizard2005
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh no not again!

sick

Mental Health Worker(director) Neo

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 12:14 AM
neowizard2005 is currently offline Click here to Send neowizard2005 a Private Message Find more posts by neowizard2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

but perhaps it should be limited to actual comic history rather than adding other scenarios to the combatants, as their posts are what should be used to decide your vote

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 12:16 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
people are free to post in these ............i think....... plenty of people posted in my last 2 battles....... and i posted in other peoples

Sorry. My bad...

-DM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 12:25 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Khellendros
An insect who can counteract his powers, create antimatter bombs to take out the rest of his team, and a whisper that packs a class 80 punch.

he may possibly be able to counteract one aspect of his power but Grav has shown to be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, plus a class 80 hit may take out Hawkeye and Scourge but a shielded Carnage should be hurt but ok, shielded Puma could go either way and the rest would be fine....... although your team would lose both the street guys as well and the buildings would be destroyed hurting Hawksmoor badly

Yep, it's up to the voters to decide if a man who can keep the entire planet warm can kill one super dense man.

to decide if a guy who can become class 100, reshape the earth, hold all heroes helpless and slaughter a group of heroes without breaking a sweat can take out an alien in a cape.... smile

It doesn't matter why it was written, it's canon now. Mangog is stronger than Majestic? You just said Thor killed him, and no way is Thor stronger than Majestic.

Mangog is vastly stronger than Thor or Majestic

But hardness is what you get with ultra dense materials as well. No matter how hard or dense something is, it can only delay the inevitable by a few moments when exposed to lasers that approximate the heat of a sun.

apparently wolverine survived the sun so (BS i know) but there's no way to know for sure, the laser could be refracted and reflected by the graviton shield though

If Wonderman knows all about Black Bolt, then he knows he is screwed. Black Bolt is only class 60, but he has taken shots from the Hulk without going down. Black Bolt can take heavy punches from bricks like Hulk and Gladiator, but can go toe to toe with and even defeat skilled warriors like Ronan the Accuser and stalemate Adam Warlock. Electron blasts are all it takes and Wonderman is down.

Wonderman has taken down Thor a couple of times and gone toe to toe with Hulk showing he can take more than one of his punches, no way is BB more than he can handle..... especially with additional shielding

Everything I've ready says it kept his power from effecting her. And who said bringing in extra materials? He could scratch the design into any solid surface with one invulnerable finger nail. And since they would be fighting in a city or uban area, he could simply retrieve the parts from surrounding buildings.

but he'd have no tools..... building a complicated device to block a gravity wielding opponents power without cutting his entire team off from gravity and hurling them into space is tricky, precise...... possibly impossible work...... even more so without precise tools and a computer.... especially if BB destroys all the buildings

It's not irrelevant, because it shows that brute strength can effect energy shields in the MU. Holding the Hulk helpless? He can't fly. All he had to do was keep him from touching anything solid.

he couldn't even move his arms...... everyone was held in the exact same position
and different types of energy shield work in different ways.... Moonstone can phase through Songbirds but not Gravitons

Well, considering he was BEATEN by the Thunderbolts, no, I don't think he can stop this particular "Superman knock off". He was also stalemated by the Thing and Black Bolt when his powers went apesh*t and turned him into a sentient pocket universe!

he was beaten because he let his guard down to focus on reshaping the entire planet into a specific image, the Thunderbolts even admitted they wouldn't have been able to get close to him if he didn't let them
and the Thing/Black Bolt storyline was when he had much less control

If the field effects matter, matter can effect the field. It's similar to pulling two magnets with opposite charges apart. The magnetic field does resist, but with sufficient strength it can be overpowered. The same is true with Graviton's shield.

that may or may not be true....... however no force has ever proven to break his field or hold, and that would include the combined struggles of Thor, the Hulk, Wonderman, the Thing and many other powerhouses.... Majestic is not stronger than all of them together

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Mar 25th, 2005 at 12:51 AM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 12:46 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by K3VIL
Graviton gets defeated cause the writers creates situations where he "outsmart" himself.Let me explain.He gives his enemies the chance of beating him.Like in his last battle.He block all the heroes on Earth, he was going to change the shape of the continents(and if it isn't a great feat of power, tell me what).The T-Bolts hurted him cause he let them do it.He defeate himself.He was too much overloaded of his "credo" of being a God, to turn his attention to mere mortals.

Yes, mere mortals who then proceeded to take him out.

If Marvel Writers write Graviton in a smart way, considering he's also a scientist, and a good scientist, not the last of the idiots, he'll wipe out anything on his path and he probably be the ruler of Earth.
His senses exceed human rank, cause he can sense anything around himself.He can even hit a woman with a small stone in Australia while he was in the U.S.A.

His senses may exceed human rank, but they send signals to a brain that is still very much human. Majestic operates at speed levels in the Flash and Superman ranks.

Mr. Majestic can held by Graviton and then reduced to a chunk of blood and flesh, cause there's no limit to the force the old G can create.He was able to hold down Thor, Hulk and other strong guys.His force fields have blocked attacks that exceed Majestic's laser vision.GodForce Blast is one of those attacks.

No, actually, Graviton CAN'T hold Majestic down, that's been my point all along. And there are limits. HE can only reach the white dwarf/black hole levels of gravitational fields when amped up somehow. And it would take those kinds of gravity fields to even slow Majestic down. Are you noticng that the storng guys you happen to be mentioning are all non-fliers? Majestic didn't punch his way into the center of the sun, he FLEW there. His flight capabilities are more than a match for anything Graviton can bring to this fight. I'm not going to argue the GodForce blast's strength in comparison to the laser vision. The fact is, visible light passes unhindered through Graviton's protective fields, which means Majestic's laser vision can get through and kill him.

Graviton has blocked attacks of some fast heroes like Jolt, Thor, and others.

From what I hear he stopped Jolt because she was electrical in nature. Thor and "others" aren't anywhere near as fast as Majestic.

Thor isn't fast as majestic?

That's what I'm saying, yes.

There only slightly, rarely occasions in which Thor is showed clearly using superspeed, but he possess it.He's in the lightning speed rank.
Majestic landing blows while Thor land one or two blows?
If he can hit Superman he can hit Majestic.

Thor is faster than peak human, no doubt. He may even possess low level DC speedster speed, but there is no way he matches Supermans TOP speeds. He hit Superman in the comic because it would have been a crappy read if Superman had speedblitzed him. Unlike Supes, Majestic does NOT hold back.

Anyway, as I was assuming before, a well written Graviton, is near unbeatable.Only telepathic attacks would work on him, or Cosmic Power.

Funny you should mention telepathic attacks. Guess what Black Bolt has doen on two (possibly three) separate occasions? Yep, used his power over all forms of electron energy to control the impulses of a brain. He's forced his crazy telepathic brother to stop ranting, walk across a jail cell, and go to sleep. He's also broken the telepathic link forged by a child psychic of considerable power. AND he cut off the connection between Mandarin and his rings. Jeez, the list of ways Graviton can be beaten just keeps growing. Graviton won't be trying to crush anything if he's passed out.

My reply to Scoobless will be in my next post.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 03:34 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

No, actually, Graviton CAN'T hold Majestic down, that's been my point all along. And there are limits. HE can only reach the white dwarf/black hole levels of gravitational fields when amped up somehow. And it would take those kinds of gravity fields to even slow Majestic down. Are you noticng that the storng guys you happen to be mentioning are all non-fliers?.

he's held Thor and the rest of the avengers down on the ground before, so it isn't merely a matter of saying it's because they can't fly

From what I hear he stopped Jolt because she was electrical in nature. B]

Jolt actually got a hit in before that, but it did nothing to him

[B]Funny you should mention telepathic attacks. Guess what Black Bolt has doen on two (possibly three) separate occasions? Yep, used his power over all forms of electron energy to control the impulses of a brain. He's forced his crazy telepathic brother to stop ranting, walk across a jail cell, and go to sleep. He's also broken the telepathic link forged by a child psychic of considerable power. AND he cut off the connection between Mandarin and his rings. Jeez, the list of ways Graviton can be beaten just keeps growing. Graviton won't be trying to crush anything if he's passed out.

and Black Bolt wont be doing anything after Wonderman crushes his skull

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 03:49 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

he may possibly be able to counteract one aspect of his power but Grav has shown to be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, plus a class 80 hit may take out Hawkeye and Scourge but a shielded Carnage should be hurt but ok, shielded Puma could go either way and the rest would be fine....... although your team would lose both the street guys as well and the buildings would be destroyed hurting Hawksmoor badly

Actually, Bolt's scream only destroys everything around him when he's screaming into open space. Whenever he gets close to powerhouses like Hulk and Gladiator and whispers, they absorb the full brunt of the scream. BB can hold Wonderman still with a containment field and whisper right into his ear.

to decide if a guy who can become class 100, reshape the earth, hold all heroes helpless and slaughter a group of heroes without breaking a sweat can take out an alien in a cape.... smile

An alien in a cape who is close to Pre-Crisis Supes strength levels, yes.

Mangog is vastly stronger than Thor or Majestic

Let's just agree to disagree on this one.

apparently wolverine survived the sun so (BS i know) but there's no way to know for sure, the laser could be refracted and reflected by the graviton shield though

Actually, his skeleton survived being NEAR the sun, and Phoenix basically remade him around the adamantium. It can't be refracted if Graviton doesn't even know it's coming.

Wonderman has taken down Thor a couple of times and gone toe to toe with Hulk showing he can take more than one of his punches, no way is BB more than he can handle..... especially with additional shielding

You'll never see me argue that Black Bolt can't hang with other bricks on strength alone, but he doesn't need to. Between his vast electron powers, matter manipulation and scream, I could have made a decent case for him as my everyman. With all his other powers intact and still having access to whispers, he is more than enough of a match for Wonderman. BB has gone toe to toe with Thor, stood toe to toe and knocked out Gladiator and has made Hulk his woman every time they have fought.

but he'd have no tools..... building a complicated device to block a gravity wielding opponents power without cutting his entire team off from gravity and hurling them into space is tricky, precise...... possibly impossible work...... even more so without precise tools and a computer.... especially if BB destroys all the buildings

He has superstrength, superspeed, and the finest cutting/welding tool ever seen. He reporgrammed Eradicator, the living kryptonian weapon, simply by using flashes of laser vision. He actually made Eradicator BETTER. And see my first paragraph for why BB wouldn't even harm the buildings.

he couldn't even move his arms...... everyone was held in the exact same position
and different types of energy shield work in different ways.... Moonstone can phase through Songbirds but not Gravitons

See my analogy using magnetic fields for why Majestic can break through the shield.

he was beaten because he let his guard down to focus on reshaping the entire planet into a specific image, the Thunderbolts even admitted they wouldn't have been able to get close to him if he didn't let them
and the Thing/Black Bolt storyline was when he had much less control

EXACTLY(in reference to the italicized bit)! Graviton, at normal power level, had to concentrate to rearrange one single planet! Majestic has rearranged the entire solar system. Majestic is one very large step above Graviton in terms of power.

that may or may not be true....... however no force has ever proven to break his field or hold, and that would include the combined struggles of Thor, the Hulk, Wonderman, the Thing and many other powerhouses.... Majestic is not stronger than all of them together

Graviton has never faced a force that can move planets. He has to focus utterly on simply moving continents. Physically, he may not be able to lift more weight that all of those bricks combined, but none of them can duplicate the feats Majestic has performed using his flight power in conjunction with his strength.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 03:58 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

this is the only bio i found on Mangog..... he is stronger than Maj though

http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-mangog.html

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 04:15 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

he's held Thor and the rest of the avengers down on the ground before, so it isn't merely a matter of saying it's because they can't fly

Oh, they can fly, but not with the force that can move planets.

Jolt actually got a hit in before that, but it did nothing to him

Yes, but he was protected by his forcefield, right? We're talking about speed, and with someone who is as vulnerable to Graviton as Jolt, speed is meaningless.

and Black Bolt wont be doing anything after Wonderman crushes his skull

Wonderman won't be crushing his skull when he's getting knocked unconscious by multiple electron blasts.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 06:55 AM
ArekExcelsior2

Khellandros (who earned my vote, BTW) pointed out that EM is stronger than gravity. Yes, in the technical sense that electromagnetism as a FORCE is almost infinitely stronger. All the atoms in a magnet will exert no detectable gravitional force, yet you can see unaided the results of their electromagnetic force.

However, EM doesn't occur in the quantities gravity does. Gravity is the most present, if one of the weakest, universal forces.

Then again, since this isn't "Gravity vs. EM" but "Black Bolt v. Graviton"... I'd daresay that Black Bolt's variety of skills and intense experience would let him at least hold off Graviton's singularity abilities.

By the way: Making a black hole would produce enough chaos factors to kill almost everybody else on the field (save Jenny, probably). For example: Black holes generate masers, essentially microwave lasers. So if Graviton wants ANY kind of human shield or distracting force, he has to be a lot more careful about his powers than Majestic does (not that Majestic gets a free ride in this regard).

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 10:30 AM
ArekExcelsior2 is currently offline Click here to Send ArekExcelsior2 a Private Message Find more posts by ArekExcelsior2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Oh, they can fly, but not with the force that can move planets.

Thor couldn't move at all and Graviton wasn't even remotely straining himself..... it'll hold down Majestic

Yes, but he was protected by his forcefield, right? We're talking about speed, and with someone who is as vulnerable to Graviton as Jolt, speed is meaningless.

actually he never bothered with the force field at that point as he was so overconfident that he didn't see anyone as any kind of threat to him

Wonderman won't be crushing his skull when he's getting knocked unconscious by multiple electron blasts.

you seem to have Black Bolt defending against both Wonderman and Graviton at the same time....... he isn't capable of that with his scream/whisper powers limited the way they are

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 03:33 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Thor couldn't move at all and Graviton wasn't even remotely straining himself..... it'll hold down Majestic

No, because Thor simply has great physical strength. Whereas Majestic has even greater physical strength and an exceptionally powerful flight capabilities.

actually he never bothered with the force field at that point as he was so overconfident that he didn't see anyone as any kind of threat to him

lol
Kinda makes me think he'll be underestimating Majestic, then. Why even have a shield up at all, if he thinks he's such a badass?

you seem to have Black Bolt defending against both Wonderman and Graviton at the same time....... he isn't capable of that with his scream/whisper powers limited the way they are

No, I have Wonderman getting knocked out in moments freeing black Bolt to take on Graviton or Vision. His scream powers are indeed limited, but his other electron abilities, the main reason I picked Black Bolt, are still at full power.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 01:17 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

i just put up a Dragon Man V's Vision thread as i don't know how either of them will beat the other..... hopefully someone can offer me some help there......... lol

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t332353.html

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 01:28 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

i just put up a Dragon Man V's Vision thread as i don't know how either of them will beat the other..... hopefully someone can offer me some help there......... lol

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t332353.html

heheheh Yeah, I saw.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 01:44 AM
demigawd
Board Scientist

Good fights so far.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 02:29 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArekExcelsior2

Is Graviton's shield totally environmental? Can it stop attacks as varied as sound, manipulated electrons, ordinary light, etc.? I think that Graviton's shield is just getting pierced, surpassed and blown to bits in this fight.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 03:29 AM
ArekExcelsior2 is currently offline Click here to Send ArekExcelsior2 a Private Message Find more posts by ArekExcelsior2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Gravitons shield has never been succesfully penetrated by the Avengers, including Thor's Godforce blast, the Thunderbolts, which features Songbird who uses sound as her weapon or the Redeemers....... i'm not sure who else has tried

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 03:34 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by ArekExcelsior2
Is Graviton's shield totally environmental? Can it stop attacks as varied as sound, manipulated electrons, ordinary light, etc.? I think that Graviton's shield is just getting pierced, surpassed and blown to bits in this fight.

It doesn't block ordinary light. It doesn't SEEM to block sound, since he doesn't go deaf inside of the shield, but who knows.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 03:54 AM
ArekExcelsior2

In this case, it matters since Black Bolt can do pseudo-psychic abilities by controlling nerves/electron flows, apparently. A full on mental stun or VX-like effect would pretty much end it.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 04:33 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

as far as i'm aware Black Bolt still has to breath, create a vacuum around the area and he wont be doing anything

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 04:43 AM