KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos Team VS. YOU....

Thanos Team VS. YOU....
Started by: Sentry

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonheartmm
not really, nate and cable can be disabled only if they are caught by surprise and since they have a month's worth of preptime, theyll be prepared plus, sentry cud single handedly take down team Thanos.

i doubt it...... magic like Dormammu's has a way of messing people up..... i don't like the amount of credit people give Sentry as we have seen so little from him....... but Thanos would be prepped for the mutie scum and take them down sharpish

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 06:53 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

If Sentry is as powerful as advertised, he's beyond skyfather level and wouldnt' count anyway.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 07:02 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

hmmm well yea i suppose he is beyond skyfather level, he did stalemate galactus after all

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 07:30 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by leonheartmm
hmmm well yea i suppose he is beyond skyfather level, he did stalemate galactus after all

was that ever a comic or just a line from the sentry books?....... i've never seen it in a comic sad

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 08:13 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

It was from the Spiderman/Sentry oneshot. Spiderman said:

quote:
The same guy who once fought Galactus to a standstill--he knew your name! God... When you were just a kid, The Sentry took out the Menace just by staring at him! This guy was everything

It was never actually shown in the comics. To my knowledge.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 08:39 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Sentry is basically a walking high showing. It's understandable, of course, but I think you'll be disappointed in how he'll probably be powered down in current continuity. After all, he's going to be joining forces with Dr. Strange, X-men and the Avengers to take on Magneto. If he were still Galactus level, he probably wouldn't need to do that.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 08:53 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Well I think Sentry's the most powerful hero on EARTH. In the New Avengers series, Matt Murdock quoted Reed saying Sentry was the most powerful hero on earth. That person Electro carried out was probably the Void, and no one on earth stands a chance against the Void. With that being said I think the Void and Sentry together, since their are same being, only exact opposites, could take on The Thanos Team. Dormammu will be a problem though. I have no idea how the Sentry and Void will fare against ambient magical energy. My team wouldn't count I think. The Void and Sentry are close to or maybe even above skyfather level.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 09:04 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

if it was the Void that escaped wouldn't Sentry know? so why would he go back to jail?...... how could they hold the Void in a jail anyway???

i think you may be wrong there

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 09:10 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

and there was a list of all the escapees in New Avengers..... they would have sh!t themselves if Void was on a "missing" list

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 09:10 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

It's just rumors but with a high probability it's the Void. I'm pretty sure Bendis is going to include the Void in the storyline of the New Avengers. My theory is, that most of the world's heroes don't know about the Void and Sentry. Only a few people know of his existence. Ex: Reed, Dr. Strange, and the Hulk.In theory, I think that was Void in a host body or a body that resembled Robert Reynolds who was somehow rendered powerless by the Sentry, and he tried to make everyone forget about him by sitting in jail for all those years. Since the Void is basically the Sentry's evil side, I think the Void was the one who probably killed his wife. He probably got the blame for it, or he felt really guilty since he basically created the Void when he drank the serum, and turned himself in to S.H.I.E.L.D. I'm pretty sure none of them remembered the Sentry or the Void even if he was on the missing list.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 12:20 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

Sentry is gonna get his powers lowered for sure.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 12:21 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by demigawd
Rune King Thor - the total package - magic power enough to easily beat Sutur and an enhanced Loki, strength, skill, and the wisdom of the ages at his command - he's the perfect leader

Dr. Strange - magic power and the ability to summon the combined might of the Vishanti to aid Thor in taking down Dormammu

The Doctor - magic power to back up Dr. Strange in case he falls short against Dormammu. He'll have enough to spare to also aid in taking down Thanos

Martian Manhunter - psionic power enough to block Thanos' psionic attacks, as well as the versatility to stay untouched while coordinating Thor's commands telepathically

Ikaris - It's also best to have a backup power source. So Ikaris can lend his psionic abilities to back up MM's. He also has enough durability not to get taken out in one shot and the strength and energy projection to hold his own in battle. I'd put him against Apocalypse.

Mangog - Mangog knows Thanos well - and being perhaps the physically strongest being in the marvel universe, has enough raw power to take down Thanos while he's occupied by:

Doomsday - a being with incredible strength and speed. Thanos will have trouble fighting off a combined front by the Doctor's magic, Ikaris - psionics and energy projection, and MM's strength and psionics

Silver Surfer - He'll clean up on Apocalypse. God Cable is everything that he was designed to be by Sinister -a perfect weapon against Apocalypse. Surfer owned him. Imagine what he'd do to Apoc.

Who's playing the role of the counter-attacker? Sentry?

Off we go demi...

Apocalypse has been using his prep time well. He has preemptively grown to the size of, let's say Jupiter. The moment the battle begins, he punches. TH-BOOOOM. The heroes are stunned and any shields (probably from the Doctor) that have been put up have been temporarily disabled by Apoc's Class 1,000,000 punch. He punches again...this time actually connecting. Doomsday, Ikaris, and MM bite it right then and there...can't take a punch of that class....and MM's telepathic shields will mean crap. Thanos, of course, has a telepathic inhibitor with his prep so any attempt to stop Apocalypse telepathically are futile.

The two Doctors are prepped enough and paranoid enough to survive the initial onslaught, and Surfer/Mangog/Thor survive the punch. Thanos steps in then and starts wailing on Surfer....they're fighting but Surfer is losing. Apoc takes Mangog, who is strong as hell but not as tough as Apoc (at this point, Apoc may not be the most invulnerable, but he's producing the most power in the fight.).

The Doctors are actually winning against Dormammu (can't go against my boy)...but Dormammu is playing defensive...making it a long fight.

King Thor is making the fight interesting and manages to kill Apocalypse, but not before he takes out Mangog and Thanos puts a stop to Surfer (in the past when they've met, it hasn't taken Thanos long....and he'd have shields and stuff).

King Thor and prepped Thanos is kind of a wash, but in between their epic fight they try to help their teammates. But Dormammu is a spirit-being...the Doctors are physical beings. Thanos gets a few shots in here or there...enough to distract the two Dr's. since they have their hands full with Dormammu. King Thor can't do the same to Dormammu...so Dormammu slowly takes the upper hand. Strange slips up, Dor takes him out, and the Doctor follows soon after. Thanos is getting kinda weak but with Dormammu at his side they take down King Thor.

....that was rough....you made me do my homework demi....and I'm sure you'll have a good retort to my defense.

-DM

P.S. Whoever picked Nimrod is a stud....helluva pick.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 04:06 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

K Von Doom....nice team. Nimrod kicks ass, and Shadow King is another quasi-obscure but sweet pick. I'll leave the Thanos-supporting against your team to someone else...

And anyone wanna take a shot at my team? You'll lose evil face but it might be fun...

-DM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 04:12 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

Here's my team:

the greek god Hephaestus: he can make any weapon his mind can concieve.

Reed Richards: for obvious reasons
Magneto: forcefields and such, who knows maybe he can get a hold of somebody's bloodsmile
Black Bolt:
Strange:
Hulk:
Juggernaut:

ok Boom! this how it goes down, this is gonna be a brute strentgh thing. Heph and Reed knock ther heads together and come up with some awesome shit. the first thing they do is create two tree trunk sized billy clubs out of adamantine(the substance the heph uses to create all the wepoans for the gods, its also stronger than adamanitum). but the thing is they make them wieigh a few pounds but has the density of a neutron star(really freaking dense,)

the next thing they do is create a sonic amplification harness for black bolt, not only does it increases is powers 10 fold(lets be modest) it also allows him to harness more 'free floating electrons" to increase his STR to well over CLass100. then they also create another device for magneto to beast-like his powers. Reed knows he cant do much physically so he just fires blasts from a device he creates from afar. Heph's god complex kicks in and he feels like he doesnt need to dirty his hands.

Strange cloaks hulk and Juggyand then Boom! sic them on them and let them wail on Mofokers with those super dense adamantine clubs, no one will be able to stand up to that shit. thanos team, bewildered not knowing what the F is knocking the shit outta them incurs all sorts of injuries.

Strange casts spells, Reed blasts with his cannon, Magento doubles as a blaster and a forcefield creator, and once they softened them nicley they roll-out Black Bolt, fall back allow Reed, Magento, Hepahestus, and Strange to individually construct forefileds to protect everybody and just Let BB recite the 23 psalm as loud as he can, and of course have magneto further amplify the sound across the EM spectrum.(namely radar, and sonar).

The End, of the whole solar system that is

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 05:08 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

one more thing. i know that thanos and dormammu are known for thier forcfileds, magical and other wise put apoc hasnt demonrated that too much he just usually stands up to attacks and let his unvulnerabilty do the rest, so he gets cut down first....just keep that in mind

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 05:29 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Apocalypse has been using his prep time well. He has preemptively grown to the size of, let's say Jupiter.

Oh man...I was in the middle of drinking some orange juice when I read this and I almost choked. It took me a half hour to clean the orange juice off of my sofa.

JUPITER???

ok, ok, I realize that Marvel has said that Apoc's strength is potentially limitless and all of that, but they say that about every character. They said the Hulk's strength is limitless, that Destroyer's strength is limtless, that Magneto's power is limitless. With that many vague definitions, I can't, in good faith, say something like, "Destroyer increases his strength so much that he destroys the universe in one punch" any more than I can say, "Apocalypse grows so large that his sheer size tips the earth off its axis and sends it flying into deep space, killing everybody in the process", because that's exactly what would happen, lol.

No, I tend to prefer going by feats. Apocalypse has grown to about 50 feet or so a couple of times. No way is he becoming Jupiter sized, lol.

quote:

The moment the battle begins, he punches. TH-BOOOOM. The heroes are stunned and any shields (probably from the Doctor) that have been put up have been temporarily disabled by Apoc's Class 1,000,000 punch.

ok, even assuming for a second that I'm going to let you get away with Apoc being Jupiter-sized, he's so large that he couldn't have a precise shot. He'd kill everybody - even his own team.

Either way, the strategy would probably work against Apoc's team. A class one million attack by someone Jupiter-sized (I still can't get over that, lol) would be so slow that the Doctor could easily teleport them away in time, destroying the battlefield entirely. The Doctor then teleports behind Apoc and shinks him back down to size...or even separates him from his Celestial tech, turning him into a rip off of Mr. Fantastic.

quote:

The two Doctors are prepped enough and paranoid enough to survive the initial onslaught, and Surfer/Mangog/Thor survive the punch. Thanos steps in then and starts wailing on Surfer....they're fighting but Surfer is losing. Apoc takes Mangog, who is strong as hell but not as tough as Apoc (at this point, Apoc may not be the most invulnerable, but he's producing the most power in the fight.).

Thor would immediately go after Thanos, since he recognizes him as the biggest threat. Thanos vs. Warrior's Madness Thor was a wash. Rune King Thor is more powerful than Odin. He'll tear Thanos apart worse than Odin did. Remember, Odin was completely unhurt against Thanos, and Thanos was staggering to his feet by the end of the fight. Surfer would instead focus elsewhere. Probably finishing off whatever is left of the de-powered Apoc.

quote:

The Doctors are actually winning against Dormammu (can't go against my boy)...but Dormammu is playing defensive...making it a long fight.

Yeah, it could take awhile

quote:

King Thor is making the fight interesting and manages to kill Apocalypse, but not before he takes out Mangog and Thanos puts a stop to Surfer (in the past when they've met, it hasn't taken Thanos long....and he'd have shields and stuff).

Well, Surfer would take Apocalypse, Thor, as I mentioned above, would insist on taking Thanos. Surfer would agree because he knows Thano has his number.

quote:

King Thor and prepped Thanos is kind of a wash, but in between their epic fight they try to help their teammates.

Not a wash - Rune King Thor beasts on Thanos. Thanos isn't quite skyfather level. Rune King is at the top of the Skyfather chain.

quote:

But Dormammu is a spirit-being...the Doctors are physical beings. Thanos gets a few shots in here or there...enough to distract the two Dr's. since they have their hands full with Dormammu. King Thor can't do the same to Dormammu...so Dormammu slowly takes the upper hand.

Untrue! There's a reason I picked Oeming's Rune King Thor over Jurgen's King Thor. Rune King is a master magician - wielding Rune Magic, which is on Vishanti Level. From a pure magic perspective, Rune King Thor is a rival to Dormammu. Once Rune King finishes up with Thanos, which shouldn't take long, his might combined with the two doctors will be waaaaay too much for Dorm.

quote:

P.S. Whoever picked Nimrod is a stud....helluva pick.

Nimrod is cool...but his durability is something of a question mark at this level.

Let me go back and find your team... evil face evil face

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 06:24 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

Ok...I have a wicked cool plan (I'm smiling ear-to-ear just thinking about it). Here's the team.

Asgardian Destroyer (the Skyfather level)
Thor (he can control the Destroyer)
Martian Manhunter
Absorbing Man
Hulk
The Doctor (Authority)
Mimic
Wolverine

Pretty weak team you say. And right now, I would agree. But stay with me...

Absorbing Man goes to the hardware store and absorbs about every different substance known to man. He also stops at a computer store, and absorbs the properties of it as well as all of the the information he can find on the Internet (he has done this before...after ward he beat most of the Avengers easily). So he can think at the speed of a high-speed computer (we'll say, to be modest, a few hundred thousand calculations and thoughts a second)

The first problem is, Creed can only absorb one thing at a time and he becomes that thing. He can absorb information and retain that information, but he's not Rogue, lol.

Thanos and Dormma are not publicly known - there isn't any more information he could learn over the internet than he could from people like Adam Warlock and Dr. Strange. And I'm sure the Avengers have lots of information about him too.

quote:

Now everyone on the team lines up in front of Absorbing Man. First he absorbs Thor and his Class 100 strength (this doesn't hurt his teammates mind you) and also the magical properties of Thor's hammer.

He then absorbs MM (so he's a telepath), Wolverine's claws (so he can change into adamantium) and also Wolvie's blood so he can heal really fast. He absorbs the Hulk, his strength, and his ability to get stronger with rage. Just for good measure he absorbs the magical properties of the Destroyer. So he's a 100+ strength level magical telepath who can change into adamantium at will and heal almost instantaneously (Hulk and Wolvie) and thinks at a speed infinitely faster than normal.

Where did the fast thinking come into play? He absorbed information from the internet, but not anything to enhance his ability to think, right?

And like I said before, he can only absorb one thing at a time. In fact, 99% of the reason he loses fights is because he gets tricked into absorbing something stupid. Like a cardboard replica of mjolnir (I'm not kidding!), or a glass bottle, or the ocean. If he could turn into some other substance, he wouldn't have been beaten like that.

Additionally, absorbing Wolverine's blood won't give him advanced healing...it will turn him into Wolverine's blood, lol.

quote:

Next it's Mimic's turn. Mimic can absorb up to 5 people's powers, but only 50% of them. He absorbs Thor, Wolvie, MM, and the Hulk...so he's 50% of all of them.

Mimic can only copy mutant powers, no superhumans. That's why he's only ever had mutant abilities. In the MU, it's the five original X-men. In the Exiles universe, it's Cyclops, Colossus, Northstar, Wolverine and Beast.

quote:

But then he turns to Absorbing Man. They both smile. evil face Abosrbing Man is everyone (minus the Doctor..all of his powers might be hard to absorb and control) and Mimic absorbs him. So now Mimic is 100% of the aforementioned people and is also an uber-badass 100+ strength level magical telepath who can change to adamantium and heal and think much faster than normal (though only 50% the speed of Absorbing Man...but it's still hella fast).

Actually, your scenario doesn't even get to this point because of the limitations I described above.

smokin'

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 07:05 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by demigawd
The first problem is, Creed can only absorb one thing at a time and he becomes that thing. He can absorb information and retain that information, but he's not Rogue, lol.

Thanos and Dormma are not publicly known - there isn't any more information he could learn over the internet than he could from people like Adam Warlock and Dr. Strange. And I'm sure the Avengers have lots of information about him too.

Where did the fast thinking come into play? He absorbed information from the internet, but not anything to enhance his ability to think, right?

And like I said before, he can only absorb one thing at a time. In fact, 99% of the reason he loses fights is because he gets tricked into absorbing something stupid. Like a cardboard replica of mjolnir (I'm not kidding!), or a glass bottle, or the ocean. If he could turn into some other substance, he wouldn't have been beaten like that.

Additionally, absorbing Wolverine's blood won't give him advanced healing...it will turn him into Wolverine's blood, lol.

Mimic can only copy mutant powers, no superhumans. That's why he's only ever had mutant abilities. In the MU, it's the five original X-men. In the Exiles universe, it's Cyclops, Colossus, Northstar, Wolverine and Beast.

Actually, your scenario doesn't even get to this point because of the limitations I described above.

smokin'

...hmmm...give me a second to lick my wounds.

...k...now it's go time. Apparently I was a bit misinformed about Absorbing Man's and Mimic's powers. But he has absorbed the processing speed of a computer before, allowing him to calculate really fast.

This kinda throws my plan, and I have a busy weekend, so it'll be a while before I regroup. But this isn't over.... wink I shall return....(hopefully with a plan that actually works...lol).

-DM

P.S. Given his powers, Apoc COULD grow to the size of Jupiter. Poor writing and a need for the good guys to always win have contributed to this aspect of his power never being fully used. That said, this isn't even a "logical extension" of his powers like the stupid "Flash can explode people" argument....it's his powers period!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 09:06 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

Do you believe that Apocalypse can grow to the size of the universe and cause it to collapse under its own weight? If not, why not?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 09:55 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

anyone wanna take a shot at my team? You'll lose evil face but it might be fun...

-DM

well you never countered my guys plan yet.......

Originally posted by Scoobless
Reed Richards, Flash, Rogue, Tony Stark, Martian Manhunter, Silver Surfer, Dr Strangefate, King Thor

during the first absorbtion they come up with a way to make her absorbtions permanent without killing the absorbees smile ....still has 30 days left to prep at super duper speed

i don't know what a super scientist can come up with in the equivelant of decades of prep time....... a machine that turns water into hot water?

how about...... creating the tech to give everyone on the team everyone else's powers...... and weapons that fire phased energy pulses that bypass any force fields...... and a suit for Strangefate like the one in "what if...... Tony Stark became sorcerer supreme?" (he invents an armour that instantly recognises threats and comes up with the proper counter spell...... much faster than Strange could alone.... plus it amplifies the wearers power and also fires the standard IM weapons)

Armour for all members..... magical reinforcement for all members

you're missing the point........ my team was created specifically for the optimal prep time usage...... but with the ideas i just thought of (thanks to your prompting) they could also be useful in battle......

my "Ultimate Prep Team" would kick these guys asses

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 11:19 AM