KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos Team VS. YOU....

Thanos Team VS. YOU....
Started by: Sentry

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kgkg
Vigilante

Dormammu , THanos can't be beat.

Only one Skylevel , and 7 fool who are gonna get murdered.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 02:33 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Oh man, I missed this whole thing...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
well you never countered my guys plan yet.......

Not sure I dig the whole, "invents something that gets around everything" concept. I think you'd have to be more specific. That includes stuff like, "Make Rogue's power absorption permanent without hurting anybody" and "invent something that gets around all forcefields", etc. Because then you end up in a situation like in The Big Hit:

"Trace his call!"
"It won't work...he has a tracebuster!"
"That's ok, I have a tracebuster buster!"
"Dammit, he has a tracebuster buster buster!"

I do like the idea of armor that auto-counters with a spell, though.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 07:52 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

but it's Reed and Tony working at Flash's speed with Surfer's resources...... you KNOW they could do it

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 08:08 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Wait...I missed something. How are Reed and Tony working at Flash speed?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 08:40 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

because they all got absorbed into Rogue....

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 08:41 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

But you said, "during the first absorbtion they come up with a way to make her absorbtions permanent without killing the absorbees ....still has 30 days left to prep at super duper speed"

So that means Rogue absorbed them, right? So how are Reed and Tony working that Flash speed when Rogue did the absorbing?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 09:44 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

because she absorbs their minds as well........ this time she lets Reed take over as it's all part of the plan....... he can defer to Tony whenever the need arrises

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 09:49 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

But if Rogue does the mind-absorbing...how does she pass that back to Reed and Stark? You're saying that Rogue absorbs all these people, then Reed takes over? Takes over what? How? And how does Tony get in on that?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 10:15 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

well she normally supresses the personalities she absorbs but i'm sure Strangefate (who is Xavier under the mask) can get her to let others take over if she wants them to

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 10:18 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

Oh, I see what you're saying. So it's not actually Reed and Tony doing it, you're saying that it's actually Rogue with Reed and Tony's personality doing it, right? Her powers don't work that way - she absorbs powers, and she absorbs aspects of someone's personality and memory - she doesn't absorb intellect. So she'd be able to, in theory, recreate anything Reed has created in the past, but she couldn't create anything new from his personality and memories - because it requires specific analytical abilities that he's not able to absorb since it's not a power. Essentially, it's collecting wisdom, but not intelligence. Does that make sense?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 10:23 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by demigawd
Oh, I see what you're saying. So it's not actually Reed and Tony doing it, you're saying that it's actually Rogue with Reed and Tony's personality doing it, right? Her powers don't work that way - she absorbs powers, and she absorbs aspects of someone's personality and memory - she doesn't absorb intellect. So she'd be able to, in theory, recreate anything Reed has created in the past, but she couldn't create anything new from his personality and memories - because it requires specific analytical abilities that he's not able to absorb since it's not a power. Essentially, it's collecting wisdom, but not intelligence. Does that make sense?

well if that's the case i'm sure between Strangefate and Manhunter they can switch Reed's mind into Flash's body......... hmmm....... if i do that i can ditch Rogue altogether for someone more useful

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 10:26 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

That's a reasonable alternative, assuming Reed's mind is able to cope with managing those kinds of physical speeds. So once you've done that, what will you build to counter Team Thanos?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 10:28 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I need a better team....and a plan. And I'm spent, so I'll give up for the moment. And please, no one take shots at my team, even though I previously issued a challenge...demi already did...quite a few logical holes in my plan. My tail is temporarily between my legs sad but it was that I was misinformed (never actually read a comic with mimic in it, and only a couple with absorbing man) and not lack of planning ability.

And I was going to try and counter the ultimate prep team (ultimate punch in the other, ultimate prep in this...I guess too much of a good thing can be flat out great sometimes) but demi gave it a shot, and it seems like the prep thing could work. They'd still have their work cut out for them, but the super-prep would give them a fighting chance.

-DM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 02:35 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

I'm an ogre! evil face

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 02:40 AM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Hmm... I was about to take a shot at DigiMark's team but Demi beat me to it...

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 02:57 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Ok...you'll have your chance KVD. New team

Skyfather Level: Asgardian Destroyer
Thor
Martian Manhunter
Mr. Majestic
Adam Warlock
Dr. Strange
The Doctor
AoA Magneto

K...so with my prep, Warlock goes to his apartment and grabs his gem (soul gem?). And Thor hops in the Destroyer.

The fight starts, the doctors and MM take care of the shielding. The Doctor leads a posse of him, Magneto (a hero from AoA), and Majestic over to Apocalypse. Mags pulled Apoc apart before and he can do it again. Majestic provides a distraction and the Doctor takes care of anything fancy Apoc might have done with his prep. Mags rips him apart at the molecular level...bye bye

Meanwhile, Thor in Destroyer armor has greeted Thanos (and by greet I mean punched his face in). Even with prep, and some pretty heavy shields, Thor inside the armor puts him slightly above Odin level (note: none of my choices are above Skyfather but together these two are slightly) so Thanos is stalemating him at best, and getting his face punched in at worst.

Dr. Strange was tasked with keeping Dormammu busy for a while since he knows him well. He isn't winning but he's surviving.

With Apoc gone, the Doctor goes to help Strange and everyone else gangs up on Thanos. Warlock, Thor in armor, Magneto, Mr. Majestic....Thanos is in trouble. And if the two doctors can't take out Dormammu, Warlock comes over and traps him in his soul gem while the doctors keep him too busy to do anything about Warlock and his gem.

The new, improved plan. The tail is officially wagging again.

-DM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 07:11 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Get 'em, KVD!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 07:24 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Get 'em, KVD!

Let me translate...

"Get 'em KVD...because digimark actually got off his ass an made a decent plan, and I'd rather have someone else try to pick apart this one."

lol...jk demi.

Oh, and yes, if Apocalypse can grow to the size of Jupiter, he could technically grow pretty damn big. I don't think he could ever grow big enough to have the universe collapse on him because it's expanding damn fast (hundreds of thousands of miles a second) and he probably wouldn't catch up.

That said, I'll admit that it's a dumb loophole in his powers...handy for trying to play devil's advocate in a versus thread (like I did) but not really practical (i.e. it will never happen in a comic). Unfortunately for us, comics are full of discontinuities and loopholes like that, leaving us fanboys to remove the bs from the quasi-realistic stuff. So it might be dumb, but it's a damn fine theoretical argument for Apocalypse fanboys.

-DM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 07:33 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

That's a reasonable alternative, assuming Reed's mind is able to cope with managing those kinds of physical speeds. So once you've done that, what will you build to counter Team Thanos?

ok, now that i've dropped Rogue i've got

Reed Richards
Dr Strangefate
Martian Manhunter
Iron Man
Flash
Silver Surfer
King Thor

and i'll add...... Kang the Conquerer as my eighth

ok...... NOW it's the Ultimate prep team

Manhunter and Strangefate switch Reed's mind into Flashes body
Tony gives Reed all the specs on all the IM armours......ever
Kang gives him the specs on everything he has including time slip and time travel technology
Reed whips up armour to enhance everyone's abilities while giving them all Thorbuster armour Strength minimum and cerebro style gear for Manhunter and Strangefate...... but multiplied a hundredfold with the use of time travel tech gathering
Surfer reinforces all the materials involved to their uppermost potential
Strangefate gives all the armours the maximum mystical protection available
Reed studies the Flash's connection to the "speed force" and is able to partially mimic the connection giving everyone mach 5 reaction speed

Reed whips up a mutant dampening field to take out Apoc as well but adds protection to it in Strangefates armour..... he also has mystical defences to it so it wont affect him

Reed also enhances Strangefate's armour along the lines of Iron Man's armour in "what if.... Tony Stark became Sorcerer Supreme" so that it amplifies the speed and power of all his incantations

the fight starts with Apoc being immediately dropped as a powerless threat.... he's taken out easily

Strangefate deals with Dormammu..... backed by King Thor...... the big D goes down hard..... everyone gangs up and b!tchslaps Thanos until he starts crying

EDIT: i may have gone over the top.......... you only wanted me to "beat" team Thanos......... not obliterate them......... big grin

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Apr 11th, 2005 at 08:50 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 08:45 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Nice. Best use of prep ever.

-DM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 08:48 PM