KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Reign of Fire Trailer!

Reign of Fire Trailer!
Started by: echoman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
poitiers

Aint it Cool News has a raving review about Reign of Fire up

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=12421

Major spoilers though!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 09:31 PM
poitiers is currently offline Click here to Send poitiers a Private Message Find more posts by poitiers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Penguin

AICN

I'm glad that AICN posted a good review...it would be better if it was posted by Harry or Moriarty, but this definitely legitimizes Reign of Fire in my eyes. I think the review is right...potential sleeper hit of the summer. I've also been reading a lot of good buzz on other movie site message boards. Its about time!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 11:51 PM
Penguin is currently offline Click here to Send Penguin a Private Message Find more posts by Penguin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
echoman

Woohoo! Just read the review! Thanks for the link...

I seriously can't wait to see these dragons for myself... What a cool job it must be to be a movie critic! rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jun 6th, 2002 08:58 AM
echoman is currently offline Click here to Send echoman a Private Message Find more posts by echoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Penguin

We are all movie critics to some extent. That's the point of these message boards. There are some posters that i trust and some that i don't. Reign of Fire will rock. Believe me or believe other critics. Definite sleeper of the summer!!!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2002 09:17 AM
Penguin is currently offline Click here to Send Penguin a Private Message Find more posts by Penguin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
echoman

Well, y'know what I mean.... I'd love to be able to watch movies before they're released, write my opinions about them and have millions of eyeballs reading my reviews to see whether or not they should watch the movie. I bet you'd feel like you have so much power. AND I'm sure the movie companies kiss your butt and shower you with gifts so you write a positive review for them! wink

Old Post Jun 6th, 2002 06:37 PM
echoman is currently offline Click here to Send echoman a Private Message Find more posts by echoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
poitiers

I thought that review was pretty good too. Intense, sleeper hit, sounds good to me.

I don't remember reviews that spoiled whole films from before a few years ago. Like newspaper ones manily just give an outline and their opinion. I don't know why AICN feels it needs to tell you every single thing that happens.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2002 09:52 PM
poitiers is currently offline Click here to Send poitiers a Private Message Find more posts by poitiers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Penguin

I agree! Spoilers in reviews are fine if they are discussing a movie that is out in theaters already. A movie like ROF that doesn't come out in a month shouldn't be reviewed with spoilers. Just tell us if it's worth seeing or not!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2002 12:10 AM
poitiers

Yeah I want to know the scoop on movies like this, but when they tell you every single plot point it kind of ruins it a bit. I usually avoid the spoilers, but Iwas too damn curious.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2002 11:39 PM
echoman

Really? You guys didn't like the spoilers? I don't think they gave too much away at all. Just enough to make you want to watch the movie even more! Hearing about scenes from a movie and actually watching the scenes up on the big screen makes a helluvalot of difference, don't you think? wink

Old Post Jun 8th, 2002 08:28 PM
poitiers

It depends really doesn't it. I think the best comparison is when you watch a film for the scond time and you already know what;s coming.

Like the first time I saw LOTR and the wraiths are chasing Frodo to the water and they're almost upon him, I was totally on the edge of my seat. But the second time I saw it, I was considerably more calm and less caught up in it all, since I knew the outcome.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2002 10:17 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Old Post Jun 11th, 2002 12:32 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
poitiers

I think those clips are slightly old. there's newer ones on the RoF site.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2002 09:05 PM
echoman

quote:
Originally posted by poitiers
It depends really doesn't it. I think the best comparison is when you watch a film for the scond time and you already know what;s coming.

Like the first time I saw LOTR and the wraiths are chasing Frodo to the water and they're almost upon him, I was totally on the edge of my seat. But the second time I saw it, I was considerably more calm and less caught up in it all, since I knew the outcome.

Yeah, I see what you mean but I don't think the spoilers from that review is going to make it any less exciting for me to watch.

Has anyone seen tv spots for this yet? I heard they've been airing it on MTV but I haven't seen anything as of yet....

Old Post Jun 11th, 2002 11:46 PM
Dim
Creativity

I haven't seen jack for it yet..

Old Post Jun 12th, 2002 01:37 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Penguin

You've had to have seen the TV ads by now, right? They were all over the MTV Movie Awards. Have you seen any new reviews other that the AICN one? Please let me know if there are any floating around the web.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2002 08:25 PM
poitiers

There was something on CHUD recently about ROF. They don't think its getting enough press at all.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2002 05:21 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

isn't this the one with the dragons? ineresting, I hope there's a good dragon-film soon.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2002 05:56 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Penguin

I think the press is just starting to grow on it. I just saw ANOTHER positive review on AICN for it. I'm sure we'll be seeing McConaughey out pimping the movie on a press tour soon. It's not getting the ridiculous hype that Minority Report is, but I think its got a buzz around it.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2002 01:50 AM
echoman

Has anyone read any other reviews? How come it seems like AICN is the only one that has reviews up for this movie? Kinda suspicious, don't you think? I would love to read a review from a non-biased critic cuz I've heard that Harry Knowles is a gimp for the movie companies...

Old Post Jul 5th, 2002 09:20 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 05:45 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote