KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who can beat an Extremely Confident Gladiator?

Who can beat an Extremely Confident Gladiator?
Started by: armandovalles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
savagerampage

here is and interesting quote

"Gladiator has never moved a planet or flown through a star and his super breath cannot extingusih a star no matter how bad. His powers are self belief based so he boasts to give himself strength but there are limits to this and moving an entire planet is beyond him. Ask yourself could Silver Surfer do this, could Thanos, could Thor or even Galactus and they would wipe the floor with Gladiator. The most Gladiator has done is uproot the baxter building way back in FF#249 and even then Reed hypothesised that it was due to psychic abilities and not strength; as the building would have fell on top of him crumbling under its own weight. In the end Gladiator lost the fight to Caps shield and Sues Shield because he lost faith in his powers. He has also lost to Cannonball"

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 12:15 AM
savagerampage is currently offline Click here to Send savagerampage a Private Message Find more posts by savagerampage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

who in the blue f*cking hell said that?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 12:20 AM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

he never "lost" to Cannonball....... he took 1 hit and got straight back up...... if the other X-Men hadn't arrived Cannonball would be nothing but a smear on the moon by now

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 12:21 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

why do we have to bring Gambit and Cannonball all the time???
read this again

next time know you fact before making claim like surfer is no match.

It's the other way around Glaidator is no match for Surfer.

And Gladiator is no match for Thanos either.

But Glaiator is at hulk , drax , Surfer , Thor 's level he gang in their league , being one of the top fighter.

Attachment: gladvssurfer.jpg
This has been downloaded 98 time(s).

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 12:26 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savagerampage

yeah gladiator is up there in power, but he has a history of losing. i posted that quote from another board. but almost everything that guy said was accurate.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 12:31 AM
savagerampage is currently offline Click here to Send savagerampage a Private Message Find more posts by savagerampage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

What the fact are you talking about,dude.
Ya'll must be smokin' cause Gladiator has done all that amazing stuff.
He has ripped stars in half and moved at hyperlight speed.
Dude, get your facts straight,man.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 12:50 PM
jplatinum is currently offline Click here to Send jplatinum a Private Message Find more posts by jplatinum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Oh puh-lease thanos holds his own against galactus and can kick the shit out of any of galactus' heralds. Gladiator could never take over the universe he doesnt have the cunning, ingenuity, intelligence or power to do so. Thanos has those qualities in abundane. In the End. Who is victorious? Exactly Thanoc and he even has LT on his knees

Well, I think Thanos would smash Gladiator, but Thanos also doesn't close have the power to take over the universe, not on his own powers.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 01:14 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I wonder why Gladiator's confidence is being used like Hulk's anger. It's not supposed to be something he easily loses on account he's a hero to the entire empire.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 01:26 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jplatinum
What the fact are you talking about,dude.
Ya'll must be smokin' cause Gladiator has done all that amazing stuff.
He has ripped stars in half and moved at hyperlight speed.
Dude, get your facts straight,man.

Well he did give everything he got agiasnt Cannonball, and was useless.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 01:31 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

"Well, I think Thanos would smash Gladiator, but Thanos also doesn't close have the power to take over the universe, not on his own powers."

Nope but he has the cunning and ingenuity to put himself in a position from where he can take over the universe. Plus when it comes down to fighting off his own back he can come up with goods. He very recently put Kosmos in her places and she was mad powerful. Molecule man and beyonder combined. Its all down to knowing how to use what u hav to the max

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 01:31 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I can't belive anyone would be of the belief that Gladiator would beat Thanos...

what's this world coming to?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 02:16 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyonder

Originally posted by savagerampage
here is and interesting quote

"Gladiator has never moved a planet or flown through a star and his super breath cannot extingusih a star no matter how bad. His powers are self belief based so he boasts to give himself strength but there are limits to this and moving an entire planet is beyond him. Ask yourself could Silver Surfer do this, could Thanos, could Thor or even Galactus and they would wipe the floor with Gladiator. The most Gladiator has done is uproot the baxter building way back in FF#249 and even then Reed hypothesised that it was due to psychic abilities and not strength; as the building would have fell on top of him crumbling under its own weight. In the end Gladiator lost the fight to Caps shield and Sues Shield because he lost faith in his powers. He has also lost to Cannonball"

Gladiator's smashed a planet to pieces. He's also moved asteroids out of the space ways for the Empire.

Drax destroyed a planet twice in his fights with Thanos. Galactus can destroy a planet. Terrax easily ripped Mahattan into space; Surfer is more versatile and powerful than Terrax. Surfer can destroy a planet. Beta Ray Bill and Stardust destroyed one in their battle.

quote:
Xplosive

Well he did give everything he got agiasnt Cannonball, and was useless.

Cannonball was on the defense most of the fight. And that wasn't even his most powerful blow, unless you think he was their to kill the kid. And that killing that kid was beneificial to his mission of finding the X-Men to save the Empire.

And everything except, heatvision and superbreath. Sam lands one blow and you declare him the winner?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 07:03 PM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Gladiator whould own that boy.
period shit.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 07:58 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

it just frosts my ass the hear this cannon ball bullshit, glad wasnt even taking the dude seriously.

cranks up the direct qoute engine

CB: GLADIATOR!...of the imperial guard?!

G:yes cannonball..The praetor of the Royal Galactic House of the empire. I came in search of the X-men. You will do

all of a sudden CB feels like has to be the hero for a minute not thinking and just rushing into a fight

skip ahead a few panels CB flies glad outside away from innocent ppl

CB:..The harder..*umph*..ah push..*urn*..against you..*mmp*..the harder..*rnmp*..you push?

G: precicsely. Surrender now before you hurt yourself

CB:Nope

skip ahead a few panels glad gets steamed back hands him away

G: i sought you and your mongrel bretheren out for a particular reason mutant! and that reason did not include suffering affronts to my personage by you!

CB: ah was there sir--you were the one that started this(his thought bubble) URNGH! Ah actually felt that one in my teeth

while sent reeling is in midst of hatching a plan, but before he could circle back around he found himself wrapped in a steel girder

CB: Whu--? just how fast are you?

G:faster than you youngling

skip ahead, he expands his kinetic field and destroys the girder, he gets really insulting and thats when glad gets mad

CB:ya might wanna cry uncle before ah turn my power on you

G: ill take that under advisment. and you terran might want to lose that jacket.

CB: pardon

G: becuase it is a lot hotter where you're going. which is the center of the sun

CB: youre joshin right?(thought bubble) he's not--he can do it, too from what ah remember gladiator can do anythin he sets his mind to!
G: Joshin?

CB: ouch this is gonna hurt...unless

there is a big narration that CB recalls that glad's power his pscioncally re-enforced. glad punches him square in the chest a big light show ensues and when the smoke clears CB is still there

CB: so tell pardner...was that your best shot?

G: but...but that was my most powerful blow! and you live? thats not possible

thats the moment when he doubts himself CB lands a swing, much on some hulk hogan shit where he just put both hands together and swing both of them it goes BWONGGG gladiator goes flying

Beast: you channeld all the kinetic energy from his killer blow and directed it to your forcefiled. how long has that trick been in you repertoire, mr. g?

Cb: about six seconds now Dr mccoy.

gambit pays him a compliment, bishop says something then gladiator imediately burst out of the rubble, the rest of the xmen jump in and he begins to explain his reason for showing up. and that was it. there it is. I made sure to be fair and added most of what was said between the two so everyone(especially ppl who never actually read the story and has just been jumping on other posters bandwagon)can get the basic gist of the fight, and i use that word looosley

and you know what i get from this, by his own admission that was his most powerful blow, and it got redirected at him and sent him flying, and he got back up immediatley so if CB didnt come with a last minute ditch to save his life he would have been on the sunshine express.

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Last edited by manjaro on Apr 12th, 2005 at 08:40 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 08:35 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savagerampage

what issues did gladiator do those feats?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 08:52 PM
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

uncanny xmen 341, feb 97

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 04:24 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

He's still a slightly less vulnerable, possibly faster Superman...with a confidence problem of course, but the two are essentially interchangeable. Surfer, written correctly, should be above Glad...and so should Thanos, Skyfather or above, etc. Ego too. Ego can form 100's of class 100+ fighters out of himself....maybe Glad was pissed that day, and Ego wasn't being written to full potential or something, but he didn't kill Ego...he just had a good showing against him.

I'd put Glad above almost anyone that is below Skyfather except for the few I mentioned, near the same level as Thor, Terrax, Savage Hulk, etc. And Thanos was scared of Hulk at one point too...it doesn't mean he'd lose.

-DM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 04:37 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Yeah storm would shit in all of their mouths!!!!! Muwhahahahahahahaha!!!

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 04:39 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Ooooh... that's going to cause extra mod trouble.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 04:52 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Ooooh... that's going to cause extra mod trouble.

I think he's is drunk. He said it earlier today in one of his post.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 04:59 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote