KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batman versus Solid Snake

Batman versus Solid Snake
Started by: Gryn Jabar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Black Rob
The Leading Man

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pointinel
lol

you searched for this?
DARK MARVEL 4 LIFE!

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man."

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 06:23 PM
Black Rob is currently offline Click here to Send Black Rob a Private Message Find more posts by Black Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Snake
The General

Originally posted by Fanboy
Okay I got to say this Batman does not know every martial art in the wolrd he knows like 5 only and crap and I think you guys under rate Batman. Batman has a big chance of beating Snake I hardly see him using some martial arts and crap ya know I think Batman would win.

sir....bats is a master of every martial art. read his profile in the JLA TPB 2 (american dreams)

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 06:25 PM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Batman against Snake ?

This is ridiculous. Snake is a game character (yeah I know there are some comics too, but basically he IS a game character).

Different rules for game characters. Snake doesn't heal himself, the player heals Snake. Snake doesn't reload, the player reloads. Snake doesn't beat bosses, the player beats them (mostly with the aid of a walkthrough).

Oh yeah, Snake, as clever as he may be, can't hold a candle against Batmans intelligence, hasn't half as much experience and knows, hm, I don't know, 7 or 8 moves ?

Impressive lol.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 08:14 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wanderer259

Solid Snake is an expert free-climber, parachutist, and scuba diver with an extensive knowledge of martial arts, weapons, and an IQ of 180. He's damn good with a gun, has dodged bullets, single-handedly defeated bipedal, nuclear warhead-launching battletanks and superhuman enemies multiple times. He's known as the 'Man Who Makes the Impossible Possible' or somesuch.

He's got a chance against Batman, but he's less likely to win, I think. Batman 6-8/10.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 08:19 PM
Wanderer259 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer259 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer259 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Originally posted by Wanderer259
Solid Snake is an expert free-climber, parachutist, and scuba diver
Okay forget the free-climbing, parachuting and scuba diving, that is not gonna help him against Batman.
quote:
with an extensive knowledge of martial arts, weapons, and an IQ of 180.

Extensive knowledge ? Are you sure ? I mean, very sure ? When I play with him - I played all three MGS and the third one rocked - I can use only a few moves. That's it.
quote:
He's damn good with a gun

He's not even on Punisher level with a gun.
quote:
has dodged bullets, single-handedly defeated bipedal, nuclear warhead-launching battletanks

Single-handedly with a big bazooka wink
quote:
He's known as the 'Man Who Makes the Impossible Possible' or somesuch.

Lol, that's just PR-talk.
quote:
He's got a chance against Batman, but he's less likely to win, I think. Batman 6-8/10.

Make that 9/10 and we have a deal.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 08:26 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wanderer259

You're basing a lot off of a game's "rules", whereas I'm just using what little bio information can be gleaned off of little plot documents and whatnot. There's a difference. Batman can't do 90% of the things he does in videogames, and thus, if you're going to use the virtual version of Snake, use the virtual version of Batman.

There's not much to go on as far as Snake goes, however.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 08:28 PM
Wanderer259 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer259 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer259 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Originally posted by Wanderer259
You're basing a lot off of a game's "rules"

That's correct, but I have a reason : Snake IS a game character and Batman IS a comic character.

It's not more than logic that we use the most known "versions" of the characters. If you have to believe everything we read about Snake... I can also create a website in which I write that Snake is the Ultimate Warrior. But that doesn't mean shit cause we sure don't see it in the games.

Snake is famous and popular in the games, so I'll use the games as a reference. Batman is famous and popular in the comics, so I'll use the comics as a reference.

But like I said, comparing game characters and comic characters is a very bad idea. Different rules.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 08:33 PM
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by who?-kid
He's not even on Punisher level with a gun.

he is when i use him wink

Bow before your new ruler...

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 08:34 PM
EsteemedLeader is currently offline Click here to Send EsteemedLeader a Private Message Find more posts by EsteemedLeader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
he is when i use him wink

When you play it on easy I bet stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 08:35 PM
Wanderer259

quote:
It's not more than logic that we use the most known "versions" of the characters. If you have to believe everything we read about Snake... I can also create a website in which I write that Snake is the Ultimate Warrior. But that doesn't mean shit cause we sure don't see it in the games.

Snake is famous and popular in the games, so I'll use the games as a reference. Batman is famous and popular in the comics, so I'll use the comics as a reference.

The stuff I got a hold of is all from official Konami sources - books, etc.

Agreed on the rules thing. Snake isn't much of a comic character yet. With the MGS2 comic coming in October, which is supposedly going to be different from the game, we might see some stuff to actually use. At the moment, I don't know why he keeps being brought up here.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 08:36 PM
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

sure, snake can take on a military base full of terrorists, super-soldiers, and bipedal nuclear tanks. but in a 1on1 with batman, im going with bats. if snake has his codec he can talk to the guys and be on about the same strategic level. but bats is a better h2h fighter and his gadgets are better than snakes guns. this is a context thing. snake is perfectly trained as an INFILTRATOR. batman will win in a close proximity encounter.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 08:39 PM
EsteemedLeader is currently offline Click here to Send EsteemedLeader a Private Message Find more posts by EsteemedLeader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wanderer259

quote:
but bats is a better h2h fighter and his gadgets are better than snakes guns. this is a context thing. snake is perfectly trained as an INFILTRATOR. batman will win in a close proximity encounter.

Agreed. I think Snake's intelligent, experienced, and skilled enough to pull out at least one win, two or three if I really want to push my Snake fanboyism.

Yes, I admit it.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 08:42 PM
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by who?-kid
When you play it on easy I bet stick out tongue

actually i beat the games on every difficulty level except easy

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 08:44 PM