KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Jackie Chan & Jet Lee vS Bruce Lee UFC Ultimate Fight

Jackie Chan & Jet Lee vS Bruce Lee UFC Ultimate Fight
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jrodslam

jplatinum i respect your opinion. Miracles and Armor of God are bothe great movies. As well as Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars, Who am I? My Jackie Chan collection is huge, and I hope to make it bigger as i get more money, and buy them all on dvd.

To be bold, and i know its not the most popular statement, but i feel Jackie is the most talented out of the 3. He knows the most styles, more experienced maybe not as strong as Bruce or Jet, but hes more of a defensive fighter, where they are more offensive. Great dodge reflexes as well. All my opinion of course.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 12:35 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Abong the three, I'd take Jet. if for no other reason than that he got to grow up with people like the other two as examples. On the shoulders ofgianta, as it were.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 01:26 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

So we are decided that since it is Bruce vs Jackie and Jet (as in a team), he loses? Because was worried there for a moment at the start of this thread.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 01:39 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

I know im decided. Bruce Lee fanboys are up there with the Wolverine and Spiderman fanboys. Sad.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 01:48 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
paeng

Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan will be a great fight. But Jet Li, he doesn't have any muscles he is full of fat's because he's not doing all of his stunts and his body is just like a drunken body that can be easily knocked in the UFC.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 03:10 AM
paeng is currently offline Click here to Send paeng a Private Message Find more posts by paeng Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Abong the three, I'd take Jet. if for no other reason than that he got to grow up with people like the other two as examples. On the shoulders ofgianta, as it were.

Yeah, but isn't that saying something like Allen Iverson, or every superstar that came afterwards, is better than Michael Jordan?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 03:12 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
black wolverine
Restricted

Account Restricted

first of all i think bruce would win and this is y first jet li is fake not real he does no stunts without wires

so its more like jackie vs bruce and bruce is a crazy bastrad so the skinny azn wins

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 04:03 AM
black wolverine is currently offline Click here to Send black wolverine a Private Message Find more posts by black wolverine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
black wolverine
Restricted

Account Restricted

iverson is a hecca good b-ball player did u see dat game da other day anyway iverson is better than jordan just because he is old if jordan was younger he would beat himwith his eyes closed

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 04:04 AM
black wolverine is currently offline Click here to Send black wolverine a Private Message Find more posts by black wolverine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

quote: (post)
Originally posted by black wolverine
iverson is a hecca good b-ball player did u see dat game da other day anyway iverson is better than jordan just because he is old if jordan was younger he would beat himwith his eyes closed

Yes. If both were in their prime, Jordan would score 80 on Iverson.

The comparison I was making is that just because Jet Li grew up watching Bruce Lee, it doesn't mean Li's as good or better than Lee.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 05:01 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Bruce in fighting mode would win

Bruce in berserker mode would kill

he would fight to murder.
While Laffy Jackie would block some of Lee's hit all scary and Jet dances around thinking he could fly and shit. Lee was a depressed soul filled with rage that was always breaking someones neck. He's real. No flying, no ladders no running just hardcore. He punch you in the chest and break your heart seriously. I think A lee hit anywhere would literally kill someone.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 05:08 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've heard that Bruce Lee would regularly accept challenges to
fights on movie sets. he obviously loved a good challenge.

For Jet Li and Chan, I think it may somtimes be hard to seperate
the movie stunts with the real fighting skills.

I give this to Bruce Lee, largely because of what FistOfThe North
said, Bruce seems like he has a volcano waiting to explode
underneath the smiling face.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 06:02 AM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

yeah ummmmm bruce regularly fought in street fights in china before he he got fame. These fights included the use of weapons like knives and chains. I dont think he's have much of a problem taking down jet li or jackie chan.

I love meals on wheels though, that's one of the best fight scenes ever. Where did you hear/see anyone say that was a real fight though. I recall jackie chan saying that benny was his favorite person to fight in fils with because the jet was fast enough to keep up with jackie, I however never recall him saying anything about a real fight between the two.

oh yeah....again....this is in the wrong forum. burce lee is the only comic book character here.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 06:14 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jet Li is not something (I ma not sure what his martial art is). Anyhow Kung Fu is not best martial arts. After Cradle 2 the grave, there was interview with Jet Li, and he was asked how he would do in reality against those cage figthers (Couture, Liddell and Oritz, they were all in Cradle 2 the grave). He answered he would get crushed in 10 seconds.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 06:36 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

"jet li is not something"

ummm what was that supposed to mean?

And yes jet li is in Wusho (sp?) his competitions were in wusho forms, that does not make him a great fighter. Yes he has good moves and he's quick, but that doesn't make him a great fighter either. What makes jackie tough is he does all his own stunts and went through hell during his childhood, what makes bruce tough is that well......he actually fought.......alot.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 06:40 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

I know that I'll probably get blasted for this, but I really am sick and tired of others accusing posters of being hardcore "fanboys" just because they defend their opinion. I'll agree, there are those that just can't be convinced even with proof. But some of you others just jump too soon to call them extreme fanboys, ones that won't listen to reason. There are those, yes, but not everyone who defends there opinion is one.

I have seen a large number (almost all every one) of Bruce Lee's movies. I have read his "Tao of Jeet Kune Do" and many other books about him and his fighting. I have also seen almost every Jacke Chan movie there is, he is incredible to say the least. And, in case you didn't see it coming, I have also seen almost every Jet Li movie there has been as well. And just to not be a "movie fanboy", I have also read much on each of the three, know very much about their histories, and know their array of fighting styles very well.

In my completely unbiased opinion, this fight would go to Bruce Lee. Not many people know this, but he moved too fast for almost everyone to keep up with, and that's INCLUDING the camera. This is no lie, it is a proven fact from all of his movies. When they first began shooting the movies, they literally couldn't see Bruce's motions for a punch (for example), only a very faint blur because the film could not keep up, even with its 24 frames per second. So they actually had to have him slow down his movements from his first movies and on, or else no one would ever know what was going on.

And it's not just speed, though that is a major factor. He is also incredibly strong. He developed the One-Inch-Punch. He would only need to place his hand only his fingers' length away from his target, and then punch with all his might. This proved to be more than many of the top martial artists of his day could handle. I have LITERALLY seen (and own the video) of Bruce Lee One-Inch-Punching this guy literally 10-15 away and making him fall over. The guy was ready and prepared for it and everything.

And let's not forget his fighting style, Jeet Kune Do, the one that he actually invented and developed himself. Jeet Kune Do is a different kind of martial art because it revolves around adapting to any form of attack or defense. It is also all about winning, no matter what. No styles, no crazy stances. Just whatever it takes to get the job done.

I'm not going to even go into the rage factor here. And yes, Bruce did indeed have one, and no, not like a comic character or anything. But it would enable him to just crazy on an opponent, completely decimating him.

Again, don't get me wrong. I think Jackie and Jet are INCREDIBLE, AMAZING martial artists, the top of their game really. I have such high respect for them. They are probably the top right now, in this era of our world. But Bruce is a legend for a reason.

I think the better thread should've been Jackie Chan vs. Jet Li. Now that would be a much closer match in my opinon.

Bruce wins. It's sheer fact.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 06:43 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I'm sure none of the million kung fu movies that hyped Bruce Lee had anything to do with him being a legend.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 06:46 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

You obviously seem to know alot abou the subject Metalmanx,
my hats off to you.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 07:27 AM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

miffed

by Scythe

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 08:55 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote