KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Apocalypse vs Onslaught

Apocalypse vs Onslaught
Started by: armandovalles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Onslaught has Magneto's powers in him (among other...some more powerful)...Magneto beat Apocalypse in AoA. Why is there even two sides to this debate??

-DM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 11:31 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Immortality doesn't win fights.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 11:34 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Onslaught has Magneto's powers in him (among other...some more powerful)...Magneto beat Apocalypse in AoA. Why is there even two sides to this debate??

-DM

Because this forum is full of Apoc fanboys.

Apoc got his ass beat by Cable in melee combat. Apoc has shown no ability to do anything worthwhile, ever. Sinister is more succesful against the X-men then he is. Therefore, I deem Apoc obsolete.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 11:39 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

I wouldn't say FULL of Apoc fanboys. Three tops. Not that there's anything wrong with being a fanboy (*cough*IloveMagneto*cough*), as long as you present valid reasons supporting your character.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 12:05 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by demigawd
[B] I'd put Poccy at around Thing level in strength.

/B]

Apocalpyse is easily strogner than Cable, I don't understand you, how can you comapre them phisically, it's not worhtarguing about that, it's just isn't. Apocaylpse I don't remeeber saying he is no match for Onsalught, he only said he could stop it (it doens't mean he actully could), but he didn't say he is no match for Onlsaghut.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 05:46 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Sure Poccy is stronger than Cable. But however strong Poccy is, he was unable to quickly put Cable down in a purely physical fight. That's unimpressive. if Poccy had Hulk-level strength, the fight would have been over immediately. Just look at what Hulk did to Cable.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 05:49 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Is this a joke? he can't handle magneto let alone Onslaught.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 07:21 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savagerampage

doesnt poccy have 100 class strength?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 08:02 AM
savagerampage is currently offline Click here to Send savagerampage a Private Message Find more posts by savagerampage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sure Poccy is stronger than Cable. But however strong Poccy is, he was unable to quickly put Cable down in a purely physical fight. That's unimpressive. if Poccy had Hulk-level strength, the fight would have been over immediately. Just look at what Hulk did to Cable.

If you remeber he stopped savage Hulk phisically (it's fact), I don't think Cable could do that.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 01:52 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

"doesnt poccy have 100 class strength?"

I think he can empower himself to hav that by drawing on outside energy sources butnot as standard. Cables got class 10 strength because of his augmentations and because apocalypse hasnt demonstrated he clearly outclasses him in that area id put him around class 20 at the most as standard.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 02:02 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
"doesnt poccy have 100 class strength?"

I think he can empower himself to hav that by drawing on outside energy sources butnot as standard. Cables got class 10 strength because of his augmentations and because apocalypse hasnt demonstrated he clearly outclasses him in that area id put him around class 20 at the most as standard.

You would put Apocalypse in class 20.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 02:13 PM
Molecule man

There's nothing to argue about Onslaught would destroy Apoc easily. He is one of the most OVERRATED mutants characters ever in MU

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 02:50 PM
Molecule man is currently offline Click here to Send Molecule man a Private Message Find more posts by Molecule man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

Originally posted by leonheartmm
seeing that a even galactus wud get trashed by onlaught
Are you feeling ok?

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Immortality doesn't win fights.
Especially when you're NOT immortal...like Apoc ain't.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 02:50 PM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Originally posted by Xplosive
If you remeber he stopped savage Hulk phisically (it's fact), I don't think Cable could do that.

He didn't stop Savage Hulk physically. I already explained this in the page before.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 03:32 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

He didn't stop Savage Hulk physically. I already explained this in the page before.

He did restrain Hulk phisically, I already said this in the post before.

Last edited by Xplosive on Apr 21st, 2005 at 04:05 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 03:58 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

Like I said before, the issue began with Poccy having Hulk in a leveraged braced position. We don't know how Poccy got in that position with Hulk in the first place, but once you're in that position, you have leverage - so how strong you are and how strong Hulk is becomes meaningless. Spider-man could have held Hulk in that position and Hulk wouldn't have been able to escape. Secondly, Hulk wasn't fighting back anyway. He was busy dying from radiation poisoning and just wanted somebody to help him. In order to keep Hulk in a position only requires two things: 1)Being big enough to lean back and lift Hulks feet off the ground without you being off the ground and 2)Being able to lift/support Hulks weight, which I believe is around 800 pounds. That's it! That's all! You don't have to actually be stronger than the Hulk to keep him like that. In fact, you can be Class 1/2 and do it. It's a common Judo trick....

So now that we've established that Apocalypse is at least Class 1/2....

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 04:09 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Like I said before, the issue began with Poccy having Hulk in a leveraged braced position. We don't know how Poccy got in that position with Hulk in the first place, but once you're in that position, you have leverage - so how strong you are and how strong Hulk is becomes meaningless. Spider-man could have held Hulk in that position and Hulk wouldn't have been able to escape. Secondly, Hulk wasn't fighting back anyway. He was busy dying from radiation poisoning and just wanted somebody to help him. In order to keep Hulk in a position only requires two things: 1)Being big enough to lean back and lift Hulks feet off the ground without you being off the ground and 2)Being able to lift/support Hulks weight, which I believe is around 800 pounds. That's it! That's all! You don't have to actually be stronger than the Hulk to keep him like that. In fact, you can be Class 1/2 and do it. It's a common Judo trick....

So now that we've established that Apocalypse is at least Class 1/2....

LOL. wink

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 04:13 PM
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

okay okay, how about the Apoc from the cartoon show. The one from the cartoon show i say could easily destroy Onslaught. He beat Magneto, Mystique, Cable, and the X-Men all at the same time and wouldve killed them all too if it wasnt for the 20+ psychics.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 04:45 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

Which cartoon are you referring to? TAS or Evolution?

In TAS he didn't accomplish much in the way of anything...except had a few cool lines.

In Evolution he was a badass to be sure, but still not at the level of someone like Onslaught.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 04:51 PM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never saw him in Evolution, the series ended before they had a chance to show him didnt it?

I'm talking about the Animated series from the 90's, he was nearly invincible then, he would've defeated Magneto, Mystique, Cable, and the X-Men all at the same time and wouldve killed them all too if it wasnt for the 20+ psychics.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 04:53 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote