KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » What if James Cameron directed T3?

What if James Cameron directed T3?
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LindaHamilton32

Wow.Great thread. If James Cameron helmed T3 it would have been absolutely epic. It possibly would've been another milestone in Sci-Action movies like T2 was.

Don't get me wrong, i enjoy T3 for what it is;a respectable summer action movie.It's just that it isn't a James Cameron film. And i can see that every time i watch it.However i think Jonathan Mostow did a competent job. He had some pretty big shoes to fill plus the masterpiece that is Terminator 2 to follow up.Mostow will have had intense pressure to recreate shots to pay homage to the previous classics.The style was well-established and well-known. He had very few options and followed the previous installments well with the material he was handed.What are your thoughts?Thanks

"Despite all the action of the Terminator movies, they were actually pretty high-minded. There was really a message there about the human condition, and Terminator 3 had no regard for human life whatsoever." - Linda Hamilton on T3
Me and my good friend Linda Hamilton:
http://files.myopera.com/DieInCries...HamiltonPam.jpg

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 02:50 PM
LindaHamilton32 is currently offline Click here to Send LindaHamilton32 a Private Message Find more posts by LindaHamilton32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CarlzT2

plot holes

If James Cameron had directed T3 there wouldn't have been so many plot holes! in T2, John Connor was 10. in T3, they said he was 13 in T2. If he was 13, then it would be 1998 when T2 took place, which would be impossible because Judgement Day was supposed to be in 1997. i don't know why Mostow changed that.

I think T3 was pretty good besides all that. the plot made sense. It was a good continuation of the story. Jonathon Mostow did a very good job with it.

But I think that if James Cameron had directed it with the same plot and everything (minus the plot holes), it would have blown everyone away. seriously. it might have been better than T2 (if that's possible!)

Old Post Oct 24th, 2009 08:49 PM
CarlzT2 is currently offline Click here to Send CarlzT2 a Private Message Find more posts by CarlzT2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Terminator can't avoid plot-holes, there are plot holes from 1 to 2, such as Sarah Conner's age, John's father, and the whole sending the T1000 back, like why that time?

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 02:38 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brattgomez
Restricted

Account Restricted

RE

Terminator 3....I am not happy with that movie. It surprised me lot.Rise of the machines is probably the weakest entry in another much-loved trilogy, but let's be honest, T3 was doomed from the day of the franchise creator James Cameron decided to take him out.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 03:39 AM
brattgomez is currently offline Click here to Send brattgomez a Private Message Find more posts by brattgomez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soundgun99

Re: What if James Cameron directed T3?

Sarah Conner would have been left floating on some wood in the ocean and the Terminator would have been left freezing in the water and looking at her until she pushes him into the deep, freezing abyss below.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lau_timmy
In my opinion, he would have made it more violent, more realistic, less cheesieness, it would have been about an hour longer as well. What little things do you think he would have changed?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2013 06:52 PM
Soundgun99 is currently offline Click here to Send Soundgun99 a Private Message Find more posts by Soundgun99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote