KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Does the DS Touchpad Actually Hinder the Production of Games??

Does the DS Touchpad Actually Hinder the Production of Games??
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

About a fourth of them. Like Twisted Metal and Dynasty Warriors. Most of them are original.

DS has VERY innovative games. But extremely weird and not very indepth. There's only so long you can play with a toilet seat.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 05:43 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

heh heh come on new Gameboy...come on out.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 05:51 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

blink

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 05:32 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Draco69
done ALOT better.

A LOT is two words

Old Post May 4th, 2005 05:33 PM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, give the system some time to get different games.
Its about a half year old.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 06:26 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

it's just a baby.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 05:17 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like both this system and the PSP

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post May 6th, 2005 01:06 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

i dont think its the touchpad, i think its the fact the nintendo company keeps making gameboy advance games still! if they want to sell their ds product off the store then they have stop with gba and go to ds! the playstation company is slowing down on ps2 and working on psps, at the same time they are preparing games for the ps3 comming out. so if nintendo wants to get back in the lead they have to stop making gba games, slow down on gamecube, and work on the nintendo revolution and ds

Old Post May 8th, 2005 03:31 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

What a stupid thing to say.

Slow down production on the GBA?
They would lose tons of cash. THe DS is not an upgraded version of the GBA. Its a different product thats catering to a different market (Or so they say).
Slow down production on the GC?
THey would also lose tons of cash. You keep on producing for a product thats still on the market, no matter what console is in research or design.

Nintendo can easily produce for 4 console/handheld systems. Its still a very big company.

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:13 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

Well let's think about it:

Let's say a game company makes "X-Men Legends" for the PSP and the DS. The PSP would be rather easy to format it to. However for the DS, it would require a complete renovation. They would have to implent new ideas for the touchpad. The control scheme would be changed. In fact the entire gameplay would be altered.

If anyone has noticed the DS games are games specifically designed for the DS. While other games are multi-platform, the DS requires extra work and money to implment the touchpad. And most companies aren't willing to opt for that.

And has anyone noticed that there are no fighting games on the DS nor any in the future?

Cannot imagine playing Soul Calibur or Tekken with the touchpad. Ten-hit comboes would be damn near impossible.

sigh....you never ****ing learn do you?

You can't compare them due to their creative medians.

I mean do you honestly expect you could play DS games on the PSP?

Old Post May 9th, 2005 03:26 AM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

Originally posted by Smasandian
What a stupid thing to say.

Slow down production on the GBA?
They would lose tons of cash. THe DS is not an upgraded version of the GBA. Its a different product thats catering to a different market (Or so they say).
Slow down production on the GC?
THey would also lose tons of cash. You keep on producing for a product thats still on the market, no matter what console is in research or design.

Nintendo can easily produce for 4 console/handheld systems. Its still a very big company.

how do you explain the playstation company getting sooo much money?

Old Post May 9th, 2005 03:59 AM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by Robo-Chocobo
sigh....you never ****ing learn do you?

You can't compare them due to their creative medians.

I mean do you honestly expect you could play DS games on the PSP?

So says the Nintendo fanatic...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

You obviously lack the intelligence to understand that non-Nintendo corporations have to expend more revenue and production into making Nintendo DS games because of the control issues. For example, the gaming company that made Spiderman 2 for Nintendo DS had to completely revamp the game in order to incorporate Nintendo DS' touchpad. The "creative medians" is meaningless. Games made by Nintendo were made for the Nintendo DS. Games made by other corporations require extra tweaking or even a complete makeover.

Is there any other reason why Nintendo DS has less than twenty games in a span of nearly 8 months? The other games that are still in production do not even have any screenshots to their name.

There's a reason why "Robo-Chocobo" is such a fitting title for you. Like all ostrich-type creatures of the world you like to stick your head in the sand.

Last edited by Draco69 on May 9th, 2005 at 05:15 AM

Old Post May 9th, 2005 05:10 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

So says the Nintendo fanatic...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

You obviously lack the intelligence to understand that non-Nintendo corporations have to expend more revenue and production into making Nintendo DS games because of the control issues. For example, the gaming company that made Spiderman 2 for Nintendo DS had to completely revamp the game in order to incorporate Nintendo DS' touchpad. The "creative medians" is meaningless. Games made by Nintendo were made for the Nintendo DS. Games made by other corporations require extra tweaking or even a complete makeover.

Is there any other reason why Nintendo DS has less than twenty games in a span of nearly 8 months? The other games that are still in production do not even have any screenshots to their name.

There's a reason why "Robo-Chocobo" is such a fitting title for you. Like all ostrich-type creatures of the world you like to stick your head in the sand.

why should it matter if they have to 'work' to revamp the game? .. I mean.. programmers dont have souls.. whip them and get them coding I say.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 9th, 2005 05:22 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Work takes time and money. Some of which some corporations would not be willing to expend.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 05:23 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

if they arent willing to spend it.. dont bother making it.. crap like spider man 2 isnt selling the ds anyhow lol

Old Post May 9th, 2005 05:24 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Actually it was one of the top-selling titles for the DS....

That's self-defeating, Nintendo relies on game corporations to make them games for their systems. Yoshi and Mario can only carry them so far.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 05:25 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

humor me for a second.. based on these screenshots..
would you buy the pile of horseshit called spider man 2 for DS?

(please log in to view the image)

more , you say?

Wooo lord.. these graphics are on fire!.. look at that hotness! /sarcasm no expression

ah yes... so self defeating (my ass) whoever bought this hunk of crap that calls itself software most definately has a hole in their head that desperately needs to be filled with a fairly large organ called a brain big grin but thats just me

like I said.. if they feel its so troublesome to program for the ds.. let em leave.. otherwise they can stay and possibly make some profit if their game does well

Old Post May 9th, 2005 05:38 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Would I buy it? Absolutely not. And yet thousands of other people bought it. (Which depresses me greatly)....

I agree with the second paragraph. However in business you do what is profitable. And many companies do not find making a proverbial "special console" game that is compatible with the other systems and not the DS non-profitable.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 05:42 AM